May 2018 Moms
Options

FFFC 10/13

Re: FFFC 10/13

• Options
    @fraufarbissina @suchaglencoco

I didn't know there was a podcast with Suzie. I love Suzie! I'll have to check it out. Has Sarah had a kid yet? 

Also, it's totally fine if you hate V and love Bananas. That's not something I'm gonna fight to the death over. I don't know any of them in person and to be totally honest, I think it's insane so many are even doing it. Like....dont you people need a real job?! 

Camilla. What a waste of life. She's a human dumpster fire and I super dislike her. That bs with Leroy....i was all sorts of yelling at my tv. 

I feel like the end will just BAM come out of no where. They can't keep the season going forever so it will probably feel harried and unsatisfying. 

Where are we on camp Jemmye?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cups4 said:
    Laughing about moving on to weekly instead of ticker change threads when Friday's gets started by a name I don't recognize.
    I think there are two people besides myself who are due on a Thursday, and I don't recognize either of them at the moment. Doesn't mean I won't, but the random bump pictures all blur together.
  • Options
    My FFFC is IDK how you guys know who's a driveby and who isn't.  When I read posts I rarely process SNs and I sure don't remember who posted in the intros and who didn't.
    Sometimes it isn't just the s/n that can show its a driveby, but the content or the wording. An active member or active lurker would/should know that we don't do skull or nub theories. Or they'd know that a random "look at me" type of post whether it has a question or a statement that is just about them is normally side eyed. Or the repetitive "my symptoms come and go, am I ok" type of posts that are answered by opening a number of established threads.
    @tincupchalice I'm so glad you asked, because I was also wondering. @suchaglencoco thanks for answering. My confession is that I'm also unclear by the drive-by definition. If people are going back and forth and having a conversation on here is it rude to chime in? Will I be a "drive-by" in their conversations? I'm getting used to doing more than just reading the posts and I'd like to become a more active contributor without pissing anyone off. 
  • Options
    @meggycleary Considering it's after 1pm AZ MST (meaning it's even later for others), I think it's completely fine you started the thread! 

Me: 36 DH: 36
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    *TW*
    BFP #1: CP, April 2016
    BFP #2: 10/5/16, MMC 11/3/16 at 7w5d (embryo stopped @ ~6 weeks), misoprostol 11/11/16 (EDD 6/16/17)
    Dx: Luteal phase defect, uterine polyps, stage 2 endometriosis, low morphology
    Uterine polyp removal (laparoscopy) 3/28/17
    BFP #3: 6/19/17, MMC 7/11/17 at 6w3d, misoprostol 7/17/17 (EDD 3/1/18)
    BFP #4: 8/25/17 EDD 5/4/18

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    meggyclearymeggycleary member
    edited October 2017
    @desertdweller-21 okay sweet & I saw you are a Friday person too! Okay I swear I will get the hang of all of this. 
  • Options
    FFFC- if the Dodgers make it to the World Series, we are pulling money out of our savings to go to game. Totally irresponsible, but I don’t care. 
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 I hate starting them too. I think it's because I'm still more of a lurker (2 years ttc) that it feels weird to actually post something.  :D

I noticed earlier that two threads I would participate in were not posted this week, but of course now it's past the designated days. NBD. 

@meggycleary Yep! Although it looks like the weekly ticker change might change to a weekly check-in with those in the same week as you. Both are fine with me :)
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    *TW*
    BFP #1: CP, April 2016
    BFP #2: 10/5/16, MMC 11/3/16 at 7w5d (embryo stopped @ ~6 weeks), misoprostol 11/11/16 (EDD 6/16/17)
    Dx: Luteal phase defect, uterine polyps, stage 2 endometriosis, low morphology
    Uterine polyp removal (laparoscopy) 3/28/17
    BFP #3: 6/19/17, MMC 7/11/17 at 6w3d, misoprostol 7/17/17 (EDD 3/1/18)
    BFP #4: 8/25/17 EDD 5/4/18

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    arteduc8 said:
    FFFC- if the Dodgers make it to the World Series, we are pulling money out of our savings to go to game. Totally irresponsible, but I don’t care. 
    I'd love to go to a game to root for my Cubbies!!!! But seriously have fun if you get to go! 
    SO was pissed the Indians lost. Of course if the Bills make the play offs we'll be doing that same thing. But it's the Bills so...
  • Options
    @thedawkterswife, I can of see it like us having our own football teams. We appreciate the rivalries, but cheer for our faves.
    There is no way the "careers" like Bananas, Camilla, Cara Maria have jobs. There is just nonway. They're always on these shows or training. I do know West has been smart with his money and does have a few businesses himself. 
    I loathe Jemmye. I always thought she just rode around on Knight's shoulders because people loved him. I think she has a big mouth and never backs it up.
    I used to really like Camilla, but she had gotten so rotten over the years that it's hard to watch her.
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 I don't think you are sending the wrong message. It seems like you girls are just trying to work out all the kinks in this thread and I'm grateful that there are so many people who actually pay such close attention to the livelihood of this board.  I must admit it is a bit intimidating at first but in retrospect it's just such a nice thing to have. My mom never had a community like this and her mom before her.  A lot of these posts are really empowering and ease some concerns that one might have. 

As far as the poll goes I'm really unsure of what needs to be the permanent protocol. I like the weekly ticker but I can definitely see the benefits of the daily. With that being said I can also see why it would be too redundant. I might have to sit on that one a little more to really give a solid opinion. 

• Options
    ivyvines6 said:
    arteduc8 said:
    I'd love to go to a game to root for my Cubbies!!!! But seriously have fun if you get to go! 
    SO was pissed the Indians lost. Of course if the Bills make the play offs we'll be doing that same thing. But it's the Bills so...

