November 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 6/19

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/19

• Options
    I didn't even know there was any type of "board" but I always mobile bump. Don't sign on my computer much at all. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @slaven that's annoying, glad you know baby is healthy and all that though! How does it feel to be back in the states?
  • Options
    @slaven That sounds really stressful - but at least there are perks to staying with your MIL! Mine is an OBGYN, but through 2.5 pregnancies hasn't offered anything like that! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
  • Options
    @slaven heyyyy good to see you back again!  :)
  • Options
    BayCampBayCamp member
    edited June 2017
    Question: my landlord/friend would like me to do some research work for him. He's wanting to start a new business and estimates he'll need me to do 10-20 hours a month of general internet research, nothing crazy. He's asking what I believe I should be paid hourly and also a monthly minimum so if he doesn't need me much I'll still get paid at least the minimum. 

He said it wont be time sensitive and all be able to be done from home. What do y'all think would be fair? 

Edit: meant to say month not week 
  • Options
    @BayCamp what kind of position would you equate it to? Initially I want to say $15-20 an hour, or $300-400 monthly minimum but normally I'd check what a similar position makes part time on Glassdoor and base it off of that. It's what I generally do for my own salary negotiations. 

• Options
    @BayCamp First of all, that sounds like a DREAM. Like if I saw that on craigslist I would immediately think "scam." and move on with my life. Luckily it's obviously legit because ~friendz~!

I agree with @DuchessOfCambridge. Whatever you find in your research, don't under sell yourself just because he's a friend (says the person who is constantly doing just that :# ). Work is work! I think $15 an hour with a $400 monthly minimum is the best deal for both of you!
  • Options
    BayCampBayCamp member
    edited June 2017
    Thanks! My initial thought was $10/hr because I undersell myself and he already gives us a steal on the rent. I needed to hear from outside people that my time is worth more! 
  • Options
    Meanwhile in India.... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-40341898

Oh oh dear lord!!!
  • Options
    @ShePersisted and this is why the gov should stay out of medicine and leave it to people who have spent almost a decade studying it...like doctors.

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge  The gov is religiously motivated which is what drives stuff like this. While I don't object to any religious beliefs. To each their own but I do find it infuriating if it's not backed by science. 
  • Options
    @ShePersisted I saw that headline this week. Talk about semantics... "We didn't say 'no sex'!" Although, how the terms "detach from from desire and lust" can mean anything else is beyond me. 

Also, nutrition is important during pregnancy - leave that to women and their doctors!
  • Options
    @ShePersisted our gov here tends to be religiously motivated as well. The problem is that we're not all necessarily the same religion as the gov so why does it matter what their religion says if ours says something different? Not knocking India at all, just gov involvement in medicine in general. There are tons of religious doctors and I bet they'd be great at helping out with stuff like this! Incorporating the science but still upholding the values of religion. I actually am good friends with a religious doctor and ask her questions all the time when I get conflicting information from science vs religion :)

Sorry if this got political! I just really like doctors.

• Options
    After reading their food restrictions all I have to say is.... aren't raw sprouts frowned upon? That's what the sign at the grocery store says haha
  • Options
    am+mommy said:
    After reading their food restrictions all I have to say is.... aren't raw sprouts frowned upon? That's what the sign at the grocery store says haha
    That's exactly what came to my mind! 
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge Are you doing a reveal?

• Options
    @kissthesky32 we are, on July 8. She knows, she's just joking around with me trying to get me to slip up.

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I would pop if i knew but had to keep it to myself for weeks! I'm impressed! 

• Options
    @kissthesky32 I thought I would burst too but it's surprisingly easy to flat out lie to people's faces. 
  • Options
    I can't wait to tell my mom tomorrow when I pick DS up after my A/S that I don't know what I'm having yet.  Haha.  She'll have to wait until we open the envelope and I know she won't believe me!  Hahaha

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    bcashaw said:
    @kissthesky32 I thought I would burst too but it's surprisingly easy to flat out lie to people's faces. 
     :D YES. This scares me about myself. 
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge That's exactly what I did to my husband to drive him to do his reveal sooner  :D
  • Options
    With DS2 we did not reveal his name until after he was born. Family tried so hard to get us to slip up but we never did. I gave little subtle hints but no one guessed his name correctly. It actually started to get a little annoying towards the end. This time around we are not going to reveal the name either but have told everyone we don't have a name picked out yet. We are going to stick with that story until she is born. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We've always shared gender but never names until baby is born. No one has ever come close to guessing names and it surprisingly made me so super happy  :D
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We're not sharing names either, but if we settle on one before the baby shower, I'll get a monogram to put above baby's crib that'll double as a guestbook (we did the same for our wedding). One of the baby shower games will be having people guess the name :)

• Options
    So burnt. Went to the pool today and just got fried. :( of course I lathered up the kids and they are fine, but I didn't tend to myself. 
  • Options
    So burnt. Went to the pool today and just got fried. :( of course I lathered up the kids and they are fine, but I didn't tend to myself. 
    This . Every single time. HOW HARD IS IT TO PUT SUNSCREEN ON MYSELF AT THE SAME TIME AS I PUT IT ON THE KIDS!?!
  • Options
    @bcashaw @08-16-08jms sorry about your burn. My kids never burn, I'm always super careful. My mom had skin cancer so I'm always so careful. I even put it on myself regularly but i always miss a spot and it burns every single time. 
  • Options
    foxaírtfoxaírt member
    edited June 2017
    @08-16-08jms oh you poor thing skin is more sensative and susceptible to sun damage while pregnant too .

My posts always get cut off
    I've suggested if it's bad 
    Try washcloths soaked in chilled strong tea
    The tannin has anti-inflammatory properties it helps draw the heat out . Follow up with a moisturizing aloe gel to rehydrate and help repair the skin
  • Options
    @slaven Welcome back to America. How have you adjusted to the time difference? How did you manage to find a place so far out from your move date? Or is YH moving before you?
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    My belly button is gearing up to be an outie :open_mouth: I had a pretty deep innie before and now it looks like a squashed innie. So weird looking!