June 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o Nov 27

12346»

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o Nov 27

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Hey, I think it’s totally a big deal! I can’t wait to hear...and I hope you end up with some good pictures! Have you decided what to wear?
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 it's a HUGE deal! Good luck! We'll be waiting:)
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I’m so excited for you!! It is definitely a big deal and I hope it is perfect! 

Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 it definitely makes it more real once you know the sex!  

I made the mistake of logging in to see how my genetic testing was coming along and I saw it’s complete but now I have to wait until Monday to call my OB!!!!
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 ~ It will definitely feel more real once you know. It’s a huge deal. Let yourself feel the emotions and enjoy it, girl! 
  • Options
    Annnnd I'm over here. Just waiting on @doxiemoxie212 to tell us how it goes! You are still doing morning right? Or did I miss a change?

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    Also I think some folks were curious about false sex results with NIPT. In addition to the v v v rare things @Miz_Liz mentioned, friend who is a genetic counselor at one of the companies says: “for women who have not previously had a male child, a male result is definitely male whereas a female result has some chance of being false. For a woman who has previously had a male child, a false male result is possible but still much lower than false female result.” 

But again, like a 1% chance of being wrong. 

Weird!
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 thank you for checking on that! I had that all wrong, so I guess my little man is probably for real then! 
  • Options
    So I forgot that crocheting and knitting are two different things, so I've been trying to find directions on how to knit a mini Christmas stocking, because my mum was supposed to make one but is kind of being weird about it ("I can make it out of jean", "I can make it out of a wool sock", "I can add mistletoe and candy canes and blah to it"... I just want a cute little yarn stocking?)

I found a video for knitting, and was working on that all day yesterday and didn't get very far, and then restarted 3 times, and finally got the hang of it last night and got quite a few rows done.
    And then it hit me that crocheting is different, so I searched for crocheting directions, and I've gotten so much more done in 5 minutes than I did in an hour trying to knit.

Also, I've learned that I can probably make a mean pot holder if I really tried, but I'm not sure I have the patience for big things like blankets and stuff.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023