June 2018 Moms

***READ THIS FIRST*** Board Organization

doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
edited October 2017 in June 2018 Moms
Welcome to the June 2018 BMB!  If you're new to TB, we're excited to have you! Below you will find information on how the flow of BMBs work, guidelines and helpful links. [Note: I've borrowed this from what appears to be every other BMB :)]

Some links that you may find helpful:
How-To Guides:
-How to quote: Hit the "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. You will be taken to the reply box with the quote set up already.
-How to tag: Add a "@" in front of the username of the person you are talking to.
-How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update.
-How to insert a spoiler box: click the drop down list arrow next to the paragraph symbol (third from the left, next to bold and italicize) and choose spoiler. It will insert a grey box, and everything that you type in there will go into the spoiler.

For the sake of board organization, here are some simple guidelines for posting threads:

DO: 
-Introduce yourself in the "Introductions" thread 
-Add yourself to the spreadsheet
-Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below: if a post is "assigned" but hasn't been started by mid morning, feel free to start it!
-Post your own thread if you have a confirmed loss
-Post a thread that would apply to the entire community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: what to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc)
-Comment, share advice and show support for your fellow bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well

DON'T:
-Start a thread asking about symptoms; please post this in the current weekly "symptoms thread" - this is helpful because it keeps the board from getting cluttered and makes it so we can all see the whole discussion in one thread, rather than having one thread about MS, one about food cravings, another about vivid dreams, etc.
-Ask the community if you are pregnant, it is against TOU
-Start a thread asking for relationship advice; a professional is better suited for this task
-Post pictures of your pregnancy test, this is also against TOU
-Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you suspect you may be going through a MC
-Get bent out of shape if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board

MONDAY
  • Weekly Appointments 
  • Weekly Randoms 
  • Meal Plan Monday 
  • Monday Bitchfest 
  • Product Spotlight: __________ (e.g., strollers, car seats, etc.)
TUESDAY
  • Twatwaffle (TW) Tuesday 
  • First Time Mom Check-In 
  • GTKY 
  • High Risk Pregnancy Check-In 
  • Moms of Multiples Check-In 
WEDNESDAY
  • WTF Wednesday
  • HDBD (Hump Day, Bump Day) 
  • PGAL Check-In 
  • Second Time Mom+ Check-In 
  • Plus-size Mom Check-In
THURSDAY
  • Due Date Weekly Check-in (separate thread for all 4 weeks) 
  • Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday 
  • TTGP Grad Check-In 
  • What My Pregnant Self is Eating 
  • Pregnant after IF 
FRIDAY
  • Flame Free Friday Confession (FFFC) 
  • Why My SO is a ... 
  • Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 
  • Fit Mom Friday 
  • Canadian check-in
SATURDAY
  • Why my SO is Awesome
  • Weekend Randoms 
  • Small Business Saturday 
SUNDAY
  • Weekly Ticker Change Gif Celebration
  • Healthy Habits Check-In 
  • Weekly Questions 
  • AMA Check in
  • HG Check in
  • Symptoms Thread 

Once we all get farther along, we will also have pinned threads for things like ultrasounds, sex announcements and birth announcements.

I've copy/pasted this from previous boards, and it seems to be the way that they are all organized, but of course we should feel free to tweak for our needs!

If anyone has a suggestion for other threads, please feel free to comment a suggestion.

PLEASE keep in mind that there will eventually be a lot of us on this board, and an organized board will be much easier for everyone to use. If we can all keep the one-off posts to a minimum the board won't be too cluttered to navigate, and hopefully we won't end up answering the same question 2,000 times.

Let's have a great BMB ladies!

UPDATED TO ADD: we have now reached the time limit on this post being editable. 

Re: ***READ THIS FIRST*** Board Organization

• @BumpAdmin can we sticky, please? :)
  • Do we have a sign up for board posts yet? Idk what it's called.. But something like who posts what posts on which days kind of thing. Or is it a free show at the moment? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @Dashaina I think maybe more lax right now? Seems like we could probably each just post a thread when we notice it's not up/think of it, especially since we don't have that many members yet so probably don't necessarily need all the threads yet. But if we want to do a signup thing for specific posts, we can do that too. Whatever works. I think we just need to decide within 30 days or this post becomes un-editable. 
  • Ha! Didn't know that. (about un editable). Yeah lax is cool. I just wanted to check in about it. Maybe see if other ladies have an opinion or vote or something? I have no experience on what's best here, etc. :smile:
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Always been first come first serve around here.  I would start thread MOTN when I couldn't sleep or was up nursing.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's great method.. Then that way nobody has to worry if they can't do it or something. Thanks for the information ladies! 
  • Sure, want me to add it to the list? Just pick a day @Amphibious22 ;) 
  • @doxiemoxie212 that'd be great! Maybe Wednesday or Thursday? Those seem to be the lightest days so far. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 done! 

