June 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms | Week of 11/6

Re: Symptoms | Week of 11/6

• Options
    @dinodna3 Right there with ya. i'm making DH get the box out of the attic tonight.  I really just want my fleece lined maternity leggings haha
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Doctor gave me diclegis for nausea. Said it'll also make a bit tired(but not as tired as promethazine). 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh mylanta, I have an entire bottle of promethazine from my MC that I completely forgot I had. Why have I not taken any of it at night time? *insert the biggest doh here*
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @bkrahn Yes, this gag relfex thing is terrible. I can sometimes get away with brushing my teeth as long as I don't use any toothpaste, but I often end up dry-heaving over the toilet. Pregnancy #1, it didn't stop until around week 20. :(
  • Options
    Ditto on the gag reflexes. Even with medicine and being able to eat a little more, I gag when I open the fridge, garbage can, brush the teeth, open a can of cat food (omg it's the worst. I just open it and toss it on the floor and let him eat out of it bc I.CAN.NOT)
  • Options
    @mimzgoy - I'm freezing all of the time too. I feel like I can never get warm! 
  • Options
    Oh and the freezing! I'm bundled up all day shivering in bed and then have sudden hot flashes around 2 and 4am where I can't stand anything touching me.
  • Options
    @missylaneous419 you will probably need to drive to Chicago but the Impossible Burger might be worth it!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @bkrahn Brushing teeth is the worst. I haven't actually barfed yet, but I gag so hard that I brush my teeth standing over the toilet, just in case.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @diadem_l is there a place you know of in Chicago? I'm always up for an adventure....when I am not nauseous as hell...

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I want rolls so bad. Thank God thanksgiving is coming up soon!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the support and ideas re: my crazy insomnia.  I felt like total crud all day.  Last night was the straw that broke this hormonal camel's back.  I'm glad I'm not alone but sorry you're all not sleeping well either.  I'll look into the magnesium.  Honestly, I may just take the unisom or benadryl because it doesn't seem to make a difference in how bad I sleep when I don't take it now.  

+1 on the gagging with brushing teeth, garbage can, fridge, etc...
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @sabby2 have you tried taking MORE unisom? A low dose may have a different effect than a high dose, and the dose for morning sickness is low specifically to reduce the drowsiness effect. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 nah just 25mg.  I tried cutting it in half at first but didn't feel like that did much for the nausea.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sabby2 I read somewhere that it takes the unisom B6 regiman a few days to kick in - - so maybe try the lower dose for a few days to see if that helps?

• Options
    @sabby2 glad you were able to sleep. If you struggle moving forward I would try 50mg since I believe that’s the typical dose if using specifically for sleep. 
  • Options
    Hmm, my bottle only says 1 tab.  I'll definitely check into it.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My skin is breaking out the worst it ever has (in my entire life). I have serious bloating (I am guessing it's worse because of the Progesterone supplements). I seem to alternate between constipation and diarrhea (so lovely). Definitely still peeing super frequently, although not as bad as it was two weeks ago. Breasts mildly sore, and for sure emotional (crying more easily). 

I did unfortunately have another bleeding scare (my second in 4 weeks). After a bowel movement in the morning I had some very light red bleeding that only lasted for a min or two. Immediately went in to see doc, but baby looked good/normal and had grown in the past week, plus heartbeat was up to 156.

