June 2017 Moms

When 9 months becomes 9 weeks

124»

Re: When 9 months becomes 9 weeks

• @awoodruff27 same here but I'm a FTM ha!!!
  • @awoodruff27  yup, STM here and haven't packed my bag. We live approximately 30 seconds from the hospital and my mom will be here with DS, so I figure if I can't pack for some weird reason, it won't be hard to get what I need brought to me. I do want to get my hospital registration done though.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Loading the player...
  • kahlan82 said:
    @awoodruff27  yup, STM here and haven't packed my bag. We live approximately 30 seconds from the hospital and my mom will be here with DS, so I figure if I can't pack for some weird reason, it won't be hard to get what I need brought to me. I do want to get my hospital registration done though.
    Hospital registration!... whoopsie. The paperwork given to me by my OB says it can take 4-6 weeks to be seen to pre-register. I'm 33 weeks along. Yikes. I was so on top of things with my first born. I also still need to buy some things I want to pack for the hospital. I'm officially a hot mess mom. 
  • @doodleoodle. You have to be seen to pre-register?  I just have to fill out online paperwork, which is why I haven't stressed too badly.

• Has anyone filled put their bonding leave paperwork yet? I want to have that and health insurance ready to go. Is there other paperwork I'm missing?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jennas312 I imagine each state and each company/organization differ somewhat on paperwork. I would check with your HR department. My HR director gave me a whole checklist of paperwork to complete, some which I can't do until I have proof of birth. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • About the breastfeeding stations, make sure you have one for each level of your house. I have the same stuff as @mombod, plus in my upstairs (bedroom) box I added pain killers, prenatal, and stool softener. I'm going to add snacks, and the most important- water bottles! 
  • STM here. I bought my first pack of diapers this week.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Well, this thread got my butt somewhat in gear. Pre-registered for the hospital.

• @kahlan82 Yes, it's so stupid. They make you watch an informative video about epidurals and actually go through the paperwork with you. I think last time it took about 45 minutes. 
  • @doodleoodle. That is odd. I guess they are covering themselves. My paperwork was just online....insurance, emergency contact etc. Although, stupid DH thought that me naming him as power of attorney was the time to start "pulling the plug" jokes. @ss.

@ellie111227. I think you should shoot for 7. One for each day of the week. ;) 

• I'm in a 1 bedroom apartment and was just going to have 1 breastfeeding basket in our living room by the rocker. Then I was thinking maybe I should have a small one next to my bed too? Who knows if I'll BF her in bed in the middle of the night or find the rocker more comfortable. STM+ where did you BF in the middle of the night?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • doodleoodledoodleoodle member
    edited April 2017
    @alm52386 I always breastfed in the rocker, but my LO had a tongue and upper lip tie so nursing was too difficult to do side lying. I say just have a basket with handles by the rocker and bring it to your room at night. Worst case scenario you just carry it back to the living room. 
  • We fed our son in the living room bc he was a slow eater and then we could watch some Tv.  Plus that way the other one could sleep.
  • @alm52386 I always nursed DD in the rocker in the nursery in the middle of the night.  I couldn't get comfortable in bed to do it there.  During the day when I was on leave I would nurse her on the couch in the living room sometimes, but the rocker really was more comfortable. 
  • @alm52386 I fed DS in the rocker or on the couch. I tried in the bed at first but the chair was so much better! 
  • I'm now starting to wonder if I need to figure out how to move the glider from DD's room (where it's not used, but I'm sure it will be missed) to mine for nursing purposes. I'm nearly certain I nursed DD in it even when she was sleeping in our room....but the haze of the early weeks (and 3 years) means that I can't be certain. 
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • I nursed dd sitting up in bed. I changed her in bed too. It was easy just to grab her out of the bedside bassinet, change her, feed her, and put her back in. 
  • ellie111227ellie111227 member
    edited April 2017
    @alm52386 We lived in a one bedroom apartment when dd was born. I mostly nursed her out in the living room when she was tiny because we had to jump through a million hoops to get her back to sleep afterwards, so I knew I was going to end up out there anyway bouncing her on the yoga ball or walking her around in circles. I figured I may as well sit in the comfortable chair if I was getting out of bed for 2-3 hours one way or the other. Once she started going to sleep easier after nursing, I started nursing her in bed, but I couldn't get sidelying to work until she was close to a year, so I still sat up with the boppy. I think it just depends on your kid and what kind of routines you end up needing and where you feel most comfortable. You don't need that much stuff though, and it's probably things you will have multiples of anyway, like water bottles and tubes of lanolin. Plus, you can always tell your h to go grab you your water or a snack or whatever else you need as you settle in to nurse when it is the middle of the night and he is home anyway. That's like the only thing they can contribute to breastfeeding so imo they'd better do it happily.
  • I nursed in bed with a boppy at night. I never could nurse comfortably in the rocker. I didnt learn side lying until about 9 months but will def try it bc once you can make it work its so comfortable. DH did the diaper changes at night and the swaddling and bringing me water. I usually gave him a break once or twice a night so he could get a 4 hr stretch.
  • @alm52386, I think one basket is fine! If you don't have stairs to navigate, half asleep, while holding a baby then I think one is just fine. You'll find what works and adjust once baby is here. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~