March 2018 Moms

Name Thread 2.0

Re: Name Thread 2.0

• Ugh the name struggle. 

This is our 3rd and a boy after two girls. DH nixed everything I threw out except Jensen. He said he doesn't "hate it". Middle name is already set as Walker as it's a family name.

Thoughts on Jensen? It's not popular or trendy which is a must for us.

We have a Calista Lillian and Maraleigh Celeste. 
  • @rsquaredr I LOVE the name Jensen!! It has been on my baby name list since I was like 13-years-old. I'm embarrassed to tell you why and don't want that to affect your choice!  :p

DH and I started talking about names a few weeks ago, but he wanted to hold off on that convo til we know for sure what we are having so we don't waste half of our time. My daughter's middle name is my middle name, my mom's middle name, and was my Granny's name, so I kind of feel obligated to use a name from my mother-in-law's side this time around. I'm looking at Ruth for a middle name for a girl (her middle name) or Allen for a middle name for a boy (MIL's brother's name who passed away). I've been focusing more on girl's names, but we'll know for sure what to discuss after my A/S Nov. 6.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH and I had names picked out before we were even married (2 boy names, 2 girl names). However, we've ended up swapping the girl middle names, and changed our 2nd boy middle name since then. We didn't alter our first boy name and that's what we named our son. He's partially named after DH's childhood friend who died in a car accident a few years ago. Our girl will be Emma, but we've decided to change the middle name again. So those have been some fun arguments. We have one we can kind of agree on (I love it, but DH wants to keep the old name). Maybe sometime in the next few months we'll find a compromise lol
  • stardustskiesstardustskies member
    edited October 2017
    Jenson Ackles = Dean on Supernatural  B) It's a great name! Lol

@rsquaredr @amylonghorn
  • @ShawnnaO I've never heard of Zoelle before... so beautiful! And likely to make for a lovely and striking monogram/initials. <3 
  • I've only heard of Jensen as a last name, so it sounds sort of trendy to me. Not my style.
  • @vflux33 glad I'm not the only one! haha we haven't definitely decided, but we have top choices for boy and girl (team green). We probably won't actually decide between our top choices until meeting baby, but I'm definitely monitoring here too!
  • vflux33vflux33 member
    edited October 2017
    @npkat I'm silly kinds of paranoid about internet stuff! I think part of it for me is the twins thing though--the pair of names together seems much more identifying than 1 name on its own, if that makes sense. Also both of their middle names are going to be my maiden name, which is uncommon and very identifying. I do like that other people are sharing though! It's fun to hear about all your choices. :) 
  • @gh515 Zoelle is inspired by a youtuber named Zoella.  :) my husband wanted to full on name her that but I thought it was a little too much and we agreed on just dropping the “a” 
  • @vflux33 totally understand that!
  • @sarahhedger7 Ah, you outted me!! You got the Jensen Ackles connection, but he was on Days of our Lives back in the day and that is why I had that name on my baby name list from middle school!!! I have watched Days since 5th grade or so - holy crap that's like 20 years! :o There's my embarassing story, @rsquaredr!
    I DVR Days everyday. My grandmother used to watch “her story” so I’ve been hooked since an inappropriately young age! Every time H makes fun of it I remind him this is nothing, Marlena was once possessed by the devil.
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • @sarahhedger7 Ah, you outted me!! You got the Jensen Ackles connection, but he was on Days of our Lives back in the day and that is why I had that name on my baby name list from middle school!!! I have watched Days since 5th grade or so - holy crap that's like 20 years! :o There's my embarassing story, @rsquaredr!
    I DVR Days everyday. My grandmother used to watch “her story” so I’ve been hooked since an inappropriately young age! Every time H makes fun of it I remind him this is nothing, Marlena was once possessed by the devil.
    OMG I used to watch Days and remember when Marlena was possessed!!!!! 
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• @vflux33 LOL yes ask a psychic!!!
  • @ShawnnaO thank you! And I love Luna!
    OMG I used to watch Days and remember when Marlena was possessed!!!!! 
    I’ve been watching Days since a college roommate turned me on to it.  I’ve been a faithful watcher every day for the past 15 years although I’m about a month behind.  
  • @antoto oh man, I wish you hadn't mentioned behindthename... I just went there and now I'm second guessing everything after reading people's comments on the names! This is exactly why we're not sharing any name choices, because we don't want to hear people's opinions on them, and now all of the sudden I'm concerned b/c some rando on the internet said one of my names sounds hillbillyish :neutral: I need to go back to not caring what people think, that will make this much easier!
  • @antoto oh man, I wish you hadn't mentioned behindthename... I just went there and now I'm second guessing everything after reading people's comments on the names! This is exactly why we're not sharing any name choices, because we don't want to hear people's opinions on them, and now all of the sudden I'm concerned b/c some rando on the internet said one of my names sounds hillbillyish :neutral: I need to go back to not caring what people think, that will make this much easier!
    Yeah I think it's a fine line to toe of knowing you will never please everyone, but if there is an overwhelming belief about a specific name then it's kind of mean to name your kid that.  I think on behindthename people thought the name Elise (what I'm naming my daughter) sounded like a not attractive person (or something like that) but I can safely ignore that I think.  But yeah if you want to name your kid Saylerr Starr or something then um... you should probably care what people think about that one.
  • @antoto damn it now Saylerr Starr is off the table too?!?!?! Back to the drawing board...
  • @vflux33 I hate boy names used for girl names lol.  It's one of my name pet peeves.  Feminist reasons.
  • antoto said:
    @vflux33 I hate boy names used for girl names lol.  It's one of my name pet peeves.  Feminist reasons.
    That's totally fair, but I guarantee you most of the people I saw commenting were NOT doing so for feminist reasons. Most of the comments were pretty cruel and came off as sexist.  
  • I never watched days of our lives or any soap! My FFFC a day early. I also didn't watch Supernatural. 

