April 2018 Moms

Questions week of 10/9

13»

Re: Questions week of 10/9

• @Kaessi Yes, definitely a quick read. I think I read the whole book in one afternoon...
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @hedgepig - You still doing okay with wildfires?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Is anyone else already super uncomfortable? I'm like two minutes into second tri and already in nearly as much pain as I was at the end of my pregnancy with DS. My back hurts, my sciatic is killing me, and my abdominal muscles are sore. Anyone else already feeling huge and uncomfortable?
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks @g_amoss - we're doing fine, but it sounds like my sister's going to be evacuated. Hoping for rain...
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @lindsye FX your results come in quickly.  I know it is agony waiting.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @lindsye hugs lady. Absolutely do whatever you need and we'll be here for you when you get the good news that your baby is perfectly healthy :) In the meantime I'll be sending all the good vibes your way!
  • @lindsye I hope your results come in quickly and everything comes back perfectly ok! Its so hard to wait for the results hang in there.
  • @kaymaroo I am feeling very large already. Like I got stuck in the tub taking a bath with my toddler lol. Just feels like my balance is so off already. As far as hip and back pain thankfully that has been better. I'm not doing anything different so maybe yours will pass soon? I had terrible pains in the first trimester. Hang in there! Baths and Tylenol when  you can. I also read some people are seeing a chiropractor for their back pain and its helping them a lot.
  • Bra suggestions anyone? Especially STMs. I'm a 32 DDD pre pregnancy and have already gained 1-maybe 2 cup sizes. Good bras are A, pricey, and B, not carried in any store ever so I can't go in and try things on. Would love to just buy a good nursing bra now, but S/M/L sizing doesn't work. I *think* i should be wearing a 34 F/G now but will likely get bigger. Any thoughts/suggestions?
  • @nmtay Playtex nursing bras that are at Kohl's seem to have a flexible bra sizes and I think they went into a lot of different sizes. I am pretty sure these will fit for me the rest of the pregnancy, lots of room to grow.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lindsye I'm thinking of you and I hope you get the results back asap to ease your mind! Hugs.  <3
  • Anyone's face breaking out in a rash after throwing up? I asked this question before but don't think anyone replied. Which is ok just didn't want people to think I was annoying asking again lol! Maybe its broken blood vessels? My face has these blotches ever since I violently hurled. I'll ask my Dr next week too.
  • @lesliegolem - Not me. I’m sorry you have it though  :/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lesliegolem I made my husband go to prompt care over red blotches after he got sick once. They literally laughed us out of there. They said it was broken blood vessels from the force of vomiting. It’s definitely terrifying though!
  • @g_amoss and @rmmorris thanks! Oh good that makes me feel so much better! I wasn't super concerned but the blotches are lasting way longer than they have before so then my imagination started to wonder. Didn't help when my mom just saw me and said "oh! What happened to your face?" Thanks Mom. Crazy this didn't happen in my last 2 pregnancies. 
  • @lindsye i really hope your results come soon. Take care of yourself. We're sending you lots of love and prayers. 
  • @lindsye I am thinking of you and hope your results come soon.  <3
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @frenchiekinplusone I feel fine and still have no sex drive! I feel like it's never coming back lol 
  • edited October 2017
    @zombiemom1318 me too, all my MS is gone and I'm still sitting here like WTF.  My BFF who had her first baby in July said she was uncontrollably horny her entire pregnancy and I'm just silently wanting to kill herrrr.  Our babymoon was NOT quite the honeymoon-style love fest I'd been picturing   *whines*

ETA missing words
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • lindsye said:
    @frenchiekinplusone @zombiemom1318 pregnancy sex is awkward enough anyway - I have actually had to call a time out multiple times because he's "squishing the baby" (I know, I know... but still). Then the fact that you have to do it all without the assistance of alcohol basically makes it an Olympic sport.

I hate all those pregnant women who have "never felt more beautiful" and want to have sex all the time. Nobody in my house got that lucky.
    Yes to all of this!! I have always been weirded out by having the kid literally an inch away from the action too.  Thinking that a penis is poking my kid in the forehead (even through the womb) is a turn off.  And then they start kicking and that REALLY puts me out of the mood.  Too many people in the bed.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • lindsye said:
    the fact that you have to do it all without the assistance of alcohol basically makes it an Olympic sport.

History (TW/loss/child):

7/2017 -- miscarriage at 6w
    5/2018 -- DS born 3 days after due date, 8lb 4oz
    9/2020 -- missed miscarriage at 9w / DNC
    3/2021 -- miscarriage at 8w
    7/2021 -- missed miscarriage at 8w / DNC
    9/2021 -- IVF cycle #1 (FET 1/25/22)

• @ngolimento It is something about the baby being right there ruins the whole mood!! Not cool not cool at all! 
  • @nmtay, I have almost the same measurements as you. I bought a few nursing bras at motherhood maternity (they were buy 3 get one free and all less than $30 each).  They had an impressive range of sizes.
  • lindsye said:
    *SNIP* Then the fact that you have to do it all without the assistance of alcohol basically makes it an Olympic sport.

ROFL I love you.

One of the best things I heard while TTC:
    "..... how the hell are you going to have sober, married sex?????"
  • @lindsye lol, nailed it 
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18