January 2018 Moms

Names

what are your name ideas?

Re: Names

• Loading the player...
  • @EmilyLove25 is Rex short for something?
  • I'm just going to get this out of the way now: when I was pregnant with DD, I KNEW she was a girl weeks before we found out. I stupidly made a deal that if it was a girl, I could pick the name (obviously not if he hated it), and if it was a boy he could pick the first name... sweetly, he wants to name him--if it is a boy--after his grandfather... but, y'all the name is Rex  :s Needless to say I impulsively approved it YEARS ago, and here we are with a 50% chance of a Rex  :'( (obvi I do not like the name, lol).
    That's a tough one. Will he compromise and use Rex as a middle name?
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• @EmilyLove25 That's too bad!  Maybe a compromise and Rex could be a middle name??  

We've decided on Harper Elizabeth for a girl and Lachlan James for a boy.
  • @emilylove25 That's a tough one... But there are a LOT of guys who go by their middle name instead of their first name. Just sayin'.  ;)
  • Ideas are:

Oliver Stephen
    Fiona Harper

Its still kind of up in the air though. I chose Oliver years ago, but am having second thoughts because of how popular it's gotten.

@EmilyLove25 I'm sure you guys can come to an agreement on a name you both love. :heart:
  • Cat&SCat&S member
    Likely Cooper or Liv. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Girl: Odessa Grace
    Boy: Wyatt Lee (most likely. Still playing around with boy names)
  • Girl: Ivy Whitney
    Boy: Ronan Roy

the first names are names we like, and the middle names are family names: Whitney was my Grandmother's maiden name, and my middle name before I got married. Roy was my Grandfather's first name, and his first two initials were RR as well. Both my grandparents are deceased.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Girl- Ophelia Ruth 
    Boy- Gideon Peter 

Middle names are family names.  
    Child 1 has a 1 syllable name, 2 has a 2 syllable name, 3 has a 3 syllable name, so we feel some pressure with 4 to do a 4 syllable name.   :o  
  • I have no idea. I've given ideas and my husband shoots them down. I love my firsts name, Banner. He's named after the hulk and I love it.  But it's a pretty different name so I don't know what to do about another. If it's a girl I really love the name Lucy. But it'll likely be a boy since that all my husband makes. Haha so I have no clue. I haven't really though of boy names because when I do I'm like, meh. 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haha we have not discussed at all. Probably won't until after the anatomy scan & finding out the sex.
    DH didn't like any of my ideas for DS. His requirements were: standard English spelling, not too out there, and a good nickname. We ended up with Zachary (Zach). I like Max for another boy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• A boy is Robert after both our grandfathers. The middle name is up in the air... he either wants Robert Gordon the second or Robert Gustaf which is another family name. I want Robert Vincent.... 

Girl will be Bonita after my Granmother
    Bonita Amelia or
    Bonita Azel... not sure yet. 
  • I have ZERO boy names but a thousand girl names. I think I'll just wait until I find out the sex and go from there
  • Girl: Aurora Grace
    Boy: Maximus Allen

Both middle names honor important people in my family
  • Girl: Makena Ava
    Boy: Odin ...

Boy names are hard!  DS is Tristan Edward.  Edward after my grandfather.  Tristan after Legends of the Fall. I feel like we tapped out after coming up with his name. Odin is the front runner because I don't completely hate it and it doesn't completely suck with our single syllable last name.  I want to use James for the middle name since it was my grandfather's middle name, but DH isn't convinced.   We have had our girl name picked since we got married. It is the name of the place in Maui where we were married.  Such a beautiful place.  Kind of leaning team pink this time.  It would alleviate name drama.
  • Girl- Abigayle Rose
    Boy- Thomas Charles

I am not a big fan of misspelling names, but my grandma's name Gayle, and her birthday is around my due date.  Thomas would be after my dad and Charles is DHs middle name and a family name.
  • No girl names picked yet. If DS1 had been a girl we would have named him Eleanor but I don't want to use that now due to its popularity.

If we have a third boy I like Nathaniel or Alexander but MH strongly prefers Sean. It will be hard to come to an agreement. 
  • Girl: Alexa Suzanne
    Boy: ???

Boy names are so tough for us. DS is Blake and we absolutely love that name. We can't agree on anything. I like Shea and Blair. DH hates them but has no ideas of his own. Praying for a girl. Lol. We had our girl name picked out since my first pregnancy so we are sticking with that. Lexus was my childhood dog, so we are using a spin off of that. Suzanne was my mom's name who is no longer with us. It's also my middle name. 
  • Love reading everyones ideas for names!

Girl: McKinley Jo or Kennedy Jo
    Boy: Lincoln Joseph

MH is a history teacher and likes the idea of using first names that are presidents last names and while I wasn't sold at first I do like a lot of the options presented! Jo or Joseph has family meaning from both my and MHs family
  • Oh gosh.. this is a topic we're both avoiding right now! We only had one girl name leftover after DD was born and now I'm not liking it as much. We have quite a few boy names though! 
    Levi
    Adam
    Marcus
    Jonah
  • We both like Paige.  I've always wanted Marie as a middle name, it's my moms middle name and my grandmothers first (she may not make it to meet this LO).  BUT, my step daughters middle name is Maria and DH doesn't want Marie because it's similar.  What do you all think?  Would that be weird?
    Me: 36 DH: 34
    TTC our first together since Aug 2015
    MC 4/2016 and 8/2016
    IUI #1-3 with Clomid - BFNs
    IUI #4-6 with Follistim - BFNs
    IVF March, (6R, 5M, 4F, 2 sent for PGS, 1 normal girl)
    FET May 1st, Beta #1-73, Beta #2-150, Beta #3-708
  • If it's a boy my husband's family has a tradition of naming boys with RD initials. Our son's name is Rhett Dylan. We'll follow the RD trend for another boy as well but I'm not super fond of R names so that will be really hard- it took forever to convince my husband of Rhett and I pretty much shot all the names he came up with. Anyone have any suggestions? We like Daniel for the middle name so that's pretty much settled but the first name,
    aghhh.

