August 2017 Moms

Nursery plans

Re: Nursery plans

• @abbeyH love it! Where did you get the bookshelves? 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • AbbeyHAbbeyH member
    MrsVP614 said:
    @abbeyH love it! Where did you get the bookshelves? 
    IKEA spice racks!  
  • Loading the player...
  • All major projects are done in the nursery! We went with a classic/modern mix of Winnie the Pooh. We still need to do his half door and put the rest of his stuff away, and whatever we get next weekend from our baby shower!! Really happy with how it turned out.
    Me: 27 DH: 29

Diagnosed with PCOS: January 2009

1st D&C: Janaury 2009
    Dating: March 18, 2009
    Married: June 12, 2010
    TTC: January 1, 2011
    2nd D&C: June 5, 2011
    3rd D&C: August 3, 2011
    Dec 2016: BFP (due 8/5/2017)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bwing10 I like the poor theme!  We are doing a
    classic pooh theme too!  I can't wait to get it all finished! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @bwing10 the dresser is so cute,  did you do that yourself? 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @bwing10 the dresser is so cute,  did you do that yourself? 
    We did! My husband refinished the dresser and the bookshelf! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tova24 you look so ready! i'm impressed! 

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @tova24 - way more prepared than me! Everything is still sitting in the spare room - my Halo has been the diaper storage area lol. I think at 37 weeks I'll get everything moved in to place (I've been avoiding because I think it'll make the waiting harder lol).
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• tova24tova24 member
    Thanks! I even ordered baby-proofing supplies! I think next weekend I'm going to have a cleaning lady deep clean my apartment for me!

@JWatt5 my Halo was a great storage bin for a little while! 
  • EmyB30EmyB30 member
    @tova24 where did you find that cute little foot poof.....I need something similar for our nursery but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    @EmyB30 I went to Home Goods. @AbbeyH had an adorable one in her nursery and I asked her where she got it! I love it!!!!
  • EmyB30EmyB30 member
    I don't have a Home Goods  :( (I wish) but we have a TJ Maxx...I wonder if they would have one!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    @EmyB30 I think TJ Maxx or even target might have something similar. 
  • EmyB30EmyB30 member
    @tova24 no Target here either....but I may go to TJ Maxx this weekend and take a peek! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    @EmyB30 you could also order it from online. That might be easier
  • @tova24 I love the set up! You are definitely prepared for baby Landon. I commend you so much for being a single mama & rockin' it out!  B)
  • lewlivlewliv member
    I'm so jealous of all you ladies with beautiful nurseries! Unfortunately my nesting instinct came with a irrational desire to rip off carpets and get hardwood on my second floor. Contractor can't do it until last week of July or first of August so I can't do much.  :(
  • I have those exact same curtains @kristina2144!   I made them for our Dr. Seuss nursery!
  • We will still have our roommate so she's going to be set up in our room. I'm going to hang this up on the wall where her changing table is! I love it!!
  • Everyone's nurseries are looking so cute! Still fighting/debating DH :) he wants moon/stars theme (translated: Star Wars) and I want Adventure/mountains.

Question for those with experience: we bought one of those convertible cribs and they sell the toddle guard rail separately. I was planning to buy it now (registry completion discount and worried they may discontinue in the future or something) but it's $63 and all wood so looks like it would hurt if he did roll over into it and I'm thinking he would just try to climb on it and hurt himself. (This is all 2+ yrs down the road)

I'm seeing the cheaper mesh ones - would something like that be better?

Do toddlers fall out of bed a lot?
  • @Kaityrj we got a convertible crib but since DS is 2, we just moved the crib to the nursery and got him set up with a double bed. For now we just have the box spring and mattress in the floor. He hasn't rolled out yet. We have it in the corner against a wall and just put a body pillow on the outside of the mattress in case he rolls.
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    @Kaityrj - we bought the toddler rail that came with our crib--it was wooden and one of the rails stuck up too high and looked like it would be difficult for him to climb over, so we cut it off and sanded everything down, leaving just one rail to hold the mattress in. He never fell or slithered out of that little opening but I can see how it would be possible. I was paranoid of that gap between the two wooden rails. When we converted it to the full size bed, we bought one of those mesh ones. I prefer the one with the mesh.

Here's a picture before we removed the top rail.

We bought something like this when we converted the crib to a full size bed: 
    https://www.amazon.com/Regalo-Hide-Double-Sided-White/dp/B000HK6BCE/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1500643494&sr=8-3&keywords=toddler+mesh+bed+rail
  • Hey, I just finished making some curtains for the nursery but am looking for an easy way to tie them back. The curtains are on the short side, so just swooping them to the side won't work. Any ideas?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    edited July 2017
    @SpotConlon what about just using some ribbon? You could find a fun color to go with the dots. By the way, your curtains look super cute!
  • AbbeyHAbbeyH member
    @SpotConlon I think @tova24 has a good idea with the ribbon. You could do something like this--
  • SpotConlonSpotConlon member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks, @tova24. @AbbeyH I'm intrigued by this idea. I wonder if I can get away with not sewing it on. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SpotConlon I definitely think you could just throw it over the curtain rod and tie at the bottom - or if you want the tie to stay in the same position, just hand tack at the very top or machine stitch the front and back ribbon together on top of your stitch line for the top opening
  • I almost have everything done in the DIY nursery! I made crib skirt, crib bumpers (which I will remove once baby is using the crib), teething guard, quilt, and mobile (complete with matching sleeve to hide the white plastic piece). I also put his name above the crib on an extra crib piece that was sent to us due to our first crib being slightly damaged. Not pictured yet- I made frames to put his first hand print/foot print on, a throw blanket to keep on the rocker/glider of coordinating fabric, and a little shadow box/sign that says "the unicorns made me do it!". Just a few more things to hang up and put away and it should (finally) be done!
  • I love the way it turned out @littlebug2010 ! We did classic pooh for DS2. It's just so, classic! :) 
  • tova24tova24 member
    @Shannon Murray it's adorable! I love how your dog is sleeping by the sleepy sheep!
  • @littlebug2010 I love the way your Classic Pooh turned out! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you! Haha yes! He loves to make sure he gets in pictures! :)
  • Looks great, @middy411! Nice job figuring out the mixed use room!

• donehuedonehue member
    edited July 2017

DH is currently surrounded by females (and bostonians), so I worked with him to make the nursery for DS1 everything he loves (namely cars/f1/ny islanders/America). He just finished making the name sign from scrap metal so I'm not sure how much more done this room is going to get. The girls were super helpful in my attempts to take pictures: