January 2018 Moms
Options

Names

Re: Names

• Options
    I have no idea on boy names... For girls we like Olivia & Amelia..
  • Options
    For a girl our front runners are Dorothy and Flora.
    Boys front runners are Lewis and Leo.
    We have a really hard time with names so we have a running list. These will probably change as we get closer to delivery. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Okay...we've been discussing and DH and I are FINALLY on the same page with a Girl name. 

Girl: Everly (Evie) or Emerson (Emmy)

Boy: I like Jensen. He likes..... Jett. :(

I'm at a loss ladies. I don't think I'm going to win this battle.. God love our DHs...  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    whitta1015whitta1015 member
    edited June 2017
    We cannot agree on any boy names to save our lives. Maybe it'll be easier when we actually know if it's a boy or a girl.
    I kind of like Henry for a boy. His granddad's name is John Henry, so I thought it would be cute. Is it too old school? DH isn't crazy about it but I could probably get him on board.
  • Options
    @hunt_adventure_society I just saw that you said your stepson's name is Henry. Do you like it? I try to picture myself calling him across the playground. haha
  • Options
    @whitta1218 my next door neighbor has a little boy named Henry. It's a really cute name, but is growing in popularity. If it bothers you to have a popular name for your child definitely check the social security website for your areas most popular names. If popularity doesn't bother you, Henry is a great name that grows well from kid to adult. My neighbors call their son Hank the Tank because he's a chubby little dude, it's hilarious.
  • Options

Okay...we've been discussing and DH and I are FINALLY on the same page with a Girl name. 

Girl: Everly (Evie) or Emerson (Emmy)

Boy: I like Jensen. He likes..... Jett. :(

I'm at a loss ladies. I don't think I'm going to win this battle.. God love our DHs...  

It reminds me of Bennie and the Jets, which isn't a bad thing. I would just be singing it all the time:)
  • Options
    @britmanering73  DS is Ellis.  I Love his name so much, but it was a serious fight to get DH to agree! Love your girl name choices. 

I'm really struggling to find names I like that sound good with Ellis. For a boy we were leaning toward Easton, but I don't want people thinking I'm just naming my kids after author Bret Easton Ellis.  And we are hopelessly lost for a girl's name.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We haven't even thought about names yet! Here is my dilemma. Both of my children already have names that start with "J". My husband and I do not have J names.  It just worked out that I liked those names. To make it worse I still like a lot of "J" names. Do I avoid a 3rd J name so it doesn't seem gimmicky? I just love the name Jane and it was my grandmothers name so it's going to be on the list. Advice please! 
  • Options
    @maueraa07 I love the name Easton. So cute.

@trudytudy I say go for it. DD has an "A" name and we have picked out Alexander if it is a boy. Also all my sisters step kids names start with "G". So I don't think it would be strange at all.
  • Options
    @trudytudy you do you, girl! My mom is one of 3 "J" siblings and I hardly even notice. Also, Jane?? Love so much!! 
  • Options
    @maueraa07, I LOVE the name Ellis. I ran it by DH, and  he gave it a solid "no." I'm bummed, because it was at the top of my list. 
  • Options
    @trudytudy I LOVE the name Jane. It's DD's middle name after my mother.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    @maueraa07 I LOVE the name Easton! It's been on my name list for years. Just trying to decide if it's too close to DS's name Adrian. 
  • Options
    @trudytudy I Love that name and it has family significance:) I say go for it!
  • Options
    @maueraa07 I LOVE Easton and Ellis. That is my best friends girls name she chose! I wanted that for a girl and DH said it sounded preppy. Alas, my head is spinning. He wants the "J" moniker too but I love E names for boys. Arghhhh...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My coworker named his son Ellis, I think it's cute. Also much better than most of his ideas, IMO. He wanted cowboy names and aggressively Italian names (his family is Italian but his last name is not) and his wife wanted super old school Biblical names.

He emailed us all an announcement of the birth of "Hendrix Macgyver-Sonny _____" and kind of forgot to tell us it was a joke for several weeks, and because all of those names had been on his list we were forced to consider that that was what they had actually gone with.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    Haha! @bainidhedub while reading your post I was thinking "Hendrix is kind of a cool name"
  • Options
    @trudytudy I don't think it's a bad name, but it was also one of the tamest they were thinking about. He seriously wanted "Sonny" as a first name for a while there.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    The hubby and I haven't been discussing names yet, but I have a list I've been keeping for a couple years for when baby #2 decided to come along. 