We don't share our names before birth either just initials for monogramming.
  • JBcakes08JBcakes08 member
    edited October 2017
    @heatherdubrow one of my all time favorite girl names is Rose! I'm so jealous of everyone that uses it. My (married) last name starts with "Bush" so it's a no-go for me which is devastating. Love your choice!

@ShawnnaO I LOVE Luna! So pretty. 

@vflux33 I'm 100% doing the same thing! Also like @npkat lurking other BMB's to see if my name choice pops up. I also go to the baby names board and just type the name in and search so I can see every time it's been mentioned and read the comments. I've also seen many people on the name threads say they were lurking looking for name ideas, and I'd rather not lol. Even though I think our name isn't everyone's cup of tea.

@stlbuckeye132 we've only told a few people IRL the name, but haven't gotten great responses. My mom, who is normally very non-judgemental and supportive, was pretty clear about not liking it and was suggesting alternatives. I told her she has a few months to get used to it before the baby is here! My husband and I love it (he actually came up with it which is shocking because he was so 'meh' about all the names I suggested) so that's all that matters. I know it's hard, I don't like when I see negative things about the name and I can already picture other people's reactions when we start telling them (i.e. my grandmas)

I'd also like to suggest Nameberry.com for those looking! It gives a lot of good info about any name you can think of. Checking the SSA site from last year is awesome too, I saw that mentioned above. You can enter a name and see how popular (or unpopular) it's gotten over the years, and how many babies were born with the name last year. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • Haha I kind of wish I hadn't just read comments on behind the name, evidently my child will have a name that multiple people feel is perfect for a cat. Or just terrible. The fact is I get to pick a lot of things, and I willingly gave this choice to my Buddy, who I never even knew had a whole set of emotions about having a son, I don't even think he knew or would have known if we were having a girl, which we both thought we were. I have reservations, and I don't look forward to people asking me where Juliet is, But he is totally Romeo to me too now, and I love it because it's his name.
  • Haha I kind of wish I hadn't just read comments on behind the name, evidently my child will have a name that multiple people feel is perfect for a cat. Or just terrible. The fact is I get to pick a lot of things, and I willingly gave this choice to my Buddy, who I never even knew had a whole set of emotions about having a son, I don't even think he knew or would have known if we were having a girl, which we both thought we were. I have reservations, and I don't look forward to people asking me where Juliet is, But he is totally Romeo to me too now, and I love it because it's his name.
    I totally don't think of Romeo as a cat!
    My dogs name is Romeo - sorry! But i love the name and you should still totally use it  <3 We actually considered Juliet for a girl specifically for this reason .... but ultimately decided it was a little too much
  • npkat said:
    We confirmed today at anatomy scan that baby is a boy! His name will be Kade Matthew. 
    I have a Kade Logan and love it! We've never met another kade
  • @ksmwalters I love Julian! It was one of the top picks on my boy list. 
  • @orbmaker thanks! It’s my dad’s name, and I’ve always loved it. We’re not set on it yet but it’s defintely #1 on my list. 
  • @runnergirl2015 that's awesome! I know one other Kade that is older, but that is it. We love the name because I feel it's simple but also masculine and it's fitting for a little boy and adult man.