March 2018 Moms

Sh*t People Say to Pregnant Women

Re: Sh*t People Say to Pregnant Women

• Loading the player...
  • @kiki75, well said!!!  Ditto to all of that!  :)
  • So my SO slaps my butt today and states..."wow! It's gotten a lot bigger!!" I was flabbergasted. He says it was a compliment, because I don't actually have an ass otherwise.
  • @kiki75 YES! I will do that next time and report people's reactions.  :)
  •  OMG some of these are just terrible. I'm sorry for all of us dealing with social idiots. My new one's fairly mild by comparison, but still annoying.

DH was talking to a friend/coworker with whom we've been pretty open about the whole process. She said to him, So since you got the NIPT you know the sex right. Are you having a boy or girl?
    DH: It's a surprise. 
    Friend texts me: So, should I keep saving all the little girl clothes I have? 

Um, do you think I'm stupid? Like you're gonna trick me into giving away something I don't want to share? SMH. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I’ve heard a lot of “did you plan to have another?” We have an almost 2 year old boy, and when they hear we’re having a girl they say oh great one of each. 
  • @cford08 ugh girl you know they are. Our plan already was that I would get an IUD for two years until we’re SURE, so hopefully policies change before then. Either way, in two years we’re going to try getting it done and if they don’t let him, I’m giving them hell for it. 
  • @ShawnnaO my SIL has to wait until she was 30 to have her tubes tied and she pretty well almost bled to death with one of my nieces' birth at 27. My BIL was Army and was not interested in a vasectomy. I was floored when they told me about that "policy"  :/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cford08 my husband is all for getting a vasectomy. He says my body has already been through enough and he doesn’t mind being the one to get give his done instead of me. But this is ridiculous. 
  • @ShawnnaO Thanks, patriarchy! I can’t believe that it’s legal to have a requirement like that on federally sponsored insurance. I’d get it if it was a faith-based company but yeeeessshhh. 
  • @ShawnnaO Wow that does seem pretty antiquated! Hopefully they will let him have one early in a couple years. 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @Gingermom15 @k318 I can't stand the "was it planned?" question either. The first time someone asked me I was kind of unprepared, and just felt so weird because I realized it was like they were asking about our sex lives. It's no ones business how a baby was conceived! And technically every BFP is a surprise, even when it's after IVF or not. I eventually just said "we weren't doing anything to prevent it". But what else was I going to say? Did they want some sort of crazy sex story? Ick. It's like once babies are involved in the conversation, random people feel like they have carte blanche to ask private questions.  
  • @SoFlaMommie1128
    we also have a two year old boy and are expecting a girl this time. Those comments are so irritating! Family telling us they’re relieved it’s a girl (ugh), acquaintances, coworkers and friends all ask if we’re done now that we have one of each. Like babies prizes or soemthing?? 
  • barrelocarolbarrelocarol member
    edited November 2017
    @alice0218 I highly recommend Hypnobirthing! I had zero confidence last time and it took me a long time to get over how I birthed my sweet boy bc of that. This time, I'm doing Hypnobirthing; I see marked difference and I feel able to ninja kick away any negativity!

@ShawnnaO I hate that response. :s You captured the after thoughts perfectly. 

Edited: "thoughts" does not = "this ggts"
  • @leilaquinn I knew people could be rude and ridiculous to pregnant people. Hell I'm sure in my younger days I said some stupid stuff to my preggo friends. But this thread just goes to show how much crap women take about making a new human.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ShawnnaO I am so glad all the MW's I've had are pro do what you need to during childbirth. My first birth my MW suggested I get it because of the doctor having to manually turn baby.
  • I was done at 2 and my family knows that. I’m still working out my feelings with this new path in life (obviously I love my baby but this was not the plan). This is the exact text message one of my sisters sent me last month:

“I have a friend who can't have any more babies and wants one if you wanna give her yours”

when is that ever an OK thing to say? Oh but she thought she was so funny and clever. 
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18