June 2018 Moms

Symptoms | Week of 11/6

Re: Symptoms | Week of 11/6

• @bearmoons I have a puke bucket at home, since I pee myself everytime I puke. If you're concerned about work, you could always wear a pantyliner. (haha - Always. I'm so punny.)
  • @chartermama Word! I want all the grease, as well as all the drippy, melty cheese. I had a Philly cheesesteak a few nights ago and a Philly cheesesteak pizza the night after. Man, that sounds delicious right about now and it's not even close to lunch time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I want McDonald’s sooooo bad now 
  • all the McD's and greasy food craving sound so disgusting! :s
  • This probably is more of a Monday BF, but i'm so annoyed - my Diclegis would cost me $100 for 60 pills.  WTF insurance.  It wasn't this much last time.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so cold all the time.  To the point that I'm wearing multiple layers, under a blanket, with a scarf, holding hot tea, with a hat on -- and my H is so hot he's in a T-shirt.  Is cold during pregnancy normal?
    I'm experiencing the exact same thing.  It's mainly my feet which I've been wrapping in a heated blanket.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nausea is still here. Headaches started back again yesterday so I'm upping my fluids to see if that helps.  And the frequent bathroom stops during the night is a joke. I can't recall having to go to the bathroom 4-5 times a night this early on in pregnancy with my first.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • McDonalds nuggets and fries....YES please!!  DH and I had them yesterday for lunch.  And now, after reading this I want them again today.  :P  

SO tired!  And not like an all day tired, like it comes in waves.  Like in church on Sunday, we were standing and all of the sudden I got SO tired I had to sit down and felt like I could fall asleep at that moment.  Nauseous if I don't have something small in my stomach at all times but never really craving anything (except McDonalds) and never know what I want to eat.  The crazy weird dreams have stopped for me.  VERY short of breath at times. 
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 yes!!  Nuggets and Fries are life right now <3 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • diadem_ldiadem_l member
    edited November 2017
    One of my worst symptoms is my increased heart rate. I used to use a standing desk at work, and now I can barely stand still in line at a store without feeling like I need to sit down. Moving is fine, it's standing still that's the worst. And sometimes with this heart rate, I get really out of breath and so tired.

Morning sickness been more like off and on nausea. I don't feel great but I have a feeling most other pregnant women get it much worse! I can't really drink water though. Water makes me feel so bad :( I'm going to have to start buying orange juice or something.

As far as McDonalds/fast food cravings: for all the vegetarians out there, see if your city has the IMPOSSIBLE BURGER. I had one last week and I WANT TO EAT THEM ALL THE TIME. They are basically veggie burgers that taste just like cheap real burgers. so gooooodddd

In spolier box: rant about alcohol while not telling friends
    This week, I've been on vacation (we planned it before getting KU!) to New Orleans. It's been really, really great, except for the day we hung out with friends and I swear, we got drinks about 10 times! I am not ready to tell friends so I had to ask a lot of bartenders to make me a club soda with enough lime juice that it looked like a cocktail, which really worked but overall I was just super annoyed at all the drinking! It made me feel like I was hiding something and not being normal. Last night DH and I went out for a fancy meal and I was able to order a mocktail, so that was nice. I am loving New Orleans, though!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have lots of pressure all of a sudden- and can't go near meat without gagging! UGH Today is not a feel good day at all
  • I am so freakin nauseous. And the only thing I can keep down? 
    Wendys Junior Bacon Cheeseburger. 
    Yup, doesn’t make sense to me either. 
    I was fantasizing about that JBC this morning, and when I finally got to Wendy’s, I kid you not I was so happy I cried. I cried with happiness over a cheeseburger in a fast food line. 

But I introduced myself to the cashier, I’ll be there enough might as well get to know the employees. 

Here’s to babies that stick and burgers that bring world peace. 

• The only things I'm going through are cold all the time and starving when I first wake up.  I do find myself getting out of breath easily,  but I'll take that over MS any day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that MS stays away!

I did quit coffee yesterday, so far so good.  I thought it would be much more challenging. 
  • It's really hard for me to figure out what I can eat. It's impossible to grocery shop/meal plan, because I never know what I'll be able to handle on any given day. We have been eating some seriously weird meals lately. 

A Wendy's JBC does sound AMAZING right now. I'm a vegetarian for most of my life, but during my last pregnancy, I had to eat meat, because it was the only thing that sounded plausible to consume. My first meat in almost a decade was a Kopp's butterburger...any other bumpers from WI who know just how delicious that is?!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • @diadem_l I’m heading to New Orleans on Friday! Any recommendations on where to check out?