For girls my favorite ideas so far are: 
    Macy Claire
    Abigail Claire 
    Amelia Grace

For boys, we'll probably go with a family middle name (kind of a tradition for DH's family). DS1 is Levi Patrick, both family names. My favorite ideas so far are: 
    Caleb Matthew (Matthew is DH's name)
    Aaron William (William is my dad). 
  • Options
    @hmylnch84 DS is Patrick. It was his given name when we adopted him. I would have never chose it but it fits him so perfectly and now I love it! ;)
  • Options
    windywomanwindywoman member
    edited June 2017
    hmlynch84 I LOVE the name Levi! DH is not feeling it though. Maybe I can bribe him! 

Cecelia Ann is the only name we agree on. ( My Grandmother's name was Anna Cecelia) We have said we would use this name for years but, now I am not so sure.  I am kinda losing interest in it. 

As for boys the only one we kinda sorta like is Alex. Which is DH name though he does not go by it. I think we are sorta saving it as a last resort if we cannot agree. 
  • Options
    @aimsforyou2014 - I love Baby Name! We've been using it for a while now even though we're pretty set on names. It's fun to see what we match on.
  • Options
    @aimsforyou2014 love that app! We used it with DD and had hardly any matches. Same story again with this one. Sigh.
  • Options
    @aimsforyou2014 I absolutely adore the name Anderson. It's definitely a runner up this time around! 
  • Options
    So far, we've found 2 names for each that we both like. I'm still looking, but dh is a little picky and we have very different naming styles so it will probably be one of these four. 
    For girls we like Josephine or Mabel (although dh keeps trying to insist we spell it Mable for some reason). Middle name will either be Patricia or Paula.
    For boys, we like Owen and Walter. Middle name will be either George or Travis most likely. 
    Other names that are on our maybe list are Amelia, Ellinor, Oliver, Chloe, Edith, and Henry. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BSJMMBSJMM member
    Girl: Isla Elizabeth (my middle name)
    Boy: Kai Ioane (husband's middle name)
  • Options
    I curious about this app!  It sounds like fun.

@aimsforyou2014
    Eevee is on my short list for a girl, short for Evalyn in honor of my grandmother (or Evelyn if I want to be nice and do a normal spelling).  I feel in love with the nickname years ago in The Mummy movie franchise, but we're both geeks so the fact that there's a Pokemon with the same name doesn't bother us at all. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    Ditto to enjoying the baby name app! Only problem is I'm on it a lot more than DH SO matches  are slim ;)
  • Options
    Did you guys using the app buy the extra packs? A lot of the reviews were complaining that if you don't the list is pretty short and has lots of weird names.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @bainidhedub - I didn't but we were already pretty set on names and were just looking for fun. 
  • Options
    You all made me want to get the app and yes very weird names but some I actually like. DH and I only have 3 matches and they were no where near what we thought LOL should be fun!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bainidhedub yes, I paid for the extra packages. I love using it because I have discovered DH and I both actually like some more creative names. I would have never guessed he would have like Luna - but he did. 
    *********************************** TW *****************************************
    BFP #1 Dec 2015 - CP Dec 2015 
    BFP #2 Jan 2016 - MC March 2016 
    BFP #3 May 2017 - Down Syndrome dx @ 12 wks - MC August 2016 

BFP #4 November 2017 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hmlynch84 Amelia Grace is a name I was thinking about. It is very sweet!

DH is dead set that baby is a boy and that he will be named Jack. But I can't get him to give an opinion on a middle name other than that we won't be doing two of them, and he isn't crazy about using his name or middle name. 

I am also really hesitant to name baby for anyone. We have a lot of family and that is a can of worms that I don't want to open. 
  • Options
    I've been eyeing this thread for awhile. We haven't discussed names and probably won't until third tri. It was such a process with DS that I don't think we are quite ready LOL. I do have a running list on my phone for when the time comes.

Last night, DH did mention that he thinks this one is a girl. So I said that if that's the case I have a top name contender, Louise. Shockingly, he is good with that (for now). He knows it's an important family name on my side and he knows where it comes from so I think it tugs at his heart strings too.
  • Options
    We're having a girl! But we won't actually start discussing names for a little bit. I of course have had a list since DD was born almost 3 years ago! 

Middle name will be Carol (after my grandmother)

Grace 
    Eloise
    Jane 
    Hannah
    Harriet
    Alice
    Anna
    Margaret (Maggie)
    Clare 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Love daydreaming about baby names. <3
    We have a Hannah Alexandra and I am leaning toward Calliope Marie if we have another girl, which we are hoping for. I think DH is on board with it too.
    For boys we are not really sure, I want something like Daniel or Joshua or James and he wants Henry or Stuart after his grandfather/father. Henry aka Hank is a cute name but I don't think Hank flows with our last name that starts with a "k" sound. Stuart is just a hard pass for me but will likely be a middle name. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    @crizz13I vote for Eloise! :) Congrats on the girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker