June 2018 Moms

Baby Names

Re: Baby Names

• @honeybee530 I hear ya on the strong opinions/therefore undecided issue with the boys name.  My DH already has this cray idea that if Baby C is a boy we're naming him after this dream he had back with DD1 was in utero.  I'm like HEEEEEELLLL no.  Ready for it?
    Carcanyon.
    :frowning:

I'm really hoping for a girl. bahahahahahhahaha. :)  Nah I'll be fine, because ultimately I'm the one there when the birth certificate gets filed and he isn't muahahahahhahahaha.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I love the name Madeline....but it's one of our friends daughters name...are there any rules for stealing your friends kids name?! Should I ask them first? For boys we have no idea!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @abteamb Ahh, that's my middle name! Well, Madeleine is. :) Maybe bring it up with your friends and see what their thoughts are? Ultimately, it should really be about what you love no matter what other people think.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @silvergreen yes you're right. Let's see what we do. I really love that name. I think it's classic and timeless. I also like the nickname Madi. It's cute. Plus I'm Hispanic so that name sounds pretty in English and Spanish!
  • So we are pretty decided on Austin for a boy.... But every girls name I like DH shoots down and says he thinks its a boy anyway.. So that's not so helpful
  • @meagster13 Oh no, not yours too...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @silvergreen HAHAHAH! right?! I told him I'm the one who signs it and ill just do what I want :P joking of course though
  • @abteamb I also agree that you should do what you want but it’s polite to at least mention it to them beforehand.  I would just say something like, “So Madeline has always been our top choice for a girl name and I think we’re going to name her that.  I hope you don’t think we’re trying to copy you.”  Plus if you don’t live in the same town they won’t be in the same class, etc. BUT I wouldn’t talk to them about it until you know if you’re having a girl and you’re 100% sure on the name.  
  • Current front runners are:

Boy: Jack Alexander
    Girl: Violet Caroline

We're not sold on anything though... Picking names for kid #3 is HARD.
  • DH and I are still debating names. I'm half-Swedish and he's half-Japanese, so we are thinking about finding ways to incorporate both cultures into the name. These two are probably our top choices:

Felix
    So far we are pretty certain this is our choice for a boy. It's not Swedish, but it's a popular name in Sweden so the association is very strong for me. It's Latin for 'happy' and 'lucky.' We are thinking about a Japanese middle name to go with it.

Wren
    We like this for a girl because it's an English name (for the little songbird) as well as sounding like the Japanese name Ren, meaning 'lotus.'

I'm also a fan of the following:

Astrid
    (f; Norse for 'divinely beautiful')
    Agnes
    (f; Greek for 'pure') - extremely popular in Sweden
    Violet
    (f; Latin for 'purple') - we had a huge bloom of wild violets around our house the week following my MMC
    Sören (m; Norse for 'stern')

Looove Wren. I also love violet a close friend just named her little girl Violeta so it's off the table for us.
  • For a girl Madison (oddly enough I had a dream it was a girl last night.... although we ar hoping for a boy. Lots of girls in my family. My aunt had a boy earlier this year, its the first boy in our family since 2001.... with 9 girls in between). If its a boy husband's name III. The third, which I'm excited about bc growing up my brother's nick name was Tray, and we can call our future son Tre.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • oh as for why with Madison its just a name I've loved since middle school. And I love the nick name Maddy. We are big on nick names in my family, so its important to me that my children have nick names they'll actually like, unlike my youngest sister.
  • @doxiemoxie212 my mom's middle name is April & everyone calls her April like its her first name, also her birth month.
  • @ffw0617 LOVE the name Madison...but since it is also my DD's name, I may be a bit biased ;)
  • I was watching Splash the other day and had totally forgotten she chooses Madison as her "human" name!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @abteamb When I was pregnant with DD I loved the name Katelyn.  Some of our best friends at the time had a 2 year old daughter named Katelyn also.  They were also pregnant so when we were talking about names together I had said I loved Katelyn but I don't want to use it because of their daughter.  My friend said you can't NOT name her that just because of that, if you want to use it, go for it!  One of us may move and then it wouldn't matter in the long run anyway.  DH and I found another name we loved and used that one, not Katelyn, and they ended up moving when the kids were about 6 months old.  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Oh, I just remembered another "boy" nickname for a girl that I love - Georgie! So cute!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runningteacher I love Wren too. So cute. 
  • Our potential girl's name is Violet Louise and our boys name is Reylan Chester.

