• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @schaze Yay!!! Congrats! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    Yay!! Congrats @schaze!! 
  • Options
    @schaze Congrats!!!
  • Options
    Congrats!!!  Boys are awesome!!  
  • Options
    Congratulations @schaze!
  • Options
    Congrats! @schaze Boys are amazing. I love my little smushy love bug. 

So...I live on the FL west coast. Have lived through a bunch of hurricanes, including 1992s Andrew, but this one (Irma) really has me worried...
  • Options
    We are currently in Palm Beach, FL and are supposed to fly out on Saturday. Can't get ahold of the airline, can't find any earlier flights, and we're looking at shelling out big money for one way tickets home earlier than Saturday. Ugh. 
  • Options
    @FTM53 Oh no, stay safe! Are you evacuating? I've never lived in a place with hurricanes but the news scares me to death for everyone affected. I hope they have lots of options for you guys to get to safety and out of harm's way. 

@kburg15 Hope you get home safe! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    I hope you can get out of there. I'm literally moving out of here as soon as hubby finds a new job. Hurricanes are no fun. 

Has any of your babies ever had blisters on her feet? 

• Options
    You guys in FL be safe! And keep us updated. My moms in central FL-- but they're just calling for lots of rain/wind for her. Hopefully no flooding. 
  • Options
    These hurricanes are nuts. Wishing you a safe next few days, @FTM53!! Love the craft idea haha!! 

Glad you were able to reschedule your flight, @kburg15!! I'm sure that's a good choice!! Doesn't look like a storm to chance. 
  • Options
    @FTM53 You are so brave. I wanted to evacuate and we live like 3 hours inland. I miss my nice safe California that didn't have hurricanes or tropical storms. Stay safe! 
  • Options
    Stay safe everyone! 
  • Options
    Oh no!!!! Are you near Montana? I know it's bad there. California is burning up too :/
  • Options
    We have lots of ash in WA as well :(

I pray everyone is safe! 
  • Options
    I am in Oregon! My husband informed me only one home has burned down so far, but it is still scary for people who live close to that area. Some teenagers threw firecrackers down in the gorge.  Our air quality on Tuesday was considered hazardous and we couldn't go outside. Yesterday was unhealthy. It seems like there are fires everywhere!!
  • Options
    Stay safe @shaylalr and everyone else in the dangerous areas right now! Is this year just extra insane or have I been under a rock in past seasons?? I know there's usually at least one major natural disaster every year somewhere, but I can't believe it this year. So scary, I feel so not helpful in my little Midwest bubble watching everyone go through this. Praying for you guys.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    shaylalr said:
    I am in Oregon! My husband informed me only one home has burned down so far, but it is still scary for people who live close to that area. Some teenagers threw firecrackers down in the gorge.  Our air quality on Tuesday was considered hazardous and we couldn't go outside. Yesterday was unhealthy. It seems like there are fires everywhere!!

What do you do for the inside your home air quality? 
  • Options
    TiffRox81TiffRox81 member
    edited September 2017
    Ugh! Yes I read about those boys and the fireworks. So sad. Hope things start turning around in your area @shaylalr  We had a crazy and very brief hint of rain the other day in Northern California. Maybe there's more in both our futures!!
  • Options
    @ldsjm123 I honestly was unprepared! I am not sure what to do! I haven't been opening any windows or anything like that. We are definitely suffering some allergies because of it. People are wearing masks when they go outside. 
  • Options
    Hey ladies- anybody want to share their first postpartum period stories?   I got some cramps on  and off this week so I'm thinking Aunt Flo is going to return.  But today I woke up feeling super hot!  I checked and I don't have a fever.  Is feeling hot a sign of a returning period?  Any other crazy symptoms I should be prepared for?!  Thanks in advance!!!
  • Options
    Childrens vs Infants Tylenol.  I haven't called the pedi yet but I read that there is no difference other than price and Children's coming with a cup rather than a syringe.  Does anyone have experience with this?  I have gobs of syringes and will gladly save a few bucks and buy Children's instead. 
  • Options
    We are getting the haze from all of the fires all the way in CO, too. So sad that it was some stupid kids.

@kmurdock925 - there's no difference. It used to be different concentrations but they changed that due to dosing errors. 
  • Options
    @kmurdock925 No difference. My pediatrician was the one who told us to stop wasting our money. 

Motrin does have a difference but she gave us the appropriate dosage for the childrens for her so we could stop spending money there too. 

I can't believe the price differences are so much sometimes. 
  • Options
    Have any of you flipped the mattress in the crib yet? Our mattress is made for baby on one side and toddler on the other. I was thinking maybe it's time to flip?
  • Options
    @winnie1122 Haha! THANK YOU for voicing the dialogue in my head
  • Options
    Hahaha! I think all are made this way - one side more firm for when they're babies and one side more soft for toddlers. I just wasn't sure if they're considered "toddler" enough now for a softer mattress? 
  • Options
    Thanks guys!  Childrens it is...tylenol is so expensive. 

I totally forgot about flipping the mattress.  I dont know when that would be??  I dont think all mattresses have the capability but the tag should indicate which side is which if it can be flipped
  • Options
    I had no idea about the mattress! Checking ours in the morning.. Anyone who is the path of Irma or have relatives who are, are there any updates? Keeping all of you in my thoughts!
  • Options
    babycakesdaybabycakesday member
    edited September 2017
    I was just sitting here thinking I never even checked my mattress before putting her on it. But mine is the same on both sides. So glad I saved the info sheet! 
  • Options
    My husband and I's moms are both in central Florida. Not in mandatory evacuation zones, but they both fall in this red zone, which is almost as scary. Neither are leaving. Also, our mattress is 2 sided as well. Thank you for the reminder! We haven't switched it yet. But mostly because I had forgotten. 

• Options
    We are expecting the eye of the storm around 4am.