June 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o Nov 27

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o Nov 27

• Options
    @krashke July is a hot mess

Also, I'm so jealous of your tree! We fly to California on the 14th, so there's no point in us getting a tree here. DH is outraged that some people have theoretically gotten trees already; "It's not even December yet!!" But he's Jewish, so he doesn't understand. He got his first tree (as a surprise for me) only four years ago, so what does he know. 

I love that they're all out on the sidewalks for sale in the city, though. Smells so good!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 you could get a little table top fake tree to just make things festive! We have typically waited longer in the past but it was nice out and we went to cut down our own. We usually leave it up until a week or two into January with no problems so I think it will be fine lasting until Christmas. 

We have a fake tree from when we lived in an apartment so we have the big real tree in the living room that I am taking over and decorating with a theme and all matching and then the fake tree in the family room with all the random ornaments. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @krashke I’ve always wanted to cut my own tree down! So jealous!!!
  • Options
    @krashke we cut down our own tree the day after thanksgiving! We go with my in laws and it’s become tradition! My house smells so good! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @BurlapandLace your friendsgiving sounds fantastic and exhausting! I love your announcement and your mantel is gorgeous! 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    Man I really need to start stalking July!
  • Options
    @BurlapandLace serious mantel envy over here.

July is crazy. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    +1 to July is cray cray

and totally jealous of ya'll and your real Christmas Trees.  I'm allergic to Pine Trees :( 

@BurlapandLace Love your announcement!! <3
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can see the appeal of FB. The mobile interface on this site is absolute garbage. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 amen!!  If you ever see me asking for money my account has been hacked so report that right away!!

@ramblebee the interface may be horrible but right now we’re all still total strangers. Just look at how many people have intro’ed or added themselves to the spreadsheet and never posted again.  I am all set with joining FB with 500 strangers.
  • Options
    No dont get me wrong, I dont think its a good idea. I just see the appeal.
  • Options
    @ramblebee haha okay I will remove you from my mental list of “crazy ones”.  JK, I do agree that the app is really frustrating at times though.
  • Options
    @ramblebee pro tip: login to the bump via your web browser on your phone instead of the app ;) 
  • Options
    Lol ehh maybe keep me on the list. I do like how July is a bit of a free-for-all. Here im afraid to start a thread in case I make a mistake and get in trouble!
  • Options
    @ramblebee I think as a general rule here when you go to post just ask yourself if it would be a good fit for one of the existing threads (randoms, questions, symptoms, etc.) and if not if it’s something everyone can benefit from (vs a specific question that only applies to you and should go on the questions thread).  I feel like everyone here is pretty understanding and politely redirects one offs when necessary - obviously the more effort you put in the more you will get out :).  
  • Options
    @ramblebee here's a way to know if you should start a new thread:

1) Is there a thread for this already? (IE, did someone just ask about maternity clothes and you're about to ask again?)
    2) Is this a question specifically for you or is it something the entire BMB can both ask for and receive support on? (IE, are you asking where you specifically should get maternity clothes in specific small town, or are you asking for everyone to share their questions/finds regarding maternity clothes?)
    3) Is this a symptom, question or complaint that nearly every single pregnant person ever has had to deal with? If so, probably just put it in symptoms, questions, randoms or one of the check-ins.

Finally, I really think everyone should feel more empowered to start threads. That's one of the main ways to feel like an established member of the community. I've noticed that it's really the same 5 or so people starting threads every week. We have a whole list of ideas for threads in the organization section. Don't see a thread started that you'd like to participate in? Start it! Save someone else the trouble! 
  • Options
    @krashke I am so jealous of your double trees.  I would love a matching tree- my husband loves the mismatched look and our fake tree.  I would love to have a pretty tree.   Maybe when we get a bigger house I can justify more than 1 tree.

@BurlapandLace also jealous of your mantel and (matching) stockings. 

I have also been MIA over the long weekend.  Had a great weekend with DD (and DH on Thursday, but he works in retail so I haven't seen him much since).  I am missing her little face so much today at work.   We did get our lawn decorations up, but need to buy a few more since this is our first year in the house.  We also got the tree up, but it's only half decorated.  Need to finish and hang some garland and our stockings on the railing of our stairs.  Hopefully we will be able to finish decorating by the end of next weekend.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    @BurlapandLace that’s such a cute & fun way of telling everyone! I know what you mean though, we announced it on social media last week and reading through the “congrats” comments felt SO weird. I felt like they weren’t meant for me? I guess there’s a part of me that still can’t believe this is happening, so it just didn’t feel real to read those comments lol 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 yay!!  Ironic that your best check up was when most people have the most dental problems  :D  I agree with your PSA - super important to go when pregnant!
  • Options
    Do people really come on these things and ask people for money? This is the first board/group I've ever been a part of or looked at so I'm a little new to the whole thing...but really??? 
  • Options
    @amys614 I don’t think it’s insanely common, but I have heard a few horror stories.  It’s usually later after they have gotten people to think that they “know” them then they give some sob story in hopes of someone starting a collection for them.  We had some crazy on my last BMB asking if someone would throw a shower for her lol.  I can’t say that I am too surprised though because there are sickos that file false claims after major tragedies like 9/11, the Boston Marathon bombing...so I guess a bunch of hormonal pregnant strangers probably seem like easy targets.
  • Options
    @stephcat421 lol lol I scheduled my next cleaning for 3 days before my due date so we’ll see! I put it in my phone calendar with a bunch of reminders for two weeks ahead haha. 
  • Options
    @stephcat421 if you don’t want to bring the baby to your appointment see if your insurance covers two appointments per year (as opposed to one every six months). I was able to schedule an appointment pre-DS even though it was only five months after my earlier appointment. 
  • Options
    I too went to the dentist last week!  No cavities but need to do a better job brushing. Yeah, that will be easier when I don't puke every time a toothbrush touches my mouth...
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 dang you go girl! But maybe it would be less hectic to get it out of the way prior to baby coming. My concern is they are inducing me at 39 weeks so I'd hate to have to move appt. As it stands they offered first available 6 months out! If I missed the appt I'd likely be on the wait list which is fair less accommodating! 
  • Options
    @marcus7676 I'll have to look into that. Though the thought of going anywhere at 8+ months pregnant makes me nervous or maybe embarrasses me? I don't want to be the spectacle, sorry sounds so bad!
  • Options
    @stephcat421 given my state at 4-6 weeks postpartum, going to the dentist at 8 months pregnant is highly preferable to me! I was such a mess from delivery / hormones that I was not fit to be in public.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I've been absent since doing my intro. My morning sickness almost sent me to the hospital when I lost over 10 lbs in 2 weeks. DH had to have an ankle reconstruction surgery, and we moved. 

EDIT: Omg it just deleted half my effing post.
    Grayson Matthew Due 11/4/16
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @kittiesandcoffee oh no!  I hope you are doing better now!  As for deleting half of your post did you use an emoji?  Apparently emojis = death to your post on TB.
  • Options
    DH just left to get me some McDonald’s because we haven’t had dinner (kids did) and I feel nauseous from not eating.  I tell him what I want and ask him to get me a chocolate shake.  This is the conversation that followed:

DH:  And what do you want if the shake machine is down?

Me:  A chocolate shake!

I am going to cry if he jinxed it.  Do.not.mess.with.my.food!!