May 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms 10/16-10/22

Re: Randoms 10/16-10/22

• Options
    I'm having the same problem. I can bump on my work computer, but not on my phone, even if I use my browser. I'm getting mad!!!!
  • Options
    @charlestonchew I could could totally see having a conversation like that - here's what we want for you and here's what we can afford, but I still think ultimately it should be the kids choice.
    I agree. My mom didn't force anything on me. I dont think parents could force anything on an 18 year old since they could just leave.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Question- I need to find a coat this time around for our NYC trip.  I am from SoCal, so I have no reference of "real" winter.

Which one of these jackets will be warmer/dryer?

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=50200&pcid=50200&vid=1&pid=808676002

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=50200&pcid=50200&vid=1&pid=808650002

• Options
    @silverhope we are going in December. 
  • Options
    sandbar517sandbar517 member
    edited October 2017
    @mileswithmyles I'm with silverhope.  Definitely the second one with the hood.  While our winters have been warmer "than normal" they can still be pretty cold.  Nothing like the midwest, of course, but still bad.  I would get some good waterproof boots and a down/wool coat if you can.  Or the second coat with layers.  Maybe something like this?
    https://www.amazon.com/Orolay-Womens-Thickened-Jacket-Green/dp/B00HHOXREI/ref=sr_1_5_mc?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1508517554&sr=1-5&keywords=maternity+coat
    ETA That came up when I searched for maternity coat, but I can't find anywhere in the description that specifically says it's maternity.  And the model definitely doesn't look pregnant.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @sandbar517 that one is nice. I’m trying not to spend a ton of money, mostly because I really only need it for that week,  and with the sale ON is having, I can get it for $35. 
  • Options
    If you are not used to winter, I would get something warmer than that.... just based on my SIL who grew up in South Carolina wearing like arctic looking full body parkas when she visits us. And that's when it's like 45 degrees, lol I don't think she would go outside when its actually cold. Though compared to MN I'm not sure NYC ever gets actually cold....
  • Options
    @theletlers so sorry about the vomit, but I am so glad you are getting the meds you need covered! Hoping it helps! 
  • Options
    I had my OB appointment yesterday at 11+6. She didn't recommend a NT scan or a NIPT. I wonder if I should've pushed for the NT scan? Anyone else didn't do the first trimester scans?
    My TTC journey:
    Me and DH: 30-35
    Unexplained infertility
    TTC #1 since 2015
    11/2015 - BFP!     12/2015 - MC  :'(
    IVF #1 July 2017 freeze all (20 eggs, 15 mature, 10 fert, 6 blasts, 4 PGS normal)
    FET #1 TBD  Surprise BFP 9/2017 while waiting for FET... hoping for the best!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @helloworld9 I would just call/message if you are interested, there is still time.
  • Options
    @justsuzie I CD my kids.  I use a combination of pockets and flats with covers.  My flats are just floursack towels from target or walmart, super cheap.  When he was little I used snappis to hold them on, but now I can just fold them into a pad and pop them in the cover.  Pockets are also easy and friendly for people who aren't sure about CDing but I hate stuffing them.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    @tincupchalice I am getting a doula for birth and transitioning (as suggested by my therapist because she considers me a delicate flower).  I am hoping the doula will have a lot of insight on CD.
  • Options
    @helloworld9 check out the thread about testing! Lots of different opinions in there and information

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    ivyvines6ivyvines6 member
    edited October 2017
    @beckles112 my SO thought they were gross too until we started using them. Now he only gets mad if I'm not diligent about removing the wet bags from the nursery or bathroom because they start to smell after a day or so. We wash ours twice a week, but it's recommended to wash them every two or three days. If I end up with two in cloth that will definitely be a possibility. Right now he doesn't go through enough diapers to justifying tying up the washing machine for so long.
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, I would love a thread about cloth diapering!  Im planning on doing it with this one.  My husband thinks it's disgusting, but he's lame so whatever.    Haha!
    Mine thought it was gross but then he did the math on the $$$.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    @ivyvines6, @justsuzie, and anyone else who does cloth diapers, what is your reason for doing it? I get the reasoning that the plastic ones irritate the baby's skin but are there other reasons?
  • Options
    @Pearlvirus I don't think it's too early to start talking about college for these babies. Better to have a plan and start early. I opened a bank account for my son within 3 mo after birth. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't cloth diaper but I do use re-usable swim diapers and highly recommend. We swim 4-5 times a week in the summer and swim diapers are super expensive so when I found out about reusables (about $10 for 1) I was ecstatic. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Kids are refusing naps and I just went into check on them. Yup, DD was pulling out dresser drawers and climbing it.
    DH needs to get home with my Chinese so I can go into a food coma.
  • Options
    @jenbabymama Saves $$$.  This will be our third kid with the same set of diapers.
    November Siggy Challenge