May 2018 Moms

*Introductions*

Re: *Introductions*

• Ambermom043Ambermom043 member
    edited September 2017
    @Saratiff I remember you from the August 2015 club!
  • Loading the player...
  • @Kovak I was in August 2015, I recall there was some drama.. It was still helpful as a first time mom who was 750 miles from all family and friends at the time!  ;) Hoping for an even better experience this go around, though! 
  • @lizzah it is likely that my husband and i will spend the second half of my pregnancy on different US coasts. Let me know if you need someone to talk to. 
  • @Ambermom043 hi! I was Aug15 as well!  :)
  • ashley22paashley22pa member
    edited September 2017
    @Kovak

My son is 4 and was born in April and my daughter is 2 and born in July! That's so crazy! I wasn't part of the bump then, I was part of Just Mommies which is pretty much dead anymore.   

• @bumpemma, no pgs testing here. All my eggs are from my 2015 ivf cycle and my clinic didn't really facilitate the testing.  I get to wait until my anatomy scan to find out the gender. Congrats on your baby boy :smile:
  • @squashandlaces oh that's exciting then waiting for your scan! How amazing is IVF! So glad to hear you're pregnant with your second. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • @k5678 Late to see your post, but my doctor only increased my meds by <15%. Everyone seems to says 25-30 is standard, but I guess I have to trust that she's the doctor, not me. I also find it odd that she said to get tested again in 4 weeks, when she usually says 3-4. I think I'll go at 3.5 anyway. When I actually talk to my OB, she may say something different, so we'll see.
  • @kpc914 Sounds great.  My husband and I are closer than that -- about an 8 hour drive, which makes weekend visits possible, but we'll likely be living apart until the birth.

• Looking forward to a supportive group, and hopefully, no judgment!

I can pretty much guarantee there WILL be judgement but there will also be a ton of support and fun and love to share. 
    Thanks for the warning! 
  • @codik86 Yes!  And I think you were in the FB group for a while, right?  
    Yep, I was!
  • @cassloumy I'm a full time nursing student too! I finish my final placement at end of March and make up hours in April then Theory finished in June. With a due date of May 4th I'm not quite sure how I'll juggle it all, good luck with your course and hope they're supportive!
  • CraftyG said:
    @cassloumy I'm a full time nursing student too! I finish my final placement at end of March and make up hours in April then Theory finished in June. With a due date of May 4th I'm not quite sure how I'll juggle it all, good luck with your course and hope they're supportive!
    That's awesome! I hope we'll be able to support each other through this special brand of craziness! So far so good with the administration at my school! This semester we're fine and we're going to play it by ear next semester (but I'm really hoping to graduate on time without a leave of absence). My program is just a RN diploma program so I'll have to get my BSN after I graduate. Are you doing clinical days right now? This pregnancy nose is not helping me there lol!
  • @cassloumy I'm so glad we're in the same boat! I'm the same, I'm just going back after a break so the last thing I want to do is have to take more time out. I'm hoping to finish all my hours and then finish the Theory side before I have little one so all I have to do is submit it. That's amazing go you! I'm in the UK so it's a bit different but we basically have a block of 3 months on a ward etc which I start in January then a month or two of Theory. Yeah I can imagine, I'm not looking forward to that I can already smell everything. Vom.
  • Congratulations @hges83! My best friend was in a similar boat, having her third well apart from her first two. Honestly I'm jealous of all the help she has.