April 2018 Moms
Options

Questions week of 10/9

Re: Questions week of 10/9

• Options
    I think I had to wait about 5 business days, @JJMNO1616, but I would think the opposite were true - no news is generally good news.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JJMNO1616 said:
    How long did it take for you ladies to receive your NIPT results? I know they told me up to 10 days but I'm wondering if anyone actually had to wait that long? The wait is killing me and I have this irrational fear that the longer it takes the more likely it is bad news. 
    Mine took about a week, and to top it off, I had to chase the only lady who could deliver the results to me all over the state via phone.

I know the wait is nerve-wracking, but I would assume a longer wait is more indicative of good news.  It means your results are considered "low priority", which is obnoxious, but good.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 ugh the wait is so terrible! It was only 5 business days for me this time, but with my last pregnancy it was the full 10 -- which equaled exactly two weeks in real time. It was awful. 
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 I had to wait at least 10 days, it might've even been closer to 2 weeks. Don't fret! 
  • Options
    @Dumbgurl04 thank you! I appreciate the advice. I'm so nervous about it. I get super nauseous when I go without eating when not pregnant so I knoe this will be torture. 

@JJMNO1616 it took 10 days for me to get my results back. 
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616   My nipt took 6 business days. Just got the results on Monday. I was really stressing about it too. Worried maybe they didn't get enough fetal DNA or something. But all was good. I was told it could take 10 days too. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @JJMNO1616 I waited 6 days for mine...hoping yours are here lickety split!
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616
    So happy for you!

• Options
    JJMNO1616 said:
    @stalkinghorse @mcb2016 @MrsF1017 @kmalls @lund @ngolimento @lindsye
    Thanks so much ladies! As luck would have it the office called me just now and the results came back completely normal!!!!! Such a relief! Now just have to go pick up the results for sex. So excited!
    Omg yay!!! Glad everything is looking good :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616YAYAYAYAY!! congrats lady, that's a huge weight off your shoulders for sure! 
  • Options
    JJMNO1616 said:
    @stalkinghorse @mcb2016 @MrsF1017 @kmalls @lund @ngolimento @lindsye
    Thanks so much ladies! As luck would have it the office called me just now and the results came back completely normal!!!!! Such a relief! Now just have to go pick up the results for sex. So excited!
    Yeah I'm gonna need to know those results immediately :D
  • Options
    @peppersmith22 I think its mean and I would ask them to not read it or to do something separate/special with my kid. Not cool imo.

DS: EDD, December 19th, 2014. Born, December 19th, 2014!
    DD: EDD, July 18th, 2016. Born, July 19th, 2016!
    CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3: EDD, April 16th, 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ladythrice Thank you for your response! I was worried I was overreacting
  • Options
    So I had a (very) high normal reading at my NT scan today - at its highest, 2.9mm and probably an average of 2.5. My doctor said anything under 3 is considered normal, but it's something to watch. (I also did an NIPT and other bloodwork to go with the NT scan, so I should know much more fairly soon).

I am 11 weeks 4 days based on initial dating ultrasound and positive ovulation test/charting, but today I measured 12 weeks 4 days, a full week ahead. My doctor wanted to change my due date but I am fairly certain of dates so I wanted to hold off.

Anyway, I have had NT scans with all three previous babies and they have been very normal, so this is new to me. Anyone else have an upper "normal" NT scan? I'm trying my best to remain calm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @lindsye I have a friend who's little boy had a higher measurement like yours and he's expected to be completely fine (he's still cooking). Once you have your NIPT you'll have a lot more information. I've heard that little boys tend to have higher measurements, so that might an explanation! 
  • Options
    @lindsye I hope the NIPT and blood results are reassuring for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have a bit of a pregnancy related dilemma that I would love some opinions on:

I recently saw a job opening in my company that I have a really high chance of getting.  I applied for it a year ago, and the hiring manager went out of her way to tell me that I killed the interview and they almost hired me, but had to take someone with more experience.  The pay increase alone would go a long way towards allieviating our current financial stress.

BUT the training is about 6 months long.  That would mean I would be peacing out for maternity leave at an awkward time, and probably need additional training when I came back.  This makes me feel extremely guilty.  I can totally hide my pregnancy as the interview process is over the phone.  Thoughts?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 Last time it took me right at 7 business days to get them back. Hoping for the same again - or sooner!
  • Options
    @ngolimento I completely agree with @stalkinghorse you should definitely go for it! I know so many women who have started new jobs or taken promotions during pregnancy. That is just how the cookie crumbles. You should do what's best for your career and family! 
  • Options
    @ngolimento I'd apply for that sucker! I totally agree with @stalkinghorse, no company is worrying as much about their employees as we worry about them.