If we have a girl we had the name Selah picked out when I was pregnant with my son but now I'm not sure if I like it as much. He loves the name Ivy but I'm not sold on that one. 
  • We both like Paige.  I've always wanted Marie as a middle name, it's my moms middle name and my grandmothers first (she may not make it to meet this LO).  BUT, my step daughters middle name is Maria and DH doesn't want Marie because it's similar.  What do you all think?  Would that be weird?
    I don't think it's weird at all. That name has meaning to you. 
  • You all are very creative. I am not really. I like traditional names. 

Boy: Alexander Liam 
    Girl: TBD

Our boy name is from round one when we had DD. I really like Isabella for a girl but DH isn't sure about that. If it is the boy DH wants to Nickname him Lex  (like Lex Luther, gag me lol) 
  • sbishop426 said:the
    If it's a boy my husband's family has a tradition of naming boys with RD initials. Our son's name is Rhett Dylan. We'll follow the RD trend for another boy as well but I'm not super fond of R names so that will be really hard- it took forever to convince my husband of Rhett and I pretty much shot all the names he came up with. Anyone have any suggestions? We like Daniel for the middle name so that's pretty much settled but the first name,
    aghhh.

If we have a girl we had the name Selah picked out when I was pregnant with my son but now I'm not sure if I like it as much. He loves the name Ivy but I'm not sold on that one. 
    Ryan David
    Reese David
    Riley Drake
  • @Ready4theParty thanks for the suggestions. My husband's name is Reece and he has a cousin named Ryan so that's out. I like Riley but my husband thinks it's become a girl name. It's a contender in my book lol 
  • mamayogini3mamayogini3 member
    edited June 2017
    I know this feeling well @emilylove25
      When I was pg with DD we were team green and DH wanted is grandpa's name for a boy... that name being Clifford!! Clifford??? Ugh the name makes me want to puke. I told him this with much apologies. He got it, a bit heartbroken, but he understood. 

PS I think Rex is such a fun name but I know we all have our own tastes. I would be upfront and honest, yet gentle. And maybe keep the option for it as a MM
  • If it's a boy my husband's family has a tradition of naming boys with RD initials. Our son's name is Rhett Dylan. We'll follow the RD trend for another boy as well but I'm not super fond of R names so that will be really hard- it took forever to convince my husband of Rhett and I pretty much shot all the names he came up with. Anyone have any suggestions? We like Daniel for the middle name so that's pretty much settled but the first name,
    aghhh.

I have the same problem with "JC" names...We absolutely HAVE to go with the tradition. If not, I'll be tortured for the rest of our lives blah blah blah. it's hard to come up with J names. I love E and C names. Yea, not fun.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Girl: NO IDEA. We like Jayci *again with the "JC" tradition, not truly a fan.... I like Josie.

Boy: Jensen or DH's choice....... Jett ....cmon.... someone throw me a bone here.

Ideas for J names girl and boy? I don't care for Jaden (too many close family members with similar names) and I can't do the Juniors...

I love E names.

Girl: Ellie

Boy: Ellis

But nooooooo....

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @britmanering73

Boy: Jack (my #1), Jacob, James, Jaxon, Jordan

Girl: Juno, Jane, Jade, Julia, Juniper, Joy

I could go on and on. There's so many good J names.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• @britmanering73 We have to go with the tradition too or his family will be upset. I absolutely love the name Wyatt but my MIL was visiting this weekend and I happened to mention it to her and she looked all offended and asked why we wouldn't keep the RD names going... ugh! Sigh. 

I think Jillian for a girl would be pretty cute! My neighbor's little girl has that name and she's precious. 
  • @missblaze Jacob is my husbands' name, Jack is his moms boyfriend, Jordan is DSS, Jaxon is his best friends son, and James is super used, but you're definitely sweet to help! I liked Janie, he said no. He's not a fan of Juniper or Joy. He's just weird. I had to pick the weird one LOL.

@sbishop426 It's like...because it's OUR baby not yours!!! It drives me insane. His is his dad and himself. They HAVE to have it. We already have his son from his previous marriage with Jordan Chase. He can help the family line goodness....

I love Jillian! He said no...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @britmanering73 There are so many more! Just go into the Baby Names search and look for J names. My DD's middle name is Jane after my mom and I LOOOOOVE it.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• DH's middle name is Carlysle, and I've always thought that would make such a pretty girl name for some reason. So, if we have a girl, we will name her Liza Carlysle....and call her by both names because I'm from the South and double names is just what we do :)

We cannot agree on a little boy's name. I really like Jack. DH doesn't like any of my suggestions, though.
  • @EmilyLove25, I am kind of in the same boat as you. My DH wants to name the baby after his grandmother if it is a girl, Beatrice. I just do not love it for a first name. I would love it as a middle name, but he keeps getting all hurt when I say I dont like it. Then he keeps saying I picked our sons name, but I am like you love that name as soon as I said it, so its not far that you would make me name our child a name I do not like. It stinks! 
    BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
    BFP #2 7/1/14  |  DS born March 2015
    BFP#3 5/22/17 | MC 6/17/17 at 7w3d
  • @mamayogini3 Thank you for sharing your experience! And yikes to Clifford. Thank you also for saying you like the name Rex, in case I am not strong enough to break his heart! Really hoping I can talk him into it for a middle name! 

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020