Stuck in a box......
    I feel you! I'm a Bears fan so it's basically hopeless thinking they'll ever be good. And us Cubs fans are living in bliss right now after a century of suck. 
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 and @meggycleary

My comment was more that most people here seemed to be saying they wanted to get rid of ticker days. I actually am on Thursday, too but feel eh about posting on them. Glad you're feeling better!
  • Options
    @mileswithmyles we would do the same thing if the Rockies had made it!
  • Options
    @suchaglencoco See, I like the goats like Aneesa, Jemmye, and Nicole. It just gets under people's skin that they are there so long and are totally worthless....I love that ish. 

I think Bananas has made his life off of public appearances and he had his own clothing line. It's so self-serving it makes me loathe him. Good luck to any girl who thinks they want to be with him. 

I love Wes. He is BSC but also has a good head on his shoulders. Abe, too. It was BS how Cara Maria dicked him over. Poor guy. 

I would like to see Hunter and CT and Derrick in the final. Pretty apathetic about any of the girls. 
  • Options
    @thedawkterswife, oh man Abe is a psychopath. And all of those tattoos? Too much!
    I do love Derrick. He's always been level headed.
    I'm also sick of Tony and his "I'm doing this for my daughters" speeches. 
  • Options
    arteduc8 said:
    You are missing my point. You're going a little overboard assuming I don't want to get to know people. I want to engage with other members. That's why I'm here. I find the umbrella threads don't lend themselves to be easy to follow if you can't be on the board constantly. The format is restrictive. I'd like to engage in the topics that are relevant or meaningful to me. My last bmb here on the bump had structure but fluidity. Did we like drive bys? No. Did they upset me? No. I don't have time in my day to care about policing others on a public forum. 

Not sure if you realize this, but your last sentence comes across as very “holier than thou” to anyone who does put effort into trying to keep some sense of organization on this board. I think it’s nice that people care; you don’t have to put them down for it. 
  • Options
    Side note, today I found out that your draft can be pulled up on both the mobile app AND your computer 

• Options
    I get home before DH most days. If I do, I usually take a short nap, but make sure I get up and start doing something productive, like emptying the dishwasher, about five minutes before he gets some so he doesn’t think that I’m super lazy. 
    Lol I do that too!
  • Options
    @sharkmama39 @suchaglencoco @thedawkterswife @abhphilly @fraufarbissina
    I love the challenge!! I can get dh to watch it bc he likes the challenges and eliminations. He says it's almost like watching sports. I love Ct. He gets an extra vote being a dad and having a dad bod and still winning!  I was so mad last week. You shouldn't be able to send ppl to the bs redemption house without losing an elimination. I also love Jenna. I realize she's not a rocket scientist, but she does well and doesn't usually get into the drama (until now). Will they ever stop doing the redemption house?  Who would you love to see run the final?  I would love to see all the worst competitors run it. I think it would be hilarious. Corey was the worst in the final!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I feel like we ALMOST have enough fans to have a weekly Challenge thread so we don't clog up other threads, haha.

Can someone please do this??? The challenge is my (not really) guilty pleasure.  I always dreamed about being on it, even though now I am way too old!
  • Options
    sharkmama39sharkmama39 member
    edited October 2017
    dem068a said:
    I feel like we ALMOST have enough fans to have a weekly Challenge thread so we don't clog up other threads, haha.

Can someone please do this??? The challenge is my (not really) guilty pleasure.  I always dreamed about being on it, even though now I am way too old!
    Down for this!

i don't watch until the next morning, but am down to share my reaction as soon as  I watch lol

edited: fat fingers
  • Options
    dem068a said:

Down for this!

i don't watch until the next morning, but am down to share my reaction as soon a star I watch lol
    We watch it the next night after the kids go to bed. Too tired to watch it at 9 at night.
  • Options
    zaclinazaclina member
    edited October 2017
    With the sports talk I thought of a FFFC...
     I hate the MSU and UofM rivalry thing (a big thing in Michigan). I went to MSU and don't care for sports. UofM is an awesome school and I'd be thrilled if my kids went to either school. What ticks me off is when a rivalry game day is coming up (I never watch) and a Super Fan who knows where I went to school wants to get into a "friendly" competition convo. I always just want to say "oh, I don't play. Do you?" followed by long blank stare.

I like the idea of a week based Ticker Change.

We don't have broadcast/cable tv bc we are cheapskates so the Challenge show escapes my understanding but I'm jealous since a lot of you seem to enjoy it! Damn, I would kill to binge watch some Murder, She Wrote and House Hunters.

Lurkers are fine to me if it's friendly and helpful... when it's not so much either, I'm not a fan.

I stink at the GTKY questions. Poor, poor Sundays. Confession numero dos: I purposely never started the AMA thread on Sunday bc I started the Sunday Ticker and was totally daunted at the idea of creating another GTKY question. Fact. And I sometimes stole the GTKY from another thread. wow, this feels freeing!

edited bc it went into one big paragraph 
    fail halloween fall costume minions GIF
  • Options
    @suchaglen I have never watched that show, but am now intrigued?! anywhere I can binge? What network is in on? 
  • Options
    Just catching up- 

I'll go check out the poll thread. I like any idea that'll help get the board moving. I lurk a bit but try to jump in when I can. 

I've never seen The Challenge, but now I might need to find a way to watch it because you've piqued my interest. 

Also not a fan of the new tswift songs. 

My FFFC- I side eye people who are disappointed about the sex of their baby.