I think I might have a cold which accounts for just general crappiness feelings. Basically it feels like I've had my period for a month. But I did get my official due date, June 22nd! 
  • Options
    @snickerdoodlesandrainbows my cat is also obsessed 
  • Options
    @cheerfuld8 Did you confirm that the bleeding was vaginal? Is it possible you have hemorrhoids? I had a lot of post-poop bleeding from hemorrhoids during my last pregnancy, and it ALWAYS freaked me out, even though I knew what it was. It was always pretty easy to confirm where the bleeding was coming from, though. Just something to look into if it happens again, if you haven't already!
    Son Max born 1/10/17
  • Options
    I definitely have some baby bump, it's not all bloat any more. I'm 10w and STM so I heard we show earlier..trying to find work clothes to hide this is so hard!!! I'm nervous to reveal to my boss as I was hired to cover two other maternity leaves and I've only been working there since June. 
  • Options
    I'm really struggling today. This is definitely tmi but it hurts so bad to go to the bathroom, I can't stand it. Like pass out from the pain bad. I left a message for my Dr but she hasn't gotten back to me. Now the pain is constant and mixed with my nausea, I just feel terrible. Like I don't think I've ever felt like this before. Also I leave for work in 30 minutes. Just casually throwing a pity party over here I know, but is anyone else having this problem? 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @Amphibious22 yes. My dr okayed colace so I have been taking one a day and it's made a huge difference. 
  • Options
    I’m dragging today. So tired. I took a nap with the baby earlier but it wasn’t enough. Another day where nausea turned into actual barfing. Yeehaw. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Amphibious22 have you tried glycerin suppositories to get some relief? 
  • Options
    @katie121209 I'm starting to feel like the baby bump is creeping in on me too. I'm 11+1 based on my ultrasound. I also have noticed that it's becoming more sensitive when I lay on my stomach.. like there's something in the way
  • Options
    @bkrahn sleeping on my stomach has gotten more uncomfortable over last couple days too! It's definitely feeling like my body telling me not to!
  • Options
    @cheerfuld8 I've had several incidents of spotting immediately after a bowel movement this pregnancy. (As well as once when pregnant with DS.)  It's normal. Cervical irritation.

• Options
    My nausea this week seems to have mostly disappeared to the point that I'm starting to get worried.  It's been noticable but not to the point of throwing up the past 2 weeks and then as of Tuesday I feel like it's mostly gone.   I am still tired and boobs are still a bit sore but less so.  Lack of appetite I had pre-nausea seems to have returned. 

Next Dr appointment is Thursday so I will have them check me out, I just don't "feel" pregnant the past few days, is that normal?  I had my first US a week ago and everything was good, am currently 8 weeks... Heard heartbeat at 140 but know that doesn't necessarily mean much at this point
  • Options
    @amandag1105 Totally normal for symptoms to come and go. Try not to read too much into them! Easier said than done, I know. For the record, I felt decent during most of my first trimester last time (when you’re supposed to feel the worst), and it all turned out fine!
    Son Max born 1/10/17
  • Options
    @katie121209 my Dr just prescribed that for me as well. It's nice to know that it helps. I definitely need some relief! 
    @doxiemoxie212 I have not, but my Dr told me to also take miralax with juice which should hopefully help too. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @amandag1105 I am 8+3 have not had any nausea or morning sickness at all, only sore boobs. Aside from bloating I haven't really had any symptoms but another FTM told me she didn't even feel pregnant until 17 wks so I think it can be different for everyone. 
  • Options
    @bkrahn and @stephcat421-STM 10w5d and can really start to feel the bump just above my pubic bone (besides the bloat and leftover from DD :#) but I just don’t remember my lower abdomen/bump being so sore and tender this early the first time! If I barely bump into it or like you said lay on my stomach it is so sensitive. I remember sleeping on my stomach until about 18w with DD- what the heck?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm taking Zantac twice a day and it hasn't exactly solved my ongoing severe heartburn issue.  My only reprieve is really just when I first wake up, before I start drinking water.  I am going to check with the doctor on Monday to see if there is anything else I can do.

I went to the state library conference this weekend and ran into a friend I haven't seen in months.  The first thing she did was look at my belly and congratulate me.  So I guess I'm starting to show - to be expected with baby #3.
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    New symptom showed up today. Swollen puffy gums on the bottom. Same feeling as if I had been bad and not flossed like I should and then finally did.

Read this is normal, but really. Every day is something new around here
  • Options
    @cheerfuld8 I've had several incidents of spotting immediately after a bowel movement this pregnancy. (As well as once when pregnant with DS.)  It's normal. Cervical irritation.

Thanks for writing this. Just came on here to get some reassurance. 

TW
    just had some light blood after a bowel movement and I’m freaking out that I’m miscarrying again. Thankfully I’m not cramping but still scared. I have an ultrasound on Monday :( the worst thing is I’m home alone tonight and can’t even tell DH till tomorrow morning when we are at a high school conference :# my kids are at their grandparents and apparently already spilled the beans that we’re pregnant. 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    @amys614 - My gums always get sensitive with pregnancy and bleed when I floss.  The dental hygienist told me its very common.  When not pregnant I have good teeth/gums.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018