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @stalkinghorse, yep you got it.  The position was open a year ago and I narrowly missed getting it.  Now it is re-opening and this time since I have more experience, I am very likely to get it as long as I don't flub the interview.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @ngolimento I'd apply! Do they know about your pregnancy already? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @irenejean my direct team knows I am pregnant, but the dept I am applying to doesn't have much contact with us peons (they QA our work).  So I think it is highly unlikely they know.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @lindsye - I'm calling ditto on what @kmalls and @lund said.  LO is within normal range, and you should have NIPT results soon.  I have seen my OB measure, and it seems like a hairs width is all it takes to say baby is a day ahead or behind. I know it's impossible, but please try not to stress out until you get additional results. 

@ngolimento - hell yes, interview!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would say it's fair game to apply, your team knows, so it's not like you're hiding anything even if the other department doesn't know!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Question: Just got results from my Maternit21 and other assorted blood work (fragile x, etc.) today -- all normal! Now I'm wondering, at my NT scan tomorrow, will I learn more? Or is it a repeat of what the blood work tested? Sorry if this is dumb question; FTM here.
    History (TW/loss/child):

7/2017 -- miscarriage at 6w
    5/2018 -- DS born 3 days after due date, 8lb 4oz
    9/2020 -- missed miscarriage at 9w / DNC
    3/2021 -- miscarriage at 8w
    7/2021 -- missed miscarriage at 8w / DNC
    9/2021 -- IVF cycle #1 (FET 1/25/22)

• Options
    Nt scan can help pick up on congenital heart defects. There are about 1 in 100 babies that are born with one.  It's the only reason I am doing it.  The worst part of dd's diagnosis was the heart surgery. 
  • Options
    @rklinge0 Ohhhh, got it. Thanks!
    History (TW/loss/child):

7/2017 -- miscarriage at 6w
    5/2018 -- DS born 3 days after due date, 8lb 4oz
    9/2020 -- missed miscarriage at 9w / DNC
    3/2021 -- miscarriage at 8w
    7/2021 -- missed miscarriage at 8w / DNC
    9/2021 -- IVF cycle #1 (FET 1/25/22)

• Options
    7 days. If it's more than that call your doctor because if the doctors office complains to the lab it will be expedited. That's my job so that's how I know :) 
  • Options
    Anybody recommend FTM helpful reading? 
  • Options
    ladythriceladythrice member
    edited October 2017
    @rklinge0, does your DD's history not automatically qualify you for a level II and an echocardiogram? Based on my (limited) understanding of the NT scan, all it will do is give indicators if there's a chance for defect, thus letting medical staff know further testing and evaluation is necessary (ie. an echo). We too have a family history of a heart defect and every pregnancy I'm automatically scheduled for a level II and echocardiogram, no initial testing required to get authorization for these. I'm like you, we do them every time because I want to be prepared at delivery in the event that surgery or something else is necessary.

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @downhilldiva, I second @hedgepig, Expecting Better is a great book. A lot of the criticisms of the book center around the authors credentials... she's an economist (I believe) not a doctor. That being said, I truly appreciate her book and its take on pregnancy. To me, it is a natural and intuitive way to approach pregnancy, far more so than the rules with which we're constantly bombarded in modern society.

I also enjoyed reading Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy... not that I want to encourage you to line her pockets with more money, but if you get her book from free from the library then do it lol. It's hilarious and accurate about pregnancy. I read it two days I think.

If you're interested in breastfeeding I recommend The Nursing Mother's Companion. Its a great book to read before baby gets here... then pull back out when your up MOTN wondering why the kid wants to nurse for 5 hours straight.

I also read a natural childbirth book and a book about getting an epidural without guilt (I can't remember the title of either). I'm glad I read both... not that either impacted my first delivery, but the knowledge I learned in them (and my experience of my first delivery) really empowered me to advocate for myself during my second delivery.

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ladythrice I am sure if I ask for it they would give me it. But since the defect was caused by the extra chromosome  more than likely it won't be repeated.
  • Options
    rklinge0 said:
    ladythrice I am sure if I ask for it they would give me it. But since the defect was caused by the extra chromosome  more than likely it won't be repeated.
    Ahhhh I see.

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker