May 2018 Moms
Options

*Introductions*

Re: *Introductions*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey mummies!! Congrats to all of us on our precious may babies!!! Looking forward to sharing all our stories and pregnancy adventures with you all!!! I’m 33 with my 3rd pregnancy and it appears I like age gaps between pregnancy’s lol my twins boys are 14 and my daughter is 8. I also have a step daughter who is 8 so like twins on twins in my home lol and now another on the way! Look forward to hearing from you all

• Options
    holli0801holli0801 member
    edited October 2017
    Tried to change my username but I don't think it let me. Disregard.
  • Options
    @curleemama32 welcome! I think it's fun to see another mama on here who's not finding out the gender (it's not super common, I understand). What made you decide to wait? :smile:

• Options
    marina926 said:
    @curleemama32 welcome! I think it's fun to see another mama on here who's not finding out the gender (it's not super common, I understand). What made you decide to wait? :smile:

I won't be finding out Gender either  B)
  • Options
    It’s sex not gender. 
    Both terms are correct, I believe. (And I am Russian, we definitely use the word "gender" not "sex" in this case. :smile:)
  • Options
    I’m due on the 22nd too!!!
  • Options
    marina926marina926 member
    edited October 2017
    I'm out. Disregard.
  • Options
    marina926marina926 member
    edited October 2017
    ivyvines6 said:
    marina926 said:
    It’s sex not gender. 
    Both terms are correct, I believe. (And I am Russian, we definitely use the word "gender" not "sex" in this case. :smile:)
    As @ivyvines6 explained, they’re not interchangble words in the US. Sex is what organs you’re born with, you won’t know your child’s gender until years later. 

Heres a a handy infographic. 

That's a great info graffic! 
    If we're seriously going to dissect termanology here, why don't we do it on all things and not just sex/ gender? ;) Why don't we call our unborn children what they are...? Embryos until 9 weeks, fetuses until birth, babies after? But as soon as we conceive, we call our unborn children, well, "BABIES". Is that politically correct? (Not in the pro-choice community, btw. Not when it's convenient to not call them "babies".) 

Or let's take the boyfriend, fiance, husband thing, for example. I've talked to plenty of women who refer to their "significant other" as "fiance" or "husband", when they are not married. Do I correct them? No, because that's the terminology they choose to use. I don't say "Oh, you mean your bf?" Or "baby daddy?" Nah, that'd be rude. 

My point being, y'all your babies "genderbread persons" all day long, if you want. I won't be offended. I'm open-minded like that. So I hope it's ok to use the term "gender" when referring to my husband (yes, we're married! :wink:) and I not planning to find out if we're having a boy or girl baby. Thanks so much for your understanding. :smile:
  • Options
    Hmmm, I think science would say there are males and females - pick one or fail to reproduce. I don't think evolution cares about identity, except in the case that it interferes with reproduction.... 

ETA: please don't take this as me disregarding our present culture. I'm mainly libertarian and dgaf about most things, I just object to "science"
  • Options
    @mmb4532 I’m in the Pittsburgh area and due somewhere around the end of May too  :)