November 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 6/19

1235»

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BayCamp seriously? What did she spend so much on the boob job that she can't afford to buy her own new bras?! Sounds like a way to brag about her new cup size  :p  

That's pretty much what I got out of it as well. "Look at me!! I'm getting boobies!!!" 

I'm all for elective surgery if it's your choice to do so, but a booby shower made me stabby. 
  • Options
    @BayCamp It would make me stabby too. You've elected to make your boobs bigger for no reason other than aesthetics. Pay for the wardrobe upgrade yourself and stop being an attention whore!
  • Options
    @NYTino24
    I love the sustainability of hand me down and across . 
    We don't really do the registry thing here so I get it when people might not like them but I also get its less about wanting to pick what you get and more about guiding  people away from things you don't need or want which to me is a way of reducing waist. And I'm 100% for that I don't really thing either way is 'rude' but defiantly just different ways of looking at it
    For me I usually know the people who are having babies well enough to go 'off registry' with personal things I know they'll like or want or even come to expect from me (eg a hand crochet blanket ) and if not then happy to ask what they need or what are they missing i suppose a regestry answers this question while preserving the surprise nature of a gift. It can be hard cause it seems like asking for stuff but equally hard to be inundated with unnecessary gifts. 

This LO is also number #13 of the cousin batch and our first with the open asumption/hope/intention for more 
    We are team green so have gotten some newborn size neutrals from my parents and some little unisex outfits for bigger size we picked (2) that we like and just wanted to get. But largely we are set either way after that  with 2nd hand from cousins especially if it's a girl as there's 9 of them already.  
    And honestly we don't want lots of stuff . And are happy to take things 2nd hand people are finished with . With the exception of the cot /bedroom set which we want to buy new for our children .we'll pick a sustainably made convertible style and it'll last our family. And cloth nappy stash since we'll be the first to cloth . The rest we'd love to keep sustainable and reused and not in excess. Luckily for us most our friends and family know this and over the last few years have been mindful in gifting to us . So hopefully they keep the same concious consumer attitude to our baby and only get things they know we'd of picked . 
    We (personally) don't do showers . Altho some do here its not as common or expected. Which I think helps in not having to ask people not to gift clothing or any other prefrence as any gifting is done quite personally and only really by family and close friends who know what we are after anyway .
    So far everything the baby owns is only 1/2 filling a 30L container awaiting washing. That's blankets wraps and clothes or bibs. And probably won't get added too much to until after they are born . Obvious items like cot and cars seat and essential items that are larger like that aside I'm not really sure we need more than that box will hold especially when I know people will want to buy things for Christmas so anything that can wait the 7 weeks likely will. Like next size up nappies 
    I don't know maybe I'm delusional 

I think the little verse is a nice way of informing people where you stand on it without making any assumption or putting any pressure that people will gift at all 
    Also the bigger picture that they only stay little for a short time and if you have much of what you need already or can get it without getting new things than investing in setting up their future is a really lovely way to welcome them 

( obviously this is just my opinion and nothing more intended )

• Options
    @BayCamp no. Just, no. 

• Options
    @BayCamp I'm with @ooodalollly - if it was her and a couple of girlfriends, I can see it being silly and fun. I would definitely go if one of my close friends had a farewell tiny tatas party. But a for real shower and expecting gifts? That's just weird and uncomfortable and AW-ish.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @BayCamp great idea..maybe I'll throw a shower for every pound I drop after the baby and have people buy me clothes a size smaller ..hey I'm doing all the hard work to lose weight! The world owes me! 
    Hahahaha Haha.... you win the day!

@BayCamp I'd be all

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @BayCamp great idea..maybe I'll throw a shower for every pound I drop after the baby and have people buy me clothes a size smaller ..hey I'm doing all the hard work to lose weight! The world owes me! 
    You win today!!

@BayCamp I'd be all

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @baycamp let us all pray that hallmark does not hear word of this and start making it a thing. 

@foxairt I think it totally makes sense to be minimalistic with baby stuff if that's how you want to do it. Let's be honest small babies call sleep in a padded box no problem.
    Also I totally forgot that Christmas was so close to baby's birthday which almost makes me cringe when I think of all the stuff I'm sure we will get .
     I agree that when littlies are little it makes more economical sense to dress them in hand me downs. That being said, I have bought a few clothing items because I just can't help it and I do not intend to try to prevent others from buying clothing if they wish.