July 2016 Moms

September Randoms

Re: September Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • We use overnights since I stopped nursing. He gets a bottle 5-8oz before bed so his diaper is HUGE in the morning. They're still almost overflowing even with the overnights, but he's not soaked at midnight anymore. 
  • Speaking of nighttime milk... we cut out bottles at 12 months. They get a sippy with milk (pea protein milk for my little allergy babies) with meals and an afternoon snack. I let them finish whatever milk they didn't drink at dinner while they're being read a bedtime story. DH wants to cut out bedtime milk altogether. What is everyone else doing?
  • shaylalrshaylalr member
    edited September 2017
    @shanparadise My pediatrician told us to do 3 meals with milk a day. So I cut out morning and night time milk at 12 months. When she asks for milk I give it to her, but she only asks at meals and after her nap. She just drinks lots of water these days. 
  • I still give milk at bedtime. Pedi wants him to be getting between 16-20oz of whole milk a day, so he gets a sippy of milk with breakfast, a sippy of milk midmorning (before lunch), and I just recently weened him, so we're still on a transition bottle of milk before bed. 
  • Our Ped also said that M should be getting 16-20oz a day still, as well. So I treat the milk as a snack. She gets 3 meals a day. And I do milk between them and then a cup (If im at work) at bedtime. She still nurses 2x a day (morning and night) but she's only finishing 1.5-2 sippy cups a day. So once she's over it, I pop it in the fridge until she's ready for it. She also is drinking about 24 oz of water a day too. Which is crazy to me! 
  • @LDSJM123 DS drinks a ton of water, too. And he eats like a fiend. Guess that's why he's 95% in both height and weight

@winnie1122 OMG...I am SO sorry. That is not fun. My good friend has twins that are a week younger than DS. Once, they helped each other out of their diapers and EVERYTHING, including the boys were covered in poop in their ears, up their noses. You name it. Thankfully, I have not experienced that (yet). But I cannot imagine that it was any fun after a long day at work
  • @FTM53 Haha oh nooo, that sounds awful! Thankfully he didn't really make a mess inside the crib and it wasn't too hard to clean up, but definitely no more sleeping without a onesie over the diaper! I can only imagine the messes now that he's figured out how to take off the diaper!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Random question- do you all put socks on your kids if they are wearing shoes?  
  • L gets milk with meals, too. She LOVES milk and would choose that over anything else on the menu! She typically drinks all her milk then will move on to whatever else we're serving. She does drink her water fine between meals and with snacks. She likes her water to be "fresh" I've noticed, haha! So I typically refresh the cup every couple hours. Or add ice. Not sure how many ounces of water she drinks a day. If I had to guess maybe 16.
  • @austinjl Only with tennis shoes so far, but his main shoes right now are sandals and sperry type shoes since it's still warm so I haven't needed socks yet! I just bought his first pair of legit tennis shoes and put socks with them when he wore them the other day.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Random because I just need to vent. Had the absolute crappiest day yesterday and I'm realizing how not well I am handling my parents' divorce. (They separated last year after 35 years of what we all thought was a really happy marriage, so it was a shock, and the divorce was just finalized this summer) They were on pretty good terms until the actual legal part of the divorce and now they aren't even speaking to each other and are passive aggressively competing with each other in their new lives. My dad threw a party yesterday that was supposed to be for my little brother's 21st (he NEVER made a big deal about birthdays before, that was my mom's thing) and he got upset last year when she got my siblings together without him to quietly celebrate two birthdays. So this felt like retaliation but whatever. He had the stupid thing catered, with a live singer, and he invited a bunch of his friends and his new girlfriend that none of us have met yet and I was not emotionally prepared to meet yet. My brother is super low key and this party did not feel like it was for him at all. I was so upset walking in there, plus DH and I had just gotten in a big fight on the way there because I reminded him that my mom also wanted to do something for my brother's bday so we'd be going to her house for a little bit after Dad's party and he got ticked about it. He hates having multiple celebrations for ANYTHING which is basically impossible to avoid now that my parents are divorced so this is a recurring argument with no solution so far. When we got home the whole thing escalated into a huge fight about how we're going to handle holidays (another recurring argument) and then he had to go to work so I'm still mad and we haven't been able to talk through it nicely yet. Pregnancy hormones aren't helping, I cried like 5 times yesterday and was in a terrible mood through all the 'celebrating' yesterday but had to act like I wasn't furious. Also P was up like half the night last night and we had some weird crazy lady outside our house that legit might have been there to kidnap our kid (DH even called the police he was so freaked out) so I am completely drained. And it's MONDAY. Ok rant over. Sorry for the novel but omg.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Ughhh...@winnie1122 that's a lot of stuff thrown into one day.  :(. Hope your week gets better from here.  Hugs!!!
  • So funny I was just wondering about food/meal times.  I have still been on the breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner train and I've noticed she hasn't been eating as much at meal time so I'm considering cutting snacks, or at least making them smaller. 