The middle names are family names.  My mother's name was Jacqueline Louise and I share that middle name.  Our first daughter Emmaline would have inherited the name but we wanted to honor my brother who had passed away and chose Winifred as a nod to Frederick.  Violet is a name that DH has always wanted for a girl.  He is all about NNs and think that Em, Wes, and Vi would be a great sibset.

Reylan (or Raylan, spelling would be up for debate) is honestly from just watching Justified.  We had so much trouble selecting a boy's name for DS Wesley.  We didn't want too traditional.  Wesley inherited his father's and grandfather's middle name so that would be out for a second son.  Because this all happened this morning, I haven't even floated the idea of Chester, my dearest uncle/father figure, as a potential DS2 MN, but I think DH would be on board. 
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • For a Girl: Emma middle name to be decided (Emma Frost) meaning whole, or complete & this will be our last pregnancy. 
    For a Boy: Logan James (Wolverine) 

No shame in my husband's long time love of all things Marvel.
    Logan is one of DH's wishlist names for a boy!  It is a great name!
    Formerly knittylady
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sabby2 - Alaric is an awesome boy's name!  (Adds to list
    Formerly knittylady
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @krashke Whoa! What a great idea! Sounds fun - definitely checking that out!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • emlange319emlange319 member
    edited October 2017
    We have lists for boys and girls right now (as well as a "middle names only" list), and we will work to narrow it down! I hope to have a top 10 or top 5 by the time we find out the sex. Then, we'll go from there :) I had several that DH has already vetoed :/ lol. But we are keeping names hush-hush from everyone until baby is born!
  • So far we have Isaac and Hannah. We can’t really agree on anything else. I feel like it was way easier naming ds. Once we tell our parents ill ask for a list of family names. I like using them for middle names. Hopefully there are some good ones to choose from. 
  • Luke for a boy and I'm undecided on a girl's name. I'm fond of the names Eleanor, Maggie (Margaret) and Hannah.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh, I'm glad this got bumped up, it started way before I was on the board!
    Boy: Thomas (that's pretty much decided, it's a family name). 
    Girl: Logan, Lennan, and Max are all top contenders atm, except DH doesn't like Lennan.

I'd really like to name a girl a gender neutral/neutral-ish name. 
  • We're going with Vincent for a boy and possibly Allison for a girl.  We're both in total agreement on both names. We've been day dreaming about our future little one for a long time.  We've been calling our future LO our Mini Vinny for the last couple years. Which is funny because DH's name isn't Vinny, not even close but it's been DH's nickname from his best friend since our last name starts with V. For now it's nickname is little Bear until we find out either way.  I'm still not 100 on our girls name though. I want to leave that door open just in case I want to change my mind.  
  • I was just lurking the May board and read Fletcher, suggested it to DH and he vetoed it.  He suggested Thaddeus and Silas for boys and Abigail for a girl.  (I'm not crazy about any of them).  

I love the bible story about Hannah but one of our friends' sister's name is Hannah and she was killed by a drunk driver in March so I don't think we will use that one just out of respect and I don't know, just doesn't seem right.  

Then DH suggested Levi Arnold (H's grandpa's name was Arnold).  I kinda like it!  BUT, our last name is one syllable and only four letters; is Levi too short?  I like that it is two syllables but worried it is still too short.  