Reminder to all: I have 3 more weeks to be able to edit the original post on this. :) 
  • Should we start a new introduction post?
  • @doxiemoxie212 can our weekly symptom thread start on Sunday instead? I think it's weird to have it start on Saturday.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey @doxiemoxie212 I was thinking about it and do you think it would make sense to combine Healthy Habits & Fit Moms?  I mean essentially we can talk about the same things and it will be one less thread?  If we did that maybe we should Keep it on Friday and Call it Fit & Healthy Moms?  Just trying to make it so we don't have so many thread for similiar things.
  • DashainaDashaina member
    edited October 2017
    And maybe we could combine the SO thread as well and call it SO Shoutouts on Saturday?  or something?  Idk, again just trying to condense repeatative things.  

And what is the difference between Why my pg self is crying and threads like bitchfest/venting posts?  

Are we going to use the Small business or HG Check-in?  What is that even for? :smile:
  • Honestly, I have no idea. I did not make up these categories - they're just copy/pasted from every other birth month that has come before us, so I'd love for S+TMs who have been on TB for their pregnancies to weigh in.
  • @doxiemoxie212 in my other group July '16, we definitely did not have so many check-ins each day.  (at least not that i remember).  We combined a lot into weekly randoms or weekly symptoms.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We don't have to do all on the list, though, right? This is just sort of a template of potential ideas? Every other BMB has this same list, but they don't actually do all of them every week. Only as needed/appropriate. 
  • Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Is there any special trick to the ticker? For some reason, mine isn't showing up. :/
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • You have to paste it into the actual code
  • @manda9485 I was having issues with this too, I had to delete everything else from my signature. The hit the code icon that looks like </>. Paste the code. Then save the signature before going back and re-adding all of your other information. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• goldenlolagoldenlola member
    edited October 2017
    Don't mind me while I test some gifs. For some reason it hasn't been working in other posts.

DD: 09/16/14 @ 37 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 09/29 @ 11 DPO | EDD: 06/11/18
    Betas: 10/04 - 235 | 10/10 - 2,975 | 10/13 - 8,150 | 10/16 - 21,987

• Thank you! Got it to work! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @krashke I like that idea! How are they handling threads just being zombies tho? Like I'm 7 weeks now, so I could start the 7 week thread, but then next week a newbs might resurrect the old 7 week thread instead of creating a new one? Or is that the point?
  • @krashke I would prefer to do that kind of check-in over the ticker change, it makes more sense because the ladies would have more in common for symptoms, testing, etc.
  • Maybe instead of 7 weeks or something, we do just june1-7, 8-15, etc? 
  • re: weekly check ins - i like @doxiemoxie212 idea of it being based of EDD (if i read that right).  Last time i was an end of the month due date and I felt like I was always one step behind everyone as far as "weeks".  It would be nice to GTKY the ladies around my due date :)
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • krash_krash_ member
    edited October 2017
    @doxiemoxie212 separating by dates is a good idea. I think that would avoid some of the confusion and it looks like there might be some confusion in May as well. We can still do the ticker change check in's if people want to keep those going but they seem a little dead. 

Additionally depending on how much traffic it gets it can either be a weekly check in or just an ongoing thread. 

ETA grammar is important 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @doxiemoxie212 That works too! Less complicated.
  • Let's try adding them in, and see how they do compared to the ticker changes this week? Then I can update the board organization as appropriate. I can start the 1st week of June one. 
  • I like the idea of week check-in over ticker! 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I love the idea of a week check in instead of ticker change.
    I feel like there's so much i can't relate to some other ladies on the ticker change because they're 2 weeks ahead of me.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• edited October 2017
    I can do the one for the 15th - 21st

ETA: Correct dates
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can do the one for the 22nd - 30th. What day of the week do we want to post these threads?