Girlfriend loves her milk.  I'm not exactly measuring but she generally drinks 3-3.5 sippys of milk a day.  She loves ice water as well...no hydration issues for sure. 

ugh @winnie1122 - hopefully when he gets home from work and both of you have had some time away you can chat it out and make a plan for the holidays.  Better to do it now than wait until the last minute and fight during the festivities and not be able to enjoy.
  • @winnie1122 oh man, i can't even imagine all this. I will say this though. I have a mom who is married, a stepdad that I'm close to, and my dad. Every other year we have to split holidays between all 3 of them. DH used to complain and pick a fight over the fact that he hated that we hsd to go to three places but for his family it was just one. So one year I just told him he either sucked it up and went and was happy or he could stay home by himself. I didnt chose to have this many parents in my life. I love each family dearly and they love us. So he could accept and stop making me feel guilty for their choices or he could stay home. I just dont think he realized that it wasn't my decision that they split up but I still deserved to be able to celebrate with all my loved ones. It gets better. With time.  

Hooe the crazy lady stays away. Hope today is better.  
  • Thanks ladies, sorry to use you as my emotional dumping ground but I already put DH through the wringer yesterday with it and I can't dump it on my students today lol. We had a good conversation about this a few weeks ago and said we would make decisions about holiday arrangements with all our families before November so we could relax about it, which is why I was so frustrated that we still blew up about it again yesterday. I know we'll figure it out somehow but it's really stressing me out since I'm the one family asks about setting up plans and they have already started. @babycakesday Thanks, I'm glad it has worked itself out for you and I really hope we get to that point too because I am close to both my parents and I just can't pick one like DH thinks we should do. I've tried telling him to just stay home, but the problem is he actually does choose to do that and then I just get mad even when I tell myself not to so it blows up anyway lol. So maybe that will work once I actually am ok with him not coming. DH and I are both very stubborn people, it can be problematic for these sorts of disagreements when we're both kind of right and both kind of wrong. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • @winnie1122 ugh...I'm so sorry that your parents are being childish. That's so frustrating! Neither you nor your husband should have to deal with it. You could tell mom and dad that you love them both but refuse to be used as a playing peice and that you will be hosting holidays. They have two choices, they can either choose to both come and play nice and enjoy their family or if they are unable to spend 2 hours being polite to each other, they have to decide who gets Thanksgiving and who gets Christmas. It will be really hard, but you should not feel torn or have to accommodate their toddler-esq temper tantrums. Much love to you and I know whatever way it does work out, it won't be easy. 
  • @babycakesday woot! Go you! And such an awesome friend, too. 