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

• For a boy we have always said (and told friends and family) that we would use David for a first name for MH uncle that was killed in a motorcycle accident at 18, it's also MH's MN. But now I feel like I don't like it. Like it might be too basic. But MH and I have really basic names and I feel like the family names should fit together and I'm not sure something unique would fit with our names. 

It doesn't help that MH and I cannot agree on any thing. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• edited October 2017
    @krashke Some of our friends' names are Ben and Jen.  Their kids' names are Azeley (girl), Aeston (boy), Atley (boy), Aumi (girl).    

All are welcome!

• @krashke if you come up with another boy name just make David the middle name. My DH's uncle died of cancer in 2011 (around the time we started dating) we agreed back then that his uncle's name is a bit too old school for us to use. And my DH doesn't have a middle name, neither does his dad, so since we are doing the III if its a boy he won't have a middle name either. But if its a girl we've agreed on Madison Jewel. The Je matches the uncle's first two letters.
  • napqueennapqueen member
    edited October 2017
    @krashke I think David makes an excellent middle name! I may be biased though, it is both my brother’s and DS’s middle name. 
  • For a girl our front runner is Genevieve Elaine. Elaine after my grandmother who passed away this year, Genevieve just because we both actually like it. My only hang up is that DD is Gianna Marie, so I'm worried it will seem too matchy. But hubby has shot down every other girl name I've suggested so that might be our winner!

For a boy we will use the first name Justin as that's a family name on DH's side. Middle name undecided but leaning towards using DH's first name.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Then DH suggested Levi Arnold (H's grandpa's name was Arnold).  I kinda like it!  BUT, our last name is one syllable and only four letters; is Levi too short?  I like that it is two syllables but worried it is still too short.  
    I'm using random last name Park in my head as an example and Levi Park sounds good! It does depend on the name but I think it could work. And Levi is really nice!
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dashaina said:aww
    @dinodna3 OMG! I feel like such a dunce. Lmao. Thank you for clearing up my confusion. 

I totally know of that series of books/movies and while I did enjoy reading the books. We actually didn't name her after that character. People used to ask me that all the time though. 
    Haha when I saw your daughter was named Bellatrix I was curious if it was after the character since Bellatrix Lestrange is pretty evil lol. Your real reasoning makes more sense! And I think the ABC order thing is pretty cool. I know of a couple other families who have done that (neither family got past C lol)
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like Sterling or Joel for a boy and Violet for a girl. Is Violet becoming popular now? I don't know anyone with the name but I saw a few people mention it above. I don't care too much about popularity, as my DD is Evelyn and that name is on the rise now. Just curious. 
  • @oneblessedmess I've always like all my siblings nicknames. I have 5 siblings, and first DH wanted 5 kids (I've since talked him down to 2 or 3, if the first 2 are the same sex) but I told him I'd agree to 5 if we named them all after my siblings but using their nicknames: Bri, Tay/Tae, Ari, Tre, and Chris. I even named my niece Dari. For D plus Ari (pronounced Ahh Rhi, dad's name starts with D).
  • bump310301121bump310301121 member
    edited October 2017
    Jumping on the Violet bandwagon - but my husband vetoed it for DD1 and DD2 so I'm not too hopeful this time. My girls are Magnolia (Maggie) and Audrey so I feel like if this one is a girl too, we need another strong name. I also like Vivienne, Victoria, Gemma, Evelyn, and Georgia. I really wanted Lucy for DD2 but close friends had a daughter 2 months before us and took that one!

Our boy name has been picked out since baby # 1: Grady. The "G" is to honor my husband's late father whose name started with "G"

On a side note, we were team green my first two pregnancies, but my husband wants to find out this time so he knows for sure if we need to argue over another girl name. I have a feeling he won't even discuss with me until after the anatomy scan.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mykah Annalise for a girl

i like names that could be unisex , Micah is one of them.

DS's name is Kaiden for the same reason.

Annalise because DH mom passed away in 2003 and her middle name was Ann