15678911»

Re: IF/Testing Weekly Check In June 26

• edited July 2017
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div><a rel="nofollow">antoto</a> said:</div>
    <div><blockquote class="Quote">
    <div><a rel="nofollow">BusinessWife</a> said:</div>
    <div><div class="Quote">[@antoto said:]<b>
    Just like the vast majority of households need a dual income.</b>  </div>To me, <b><i>this</i></b> is the root of the problem.  So for me personally its chiefly an economic issue, or socioeconomic issue, not a feminist one.</div>
    </blockquote>
    Totally agree.  <b>The government needs to do more </b>to enable the middle class.  </div>
    </blockquote>
    LOL. Totally disagree.  The government needs to do <i>less</i> and get out of the way of regular, everyday people creating their own prosperity!  ;)

Agree to disagree.  Whatever the case may be, I will <i>always</i> chose the thing where the <i>government does less</i> and leaves people FREE to do more.  Self-determinism and the like.

ETA Re: edited portion.  Both partners having a viable employment option, for sure.  This job I have now has great potential for advancement if I were to stay there.  If I were to go back to teaching my Masters would allow me an Administrator's licence and they can make low six figures too.  But meanwhile I'm still just paying off a loan for a degree Im not really using.  But that's perhaps a topic for another day... lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Riiight. Bc I will be the first to say, generally speaking, the government should subsidize <i>NOTHING</i>!  Lol. For example, in regards to tuition, the only reason they CAN charge that much is bc the government is handing out the loans to cover it!  Lol
  • <div class=" Quote"><span>the high cost of tuition is definitely a many headed monster</span></div><span>This is totally true, and we're definitely not going to solve it today. ;)

</span>
  • @antoto LOL!!!! I saw that and was like WTF TB--you're making me look waaaaay too happy about PCOS!!!

Thank you, I appreciate that. And I'd love some recipe ideas  B) (that one was on purpose). Right now I want to cry over (my last) pizza and burrito and ugh all the foods!! :'(
  • @kiki75 my RE favors cabergoline- so next week when we hear back, that'll most likely be the one. Thank you for the heads up about constipation. I already struggle with that, so it's good to know!!

@vflux33 ah fuck. Sorry friend! 
  • @vflux33 ugh about your RE being wrong!  And worse about all your food sensitivities. I mean, I'm glad you found out do it helps you but I'm such a foodie so that my nightmare!
  • @purplg8r Yeah I'm freaking out. I don't know what I'm going to eat, but I'm so glad right now to at least not be a vegetarian. Some of the food restrictions are for PCOS (I'm NIR but she said it would still help and that if I'm not careful I could become IR in the future). I saw the mushrooms on the list and I was like "please let it just be mushrooms!!) NOPE. 

But the good news is if I actually make all these changes in addition to improving IF it should also help my skin and (TMI) fix my constipation issue so, I mean, better to know. I *might* be able to reintroduce goat cheese at some point. 
  • @vflux33 Goat cheese is my jam. That sucks. Would you mind sharing more of that list? My RE suggested lower GI carbs- but didn't give me any specifics. 
  • purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited July 2017
    @vflux33 Ok it totally sucks BUT at least you now have a better idea of what you need to be doing and what kinds of things could possibly help with your IF. What kinds of tests did you have done to find out about your PCOS and food sensitivities? I've struggled with *TMI chronic constipation most of my life and I'm wondering if maybe I need to look into that as well. What made them finally figure out it was PCOS? I mean even if you didn't have polycystic ovaries on US you could still have (and apparently do) fit into a PCOS diagnosis under the Rotterdam criteria. Shouldn't they have been checking your androgen levels? 
  • @vflux33 Ugh! Sorry to hear you have PCOS. I'm glad  you were able to get answers from your naturopath. Enjoy your week long food binge. On the bright side, even though it sucks to cut out all those foods at first, when I cut them out I felt so much better physically and mentally and in my jeans. Think ahead to that!
  • @vflux33 Thank you! I was so confused about some of the ingredients, but the allergies make more sense!
  • @vflux33 Definitely better late than never! I'm not on a special diet, just a regular old losing weight diet, but it feels great to be back in my old size (I've got like 4 sizes in my closet...) I'll keep my FX for you that your RE knows her stuff even though she's not great at listening. 
  • @vflux33 so sorry for the news but I hope this helps in terms of moving forward. I can totally relate to the food sensitivities I actually have eosinophilic esophagitis which means I have white blood cells in my esophagus (you're not supposed to have them there) because my body was fighting off allergens (food I was eating that I was allergic to and not aware of) and it was making my esophagus stiff and causing severe chest pain to the point where I was seeing a cardiologist. Wound up being the EOE which I found out after my GI ordered an endoscopy. Long story short I can't have dairy, gluten, eggs, wheat, nuts, fish, soy, apples or carrots. I walked out like okay doc so eating cardboard it is. Definitely tough and bland as f but I've started to incorporate some more foods. When I eat what I'm not supposed to (like last night after AF) I get that pain in the center of my chest where my esophagus is. Anyhow it's a tough pill to swallow but you learn ways to adjust. Enjoy your binge week!  I'm here for support if there's anything I can help with let me know! 