My kid completely skipped size 18mos. They still fit, but he's at the very top end. I just had to shell out $$$ for size 24mos/2T. Kid just had his first birthday HOW?!
  • @ftm53 - in the 2t boat here too!  I'm hoping this size will last a while.  My neighbor said that their little girl has been in 2t for almost 2 years...
  • FTM53FTM53 member
    edited September 2017
    @kmurdock925 that would be amazing

Anyone else's LO starting to get attached to an object? AJ has wanted his dinosaur blanket more and more recently 
  • M is skipping over 12 months fall/winter. I did 12 month summer stuff but I'm not going to bother with 12 months cold weather stuff. Winter is from November-April here in Ohio (eye roll and only a tiny bit exaggerating). I'd love so much if it lasted that long.  

M isn't attached to 1 particular yet, but I am noticing her being super snuglly/carrying stuffed animals and babies around. Which is so cute! 
  • Same with the snuggling stuffies!  She has had a favorite lovie for several months now but the love of soft toys has extended to playtime now :)  she gives love and hugs and kisses on them :)
  • OH YES to snuggling stuffed animals. We joke she gives more kisses to this soft monkey and her fox than any human, haha!!! She definitely loves animals!!

@winnie1122 I am so sorry to hear about the family woes. That is super sad! I hope that your parents find a way to remember you kids should be the priority and make holidays and family time easier to handle. I'm sure as things become more the norm, you and your DH will find a way to appease everyone, including yourselves!! It seems like a lot of change right now for you two, in a short period of time - new babies, new living dynamics - that would be tough for anyone!!! 

• Yea I don't have much in the 18 month clothes and will be buying 24/2t clothes from now on.  Elijah still fits in 12 month sizes (barely) but it doesn't make sense to me to buy 18 months if it won't last the whole winter.  
  • We've been buying 12-18 month stuff for winter. Our winter will last maybe nov to feb. And then everything for summer with be 24 or 2t. And I'll start putting it on once it warms even if its too big. 

J LOVES her stuffed cat snd her lovey. She ooo and ahhs them. She gives then kisses and makes us give then kisses. Its so cute but I have to wash them once shes asleep otherwise she loses it. 
  • Who has an instant pot? Worth the money? And why is it worth the money? I've been eyeing them for a close to a year... 
  • LDSJM123 said:
    Who has an instant pot? Worth the money? And why is it worth the money? I've been eyeing them for a close to a year... 
    I don't but I have friends who swear by them. Definitely appeals to me since I like crock pot meals but often forget to put them together in the morning! I guess the instant pot can do a roast in like an hour or something crazy. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • @winnie1122 so sorry to hear about your bad week and the tough family dynamic. I know it's not the same, but DH and I have the same arguments related to holidays, just with extended family. 

I'm so glad to hear others are trying to skip sizes and going the "baggy" route. DH is constantly asking why I'm buying winter clothes that are "too big" or look baby. Haha everything will fit eventually! I even feel like F can currently wear some of his things I purchased on the large side for last winter. For some reason I expected to have a chubby baby and it just never happened. 
  • Confession. 

M is cutting the teeth beside her top fronts. 

Shes miserable. We're piggy backing Advil/Tylenol and she's still pulling at her guns crying. So we broke down and got some baby orajel. I know it's advised against... but they still sell it. And it was encouraged when my 11 year old was a baby, and she's wicked smart, healthy, and well adjusted. It seemed to help M bit. 

#sorrynotsorry
  • @LDSJM123 poor baby :(  From what I understand- it is advised against because people were putting on too much which caused it to get on the tongue/throat so babies were choking because they were numb and couldn't use their natural reflexes to not swallow things properly.  So I think as long as its applied correctly you're likely ok ;-)
  • We use(d) those Hylands teething tablets which apparently also have a bad wrap. They work. She's had zero issues. I feel you! It's miserable watching them in pain!! 

We're invited to a baptism for some friends' baby. Do you bring gifts to these things?! If so what are some good ideas? We did not to this with L, so I'm kind of at a loss, lol. 
  • @TiffRox81 yes, generally gifts are given for a baptism. If you search Amazon for christening and or baptism gifts a bunch come up. Just don't do prayer beads unless the family is catholic (other Christian religions don't use them).