August 2018 Moms

Introduction

Re: Introduction

• anyone know why my posts keep getting chopped up? I’ve tried to introduce myself a couple times and every time it cuts off most of what I say
    I’m guessing you tried to use an emoji? You can’t use mobile emojis, only TB emojis because the bump is lame.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Hi Ladies!
    I am 33 and DH and I have an EDD of 8/3! This is our second pregnancy so we are cautiously optimistic. I wasn't aware of TB during the first so I am looking forward to having support along this journey and getting to know you all! I ride horses for a living and hope to do that for as long as i safely can. Excited to be here and I wish you all a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy!
  • I won't pay retail for anything either! In fact, other than possibly a car seat, my goal is to not buy anything new for the baby. Craigslist and thrift stores all the way. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My name is Jen and I have a 2 year old DD and was active with the Aug 2015 group that is now on FB.  I have been trying for #2 since January with 2 miscarriages so I am hopeful that this one sticks.  Based on ovulation tests I should be due 8/16 which is exactly 3 years to the day after my DD was due so that is fun!  We are moving into a new house at the end of the month so that plus symptoms should be a lot of fun!
  • Hi everyone! My name is Jordan and my due date is 8-8-18. I’m 26 and my husband is 28. We live in San Diego and are looking forward to raising kids here! I’m a preschool teacher, and have worked with children in the early childhood range for years. I had a miscarriage back in July, but feel really good about things this time around. Looking forward to having a support system with all of the August moms. :)
  • kmallskmalls member
    edited December 2017
    **lurking from April ‘18**

@lalala2004 congratulations! I was stalking the TFAS thread yesterday but didn’t even think to look here. Such great news!!

ETA: @vinerie I was a part of May16 for like 10 seconds, but congrats to you, too! 
  • edited December 2017
    Hi all, first timer here. EDD Aug 1, which puts me at 6 weeks today. DH and I are both 31. We are super excited. 

We are currently dealing with when and how to announce to our families.  I’d normally want to wait until 12 weeks, but with the holidays coming up I think we may do it sooner! Do you all think 8/9 weeks is too early?

Looking forward to having an online community as we go through this new adventure! 
  • Hi all, first timer here. EDD Aug 1, which puts me at 6 weeks today. DH and I are both 31. We are super excited. 

We are currently dealing with when and how to announce to our families.  I’d normally want to wait until 12 weeks, but with the holidays coming up I think we may do it sooner! Do you all think 8/9 weeks is too early?

Looking forward to having an online community as we go through this new adventure! 
    9 weeks is when I announced with my first. Whatever you are comfortable with , I say.
    *Siggy Warning*

• @jlo629 HI!!! I think we were in Au '15 together, but I didn't move to facebook.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• princesslockness Yeah we were!  Looks like these little ones will be pretty close together too!
  • Hi all. This is my 2nd pregnancy. DH and I have a 3 year old little boy. I think we are due Aug. 17. Early BFP here. Excited to be back.
  • Hello! This is my first time pregnant and I think I'll be due around Aug 12. I am 4 weeks 3 days now. I have a dr appt dec 18 (ill be 6 weeks) for...im not sure what. I don't know what they can do at that time! 
     I'm excited and nervous and trying to figure out all the acronyms used on these threads :) looking forward to talking with you all more as we go along. 
  • Thanks! I agree :) 

Also I just realized that I needed a new screen name. I hope it shows up now!
  • Hello! I am cautiously here. I have a little girl that turned 4 in October. Last year at this time we found out that I was pregnant with baby#2, but I lost it shortly after. I had a few miscarriages before our little girl also. But we are thinking positively and hoping that this is our rainbow baby! My EDD is August 6. 

• Thanks! I agree :) 

Also I just realized that I needed a new screen name. I hope it shows up now!
    You may need to log out and log back in.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Hi all, I'm due with #2 around August 15th. PGAL brain is making me worried though (Had an MC this August). My daughter is almost 2, I was on the Jan '16 board. Excited to join and I hope I will stay!!
  • Hello Ladies!

I checked this board a few days ago and there wasn't an introductory post but anyways, this is my 4th pregnancy, will be my second child. I'm super nervous about it too and trying not to let every twinge freak me out!  :# My son is 5 years old and we're all so excited for this little bean. My DD is 8/2. Was hoping for a girl since we have our boy but boys are so much fun! 
  • Hi ladies! I got my BFP on Nov 27th. Due August 8th according to LMP. TW** I had a miscarriage in August. The baby stopped growing at 5 weeks but I didn’t have the actual miscarriage until 10 or 11 weeks TW** Looking forward to getting to know you all!! 

