June 2017 Moms
Options

When 9 months becomes 9 weeks

Re: When 9 months becomes 9 weeks

• Options

We don't have any formula and the bottles aren't washed/sterilized or anything.  We're waiting for the baby to arrive to see what the hospital feeds and if that's tolerated.   Plus, I'm still nervous things will fall through with EM, so I'm trying not to go overboard with things for THIS specific baby.  The nursery is gender neutral, and we've bought a few girl clothes, but every time I step in a store to buy stuff I have such anxiety that I leave with nothing. 

Ask the hospital for extra formula (the hospital where M was born gave us tons) they were those premixed bottles which was perfect while waiting out ICPC.  We didn't have to buy bottles in AZ, we just used those premixed ones until we got home.  Also, we got a TON of free formula from our pediatrician and through the free sample program from Enfamil.  We didn't need to buy formula until he was 4 months old.  We had all our friends and family sign up for free formula through the enfamil program with every address they had.  You also get a ton of coupons that way.  Hope those tips help!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG. I have  ton of things going on this week at work and it's kind of been on my calendar to start really prepping and getting mentally prepared after this week (I'm 30 weeks). This thread has me freaking out a bit, I think I'm going to practice some breathing exercises at my desk...
  • Options
    c1tym0m22c1tym0m22 member
    edited April 2017
    Put me in the "not really prepared, but oddly chill about it" bucket. My mom brought up all of DD's baby stuff last week, so at least I now have swaddles, some gender neutral clothes to go along with what I've ordered online thus far (boy this time around), car seat, bouncy chair, and bottles. If he appeared tomorrow, some laundry, sterilizing, and an Amazon order would be necessary. 

Thus is the curse of the second child: foolish optimism on our part that we have some clue what we're doing....now if only we had a good plan for what to do with DD when I go into labor. 

Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    thanks so much @lmudra!!!  DEFINITELY keep the tips coming!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Options
    My shower was yesterday. I didn't get a lot of things off my registry, so we still have quite a bit of stuff to get, but we did get the car seat as well as some clothes, a cool toy, swaddles, blankets, etc. and a few cloth diaper covers are on the way. 

We don't have a nursery. We are planning to move hopefully shortly before the baby is born, and, unless we find an insanely cheap two bedroom, we'll be moving to a one-bedroom. I don't plan to buy a crib. The kid will probably be in a box or a dresser drawer or something! I slept on a cut foam mattress for years, kid. I lived and you will too!
  • Options
    My shower is the 23rd so I've been holding out on buying a lot until then. I know people have bought our crib, stroller, car seat, and swing. We've got a couple packs of diapers and wipes. I also bought his coming home outfit options. I think once those get here I'm gonna pack our hospital bag...because otherwise we have nothing done. Just painted/carpeted the nursery. Nothing is in the room though. I put some post partum stuff in my amazon cart (pads, underwear, robe). We are still working on renovating our house/unpacking from our move. Hoping we can pull a lot together over spring break. 
  • Options
    Honestly Im not too worried (2nd baby) which is probably really naive. I have prioritized the wrong things like nursery is complete even though we co-sleep, I ordered new pump parts, and I have hair bows for days. 
    Things to do are wash the swaddles, clothes and k'tan, sanitize bottles and pump parts just in case, clean cars and install car seat bases, pull out swing and bassinet, stock the freezer, make a breastfeeding basket for around the house, and hire a cleaning person for a deep clean. Today I am getting the pediatricians sign off for early release from the birth center and I just ordered red raspberry leaf tea. I should also probably refresh myself on the pain management techniques and early breastfeeding. But for the most part these are not need to be done items. Ive got boobs and Amazon Prime so I figure Im mostly covered.  ;-)
    Also I need to find someone to watch DS bc in a moment of emotion and love I invited my MIL into the room and now I really want her to be there. Whoops time to find a back-up.
  • Options
    jennas312 said:
    Are nursing bras and tops a necessity? I was looking at store today, but just ended up with two dresses, a top, and underwear.
    As others have said, nursing bras are really helpful otherwise you have to push your bra up or down to breastfeed and it really isn't comfortable.