We are going for a wedding but luckily all our friends that are going all ready know I’m pregnant. We found out we were expecting at a different friends wedding in Sept, DH literally told everyone there why I wasn’t drinking. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
  • Funny but sad. I was at the mall (buying maternity pants for my bloat) and my stomach became super distended with gas and I was in so much pain. An old lady went out of her way to hold the door open for me I think bc I looked super pregnant with how bloated I was lol and my waddling with the pain. 
  • @dinodna3 that's great! It is really fun here, even without drinking! the only non-fun thing is pretending to drink because it's all your friends want to do. they just wanted to show us a good time, so I can't really blame them. I'm not a huge drinker even without being pregnant, and it just gets old.

favorite places I've been include: parkway tavern for po'boys, and then a walk along the bayou. magazine street for fancy-ness (I got a great mocktail at Coquette and then also at our super-super fancy meal at la petit grocery). jazz brunch anywhere in the French Quarter if you're here on Sunday! go to see music on Frenchman street. if you're going to Bourbon street, have cash even if you're just going to get club soda because some places charge for it (insane). today we're going to the Backstreet Cultural Museum. Oh, if you're really nauseated and prone to motion sickness, I wouldn't recommend the St Charles Streetcar. 
  • @galactickates Good for you quitting coffee! I quit last week, but went back to half-caf this week because I was really dragging. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 - I'll take all the pats on the back possible for quitting cofee. I was a 2-3 cups of coffee a day drinker.  I knew I was going to have to cut down and stayed with the 1 cup a day after i got my BFP but I got a notification from an app saying the umbilical cord has probably formed and decided I needed to just stop completely. When I would go a day without coffee previously I would get really bad head aches but for some reason I was fine today and yesterday. It feels easier when you know you're protecting your LO.
  • Anyone else having horrible heartburn? I’m coming to think it’s heartburn making me throw up more than nausea. 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • @fantasticmrsfox yup! I've been getting heartburn/reflux every evening before bed. I had it so bad when I was pregnant with DD but it started MUCH later on
  • My body is so mean to me. It will make me crave something and I have to have it. Once I eat it, however, I will be super nauseous after. This is the second time in a row I’ve gone to the grocery store and had to abandon my efforts because I felt like if I stayed one more minute I was going to throw up and I almost did when I got to the car. Food is not my friend today. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Austenista that happened to me 2 weekends ago, that's when I had my first bout with nausea. I was grocery shopping and I first I thought it was just the deli food I passed by but it get worst with every aisle. I ended up leaving with 3 things.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • @bkrahn me too, nausea was always my main problem first tri, but this heartburn is making me want to die. Nothing’s helping it either. 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • I have been so extremely tired. I've been taking prenatals and iron supplements and I still can't function. I've been napping like crazy. This is my 5th pregnancy but will be my 4th child. I have never been this tired and I don't understand why. 

Also I'm going from completely full and can't eat anymore because I feel I'll pop to if I don't eat something right this second I will throw up.

Anyone else?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • stephcat421stephcat421 member
    edited November 2017
    @MoonOverGoldsboro just had one of Kopps enormous burgers last week. It was as good as you remember ;)
  • I hate you all (in a nice, joking way, of course). We live 45 minutes from town, so our options are very limited. We do have taco bell, thank goodness!
  • Freezing any time the a/c kicks in... I hate it- it’s in the 80’s here.
    And the constant nausea has not let up :/

also- any recommendations for a sore throat? Woke up in pain from it today.
  • @LoisLane007 Throat Coat tea. I prefer the original flavor to the lemon. 
  • @ffw0617 same. I bought two things for DS and a cool shopping bag that clips on the buggy. No food for me. I’ll try again tomorrow.  :/

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LoisLane007 I always find Chamomile tea to be especially soothing to a sore throat. And of course you can take tylenol if you need it. Also, even though ibuprophen is a no-no apparently if you take fish oil at higher doses it has an anti inflammatory effect similar to ibuprophen. Study on it here. So maybe you could try that also? I know the DHA in fish oil is supposed to be great for pregnancy.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I've been super exhausted to the point I feel like I am a zombie. I took off work yesterday because the thought of leaving at 6 am to drive made me cry. I couldn't even function. I still feel exhausted and slow. I've been doing the b6 and unisom for a few days--waiting for it to help out. I checked the scale today and see I lost a little over 4 pounds even though I've been surviving on carbs. I am back to work this morning and already want a nap. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • New one - little nose bleeds. I also feel stuffed up at night time but ok during the day.
  • After a really crummy feeling weekend (exhausted, headaches, sore nipples, worse nausea and throwing up), the last couple of days I've felt relatively normal. 

On one hand, it's great to feel like a human. On the other hand...my over active imagination has me wondering what's up. I know it's normal for symptoms to come and go so I'm trying to enjoy it while I can.
  • @cupcakeforme are you in a cooler climate area?  I know my skin/lips/nose everything has been very dry the last week since our lovely weather in MN has been getting colder and drier.  Maybe something to do with the increase in blood flow in our bodies too?  

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

• @PatientlyWaiting10 my skin has been so much drier the last couple weeks! Usually the weather doesn't start to affect it until February but my hands are already hurting and cracking! Idk if this winter is kicking it off with a bang or if it's pg related. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krashke Yeah, I washed my hands yesterday and they burned.  :(  I thought to myself, not already!!  I am not usually like this this early so I'm sure it's pregnancy related. 

All are welcome!

• I'm 9 weeks and for the first time in 2 weeks, I stood at the stove and cooked something. I made 2 eggs. Trying to eat protein when I can stomach it since the past 2 weeks have been nothing but carbs. I don't know if I have turned a corner, if it's just a good day or moment or if the unisom and b6 for the past week has continually eased things up, but the fact that I opened the fridge, had to smell what was in there and cook something raw feels like I accomplished something major here. However, I did do my typical gagging after waking up. Baby steps. Thankful for the gagging still, bc heaven forbid, we get rid of all symptoms, I will panic.
  • I gagged making my son a blueberry waffle this morning. I’m still trying to figure out why the smell was gross. I usually think they smell amazing. 

BabyFruit Ticker