• Hi ladies so excited about my BFP!!!! My name is Rosie, We are in Charlotte NC!  Congratulations to all of you as well! I currently have a 6 month old. We started ttc Bc we didn’t know how long it would take! We are just over the moon excited! I am a sahm and look forward to reading everyone’s posts! 
  • HIIIIIIII @kindbytealikat! So excited to see you here!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @kindbytealikat
     It's nice to see someone that shares some superficial similarities with me =) I also have an older husband (45) and step children (17 and 20 yrs). This is my first pregnancy.

Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kmalls said:
    **lurking from April ‘18**

@lalala2004 congratulations! I was stalking the TFAS thread yesterday but didn’t even think to look here. Such great news!!

ETA: @vinerie I was a part of May16 for like 10 seconds, but congrats to you, too! 
    I remember! Congrats to you, as well! 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Yay @mrs_drc_rn how exciting!!! My EDD is 8/13 so we are pretty close!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @lalala2004 I thought for sure I was out since LP has consistently been 11 days. I was so excited when AF didn’t show up on day 12 because I was thinking my LP was just getting longer! Then today, I’m like “ok AF HAS to show up today.”
  • @mrs_drc_rn maybe you were just extra hydrated :tongue:
    *Siggy Warning*

• Hi all! My name is Brook and I'm due with baby #2 Aug 5th. I have a 2.5 year old dd. Excited to be back on the Bump with you all.
  • Hi all! My name is Brook and I'm due with baby #2 Aug 5th. I have a 2.5 year old dd. Excited to be back on the Bump with you all

Stuck in the bump box...You might change your SN it's really have to keep up with knottie names. Welcome :)
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Hi everyone! I just got my first clear BFP's today both on 2 OSOM tests and a digi. This will be my 4th baby, as I already have 3 boys (12, 6, and 4). Based on my LMP, my due date would be August 19th! 
  • Hi, I’m Megan. This will be my fourth baby. Fifth pregnancy. A few months ago, I had an ectopic pregnancy and lost my baby and my right Fallopian tube. I’m cautiously optimistic about this pregnancy as my hcg levels have been excellent and more like what they’d be in a regular pregnancy. According to my lmp I’m due one August 5th.  My older kids are (almost)6, 4, and 2. I have one boy and two girls so it’d be cool to have another boy to even out our family but I just have a feeling that this baby is a girl. I’ll be happy with whatever we get.

Congratulations to everyone on your new pregnancies!!
  • Hi, I'm Jennie.  I am 37 and my boyfriend is 38.  We are both engineers.  We just did our first round of IVF, we had 12 eggs, 6 that fertilized normally, but none that made it to blast on day 5.  We took the best looking egg and transferred it, however, we had none that was good enough to freeze.  Against odds, we have a confirmed pregnancy but my estrogen and progesterone numbers are low.  I am now on medication for both and there is a high risk for a loss.  I have another HCG test on Monday.  My due date is currently August 16th.

I was married previously and had infertility issues.  I had two miscarriages, and two healthy pregnancy that resulted in a daughter (8) and twin boys (6).  I was active on infertility boards and birth month boards for my kids.  I had my tubes tied after the birth of my twins.

Move forward several years, I am divorced and with a long term boyfriend who has never had children of his own.  Due to my age and fertility issues, we knew we had limited time to have a child.  We spoke to the RE who recommended we avoid tube reversal and go straight to IVF quickly.  So, we took our savings and applied it to IVF instead of our wedding.  

So here I am, hoping to get to know you ladies over the next 9 months!
    Jennie
  • Hi everyone! Super nervous and excited to be posting here!

DH and I have been married for just over 2 years and found out this morning that we are expecting our second itty bitty August 22nd (eeeek!)

We'll both be 38 when this little arrives and I was diagnosed with diabetes about a year and a half ago so they're keeping a pretty close eye on me early on in the pregnancy.

We have one sweet DS together (15 months), my awesome DSS (12 years) and the most cuddly puggle.

I'm so excited to get to know everyone better!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi, there! My name is Bridget and I'm new to TB. DH and I have been trying for baby #1 for about a year and unfortunately have had a BO and two other early losses. My doc put me on progesterone and baby aspirin, and it seems to have done the trick, as we have now made it further than ever before! EDD is Aug 9. Just two more weeks til our ultrasound and I cannot wait. DH - 30. Me - 29. Glad to be here for now and hoping to stick with you all through August!