I don't think nursing tops are necessary. Any top will do if you don't mind pulling it up and exposing your stomach a bit. Otherwise, any strechy top with a low front, front zipper or buttons, that you can easily get your shoulder out of are fine. Nursing tops let you be a bit more conservative but you can also use a cover and you don't have to worry about a small opening to feed through.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I bought two new baby carriers (it is debatable as to whether I actually NEEDED two more baby carriers, but whatever) and a lightly used but still under warranty hospital grade breast pump (I got my bonus from work and bought baby carriers and breast pumps...what has my life become).  I also got a regular pump via insurance.  Otherwise I am willfully ignoring the registry I set up on amazon until I get my completion discount coupon.  DD is still sleeping in the nursery...so there is that little problem to resolve as well.  Sigh.  Oh and our house is currently in the middle of a major renovation, so I live in a construction zone, which is always a good time.

We also live several states away from family and have no babysitter on call to deal with DD if I go into labor in the middle of the night.  Procrastination, party of 2.  I'm basically praying I go into labor at 6am on a weekday so we can bring her to daycare and know that DH's parents will be here by the time she needs to be picked up (they have an 8 hour drive and will have the car packed to leave as soon as we call).

I need this kid to stay in until at LEAST 39 weeks so that I have adequate time to prepare.  I have the worst feeling that she is going to come early for some reason.  DD was born at 39+6.

• Options
    EmeraldNC said:
    neludelu said:
    Ugh this post gives me anxiety. So far we have only sanded the furniture we will be using in her room. We need to paint, buy a crib and then get all the little things we need. 
    This.  WHY DO I KEEP COMING BACK TO READ?! 
    I am doing the same thing. I have nothing but I keep coming back to see how much everyone else  has done. Clearly not learning my lesson BECAUSE I AM STILL NOT DOING ANYTHING!
  • Options
    @delujm0 - we are in a major renovation too. It's awful, and stressful, and definitely keeping me from enjoying this as much as I should. Nesting is difficult when you've got studs only in one room and only drywall and subfloor in another!! Hopefully these last few weeks will mean major progress.

i got the stroller and car seat which somehow feels like the only thing I need (besides the 1928474929 cloth diapers I've bought) so im feeling good about that. Once Tula releases their Free-to-Grow and we get that I think we will be golden.
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• Options
    @krex-2 of course!!!  
    I would say don't bring too much with you on the plane.  We actually enjoyed getting out and shopping while we were waiting out ICPC.  We also didn't buy much that way bc we knew we could only bring so much back on the plane.  
    Milo was born before we got matched so we literally had nothing.  He left the hospital in a hospital tshirt and a diaper lol since we had nothing washed.  We got everything once we got there.  

Those premixed bottles are are perfect for the plane (I guess I don't know if you're driving or flying). They'd be good for the car to.  

Ask the hotel/airline etc for a discount and state your situation.  We got a discount on our flights.  We also took the red eye home and bought 3 tickets.  Once we realized the flight wouldn't be anywhere near full we asked if they would refund the 3rd seat and they did! 

Someone told me me to buy gift cards for restaurants at Costco so you can use them while you're gone.  I think that's a good tip.  Make sure they have that restaurant where you're staying obvi.  I guess the 
  • Options
    @sevenn to be fair this is major renovation #2 for us, and #1 happened when I was pregnant with DD.  We didn't even live in the house that time because they were doing our main living area and the nursery.  We moved in two months before DD was born and had to furnish the whole house.  It was stupid.  Of course I got a positive pregnancy test right after we started interviewing GCs for this renovation.  Most of it is on the second floor which we don't use much (DD's big girl bedroom is up there though which is why we can't move her yet) but they were replacing windows and doors all over the house last week so that was a whole thing.  We're also replacing all of the exterior siding and have already put on a new roof.  GOOD TIMES.  By the time we are done, the only things remaining in the house that have been untouched are two surviving bathrooms (DD's and the guest bath, both of which I'll probably reno in 5 years or so as a smaller job) and the two story stone fireplace which was basically the reason I liked the house in the first place.  That and the piece of land that it is on were the only selling points.
  • Options
    @erinh84 I'm on the same page. I can't wait to have this baby and not be pregnant anymore. Yet I still haven't pulled it together. 
  • Options
    @erinh84 I'm right there with you. I don't mind being pregnant most of the time. But with 2 other kids to take care of, plus dogs, the house etc a newborn would be so much easier!