@antoto I'm totally open to recipes!!! And @adirat my fellow soy non eater, do you have any recommendations for prenatal vitamins that don't use soy? The only ones I've found have apples and carrots in them which I can't have either so I'm still on the hunt..
  • adiratadirat member
    @beachbunnyxo123 I have some allergen-friendly PNVs my mom got me (no soy, gluten, dairy). Unfortunately they have carrots as their source for vitamin A :(  They are Innate Response Formulas Baby & Me Multivitamin Complete Prenatal Support.

My OB gave me a box of samples that might work though? They are soy-free and gluten-free. The box doesn't list any of the other ingredients you named as a problem, though you may want to double check online.  They are DuetDHA Balanced Prescription Prenatal Vitamins. 

• @vflux33 yeah if I stray i definitely feel it but sometimes a cheat meal is worth it. DH is good about it he knows all my allergies and checks the labels at the grocery store for me. My nutritionist definitely doesn't want me cheating though because then it messes up when we're reintroducing foods. You adjust though. 

@adirat great sounds great! Thanks for the info!  <3
  • 50Wife50Wife member
    Damn @vflux33 I'm sorry. 
    Good news is you know what to work on and it should make a difference! 
    And what gal doesn't want to drop a few lbs too?? Binge this weekend for sure and just meal plan! I feel like most stuff like that is so do-able as long as you have a game plan. I mean, you obviously can't go to work anymore and just think eh, I'll pick up lunch somewhere.  
    I do Sundays as my food shopping and meal prep day. Maybe a certain day for that stuff would help? I actually bought a meal planning book from Amazon so I can write out every meal and a shopping list for the week.
     Sorry, lady. Enjoy your last meals...
  • Thanks @50Wife! I am not terrible at meal planning so I'm not worried about that part. It's just the restrictiveness by itself that feels kinda intense, but if it helps, that's motivation in and of itself. I just wish I could have 1 cheat day a week, but that would probably be too much cheating to make it worth it. :neutral:
  • @vflux33 I would actually suggest that you go on the Auto Immune Protocol diet for 3 months or so and then wean into a more paleo style diet.  AIP is pretty extreme but when you think about the possible benefit it makes it worth it.  
  • @antoto Thank you! I'll look that up now  :)
  • @Redpuma119 yeah I did it for 8 weeks.  It's difficult during that time but I still think it's worth it.
  • @kiki75 Yeah, good point. I haven't decided yet how truly strict to be so I probably won't be saying goodbye to pizza forever. And corn tortillas are still on the menu and I have a serious carnitas taco addiction, so at least I don't have to give those up. 
  • @kiki75 I think the doc was hoping for hundreds/thousands/millions but never told us what he was aiming for.  Since the quantity was so low, he suspects the quality will be as well and freezing wont be an option for us.  Scheduling a appt with the RE tomorrow so hopefully they have better news
    32 years old (both H and I)
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016
    12/2016 mental break from TTC-NTNP
    1/10/2017 initial appt with RE (all BW results WNL)
    1/17/2017 SA DX Virtual Azoo (3 sperm 0%morph 0%motility)
    1/18/2017 STP tubes clear
    2/1/2017 initial appt with Urologist
    2/15/2017 DX H Robertsonian Translocation
    H is on clomid and Theralogix Supplements
    6/26/17 repeat SA: 47 sperm 0% morph 13% motility
    7/26/17 IVF Consult, repeat SA (4 sperm)
    8/21/17 Starting IVF cycle with Donor Sperm backup
    9/1/17 ER ICSI PGS: only 2 donor embryos made it to freeze
    9/13/17 Started cycle for IUI with donor and clomid
    9/27/17 IUI canceled for overstim
    October Plan IUI with donor and low dose clomid

• @dragonette505 Thank you! I went gluten free for a few months earlier this year so I'm not at as bad of a starting place as I could be. It is intimidating, but already I've made a list of all the stuff I already cook that fits the new diet and I filled a whole page! So all is not lost. The AIP diet looks terrifying. I'm probably going to just start with what the naturopath recommended and tweak from there and only do AIP if I'm still having issues after a few months. I'd def read your blog if you made one on this!