November 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 6/19

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    av2323av2323 member
    @ooodalollly & @DuchessOfCambridge  So exciting!  I can't wait to hear the results.  
  • Options
    Monday morning off to an interesting start. I disclosed my pregnancy to the HR coordinator this morning. Went well, till she mentioned one little piece of info - the paid leave. When I was interviewing, I pushed for the policy on paid leave thinking that I wouldn't need it for a long time. I was told (in writing) 6 weeks paid. That to me means full salary paid. HR coordinator today said the firm's maternity leave benefits are whatever is provided by STD.  WHAT?! That covers only 70% salary up to a cap, which for me is far less than 70% of my salary. That would be a major major change in the financial plans. I was already planning to take only the 6w plus whatever is left for the year of my use or lose time. Definitely going to push for full salary benefits as that is what they committed to in writing when I was hired. 
  • Options
    @ooodalollly @DuchessOfCambridge SO exciting! Have fun and good luck! I hope you get to find out the sex (if that's what you want) and have no stubborn and shy babies today!
  • Options
    Good luck on your a/s today ladies! 

My random today is that red ants are an evil species. I tried to mow the lawn at our new house this weekend and got attacked twice! My feet and ankles have so many bites that itch so bad and I even have one on my hand from trying to get them off of me.
  • Options
    Silly baby shower question: I had offered to buy my own invitations because I love ones that are printed for you, but my friend hosting turned me down and wants to get them for me. I also found cute ones on Amazon, but they are fill in, and I don't know how I feel about that. They are, however, significantly cheaper than ordering printed invitations.

Sigh. This is so silly. I don't know what I want.

• Options
    DH starts his new job today and put a/s is Friday, so YAY for this week!! 

Im feeling a bit overextended today though, we had a crazy weekend and now I'm headed to pick up our 15yo niece so she can stay with us the next 2 days. Also picking up my cousins 12 and 7 year old girls and taking the whole mess and DS to the mall to walk around since it's raining. Wish me (and my wallet) luck! 
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I prefer printed. But could you possibly create your own, similar to the ones you like, and have them printed for cheaper at Staples or something? If you're worried about the cost I mean. 
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I prefer printed. But could you possibly create your own, similar to the ones you like, and have them printed for cheaper at Staples or something? If you're worried about the cost I mean. 
    Yes to the printed. Try looking for a deal on a place like Shutterfly or VistaPrint. I got 50 invites for my sister's shower printed for less than $20 about a month ago on Shutterfly. (I also ordered something else that brought me above the free shipping threshold.)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @ooodalollly @kissthesky32 my hesitation is that there are two invites I love, one for a boy one for a girl, and they are cheap if you only need to buy 25 but expensive if you need more than that, which I do. The staples thing is a good idea though! I'll have to look some more. I do prefer printed as well, I think they just look nicer. I'm not paying for them but that doesn't mean I want my friend to spend a lot either.

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge Totally understandable. Another option would be to contact an Etsy artist who can make something like the ones you love and then email you the file to print somewhere yourself. 

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I think making and printing your own is a great idea. I was going to make my SIL's invite but ordering from Vistaprint ended up being easier. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I'm obsessed with mix book and will definitely be making my birth announcements on there. I think my mom wants to design my shower invites but if she doesn't that's probably where I'll be going 
  • Options
    @ElizabethSchuyler @bcashaw I'm 0% creatively inclined so I don't think I could make or design my own but an editable PDF that I could then send to Staples for printing sounds perfect. I'll have to check out Vistaprint too. @bcashaw you'll have to share what you end up designing! (if you want to)

• Options
    @MississippiCatfish What is a dockatot?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @MississippiCatfish where!?!?! 
    @DuchessOfCambridge I will definitely post my invite when the time comes!
  • Options
    @MississippiCatfish What is a dockatot?
    It's just one of the new sleep contraptions. It's a breathable little pillow that baby sleeps on when they're little. All 3 of mine have been terrible sleepers, so I'm willing to try anything. 

@DuchessOfCambridge @bcashaw  I bought on a local BST FB group. I've seen one used go for less than $100 so I was skeptical, but it was in perfect condition! It helped that I happened to have graduated from HS with the girl selling it, which made me trust her more for some reason. Worst case scenario - baby sleeps terrible regardless and I resell it for the same price. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @curiousfool1 great news! Glad all went well!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH finally put up the shelf in the laundry room to hold our cleaning supplies so we now have room in our bathroom closet. Now if I can just get him to paint the deck and clean the garage :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So DH and I have a name we are considering. However, my best friend from HS named her daughter the feminized version of our name (which is very similar). We have naturally grown apart over the years due to living so far away from each other. We still keep in touch but not very often (just a couple of times a year plus the occasional FB contact). I wouldn't choose the same name as a friend I see all the time, but is it silly for me to worry about it in this situation?  It's a semi-common name (much more common for a boy name than girl).  Advice?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @liz4382 Use it! If she lived right next door, I would probably still tell you to use it.
    Yes

• Options
    But what does it mean to be on the leaderboard. How did i get there?

• Options
    @liz4382 Use it! If she lived right next door, I would probably still tell you to use it.
    Yes
    I completely agree! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    But what does it mean to be on the leaderboard. How did i get there?
    I think it means you bump too much. Lol
    True, but I still don't get it. Is it based on number of posts or likes or discussions or what?

ETA Hi @slaven!