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    doodleoodledoodleoodle member
    edited April 2017
    I had an OB appointment today. I told her I have been having a lot of painful contractions and she did a cervix check to make sure I'm still closed. She was shocked at how low the baby is. She put me on pelvic rest, said I should limit picking up my toddler, and is going to do another cervical check next week. Ughhh

ETA I now officially feel like I'm running out of time! But at the same time feel like if I try to do too much I'm going to go into labor.
  • Options
    After posting on this thread this morning; I realized that I really need to get my act together!
     All paperwork has now been filled out, all of both boys' summer clothing is washed and ready in the closet, and the infant car seat is NB ready! Going to order some nursing tanks and comfy stuff to wear in the hospital tonight. Not sure if this is nesting or just wanting to check stuff of my list. haha
  • Options
    @lmudra, we'll be driving.  I can't imagine a plane ride with a newborn!  Thankfully, we'll have the car so we can explore a bit before ICPC, or before she gives birth.  I hate not having my car...I was born to drive a Prius!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Options
    krex-2 said:
    @lmudra, we'll be driving.  I can't imagine a plane ride with a newborn!  Thankfully, we'll have the car so we can explore a bit before ICPC, or before she gives birth.  I hate not having my car...I was born to drive a Prius!
    Flying home was nerve racking but driving from AZ to MN with a newborn seemed so daunting to and this way we got home in three hours haha.  Plus we had to do everything last minute.  
    It means you'll have extra room for baby gear!!
    Bring slippers for the hospital (if you get lucky and get to stay overnight).  I didn't even think about it and I had to wear shoes the whole time walking around the room/down to the nursery etc...
  • Options
    @itsfine - 4 weeks!?! oh man, curious too why she said that and so sorry!

@sevenn @delujm0 - add me to the renovation club.  DH and his dad (a retired contractor) started in our house two weeks ago.  FX it will be done by mid-May, but we're tearing off stucco outside, replacing all the windows, removing our chimney, and the stucco removal caused damage to the interior sheet rock, so we're repairing/replacing/sanding all that.  The dust is killing me and it's definitely adding to my stress as nesting is on hold.

@EmeraldNC @neludelu This thread also gives me anxiety, but can't seem to help myself with reading/posting  :D:s

I have a shower in a week and another in a month, so we're probably not going to buy much before then to see where we are after that.  I feel super grateful that we've gotten a lot of second hand stuff from generous friends including our swing, carriers, tons of clothes, and stroller.  I've also managed to snag a few things off FB swap groups and Nextdoor.  We have most of the nursery furniture, but it's unassembled or under tarps (see construction above).  I'm hoping to start painting a mountain mural on Friday in the baby's room and get moving on setting things up.  Even so the remaining to do list feels endless and daunting.
    Me: 34, FTM, DH: 34
    BFP: 9/30/16, EDD: 6/9/17
  • Options
    My nursery is pretty much ready, but my list of things to get done is so long. Next week while the kids are on spring break I have scheduled every appointment you can think of. The dog even has appointments! DD has to get her meds filled for several months, go to the eye doctor for new glasses, visit the dentist, and we are going on two college visits. DS needs to see the dentist. The dog needs tests, med refills, and a microchip in case she runs away on the sitter. I see the doctor twice. This is all while I'm working 6 days next week. There's just no way this is all happening. It's like some severe form of unhealthy panic nesting. Must.Do.All.The.Things...Yesterday!!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    kahlan82kahlan82 member
    edited April 2017
    DH is starting to stress me out. There are some things I just can't do. It hit me yesterday that we have to find the car seat, both the bases,  and the infant parts of our pack and play.  We moved in December, so I asked DH if he knew where they were. His response "somewhere".  Are you going to look for them? "At some point"  okay, a little more urgency is needed.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    momma2charmomma2char member
    edited April 2017
    Yesterday I had 3 separate family members tell me they aren't available for the first couple weeks of May (all booked different vacations) from my side and DH's side. They were our only options for babysitters! I'm due May 31/June 1 so I bounce between BMBs. DD was early so I'm panicking a bit now as to who will watch DD while I'm in labor.. I wrote out her usual routine and taped it to the fridge today to prepare in that aspect, so if someone who isn't familiar with her is watching her, then they'll know when/how she goes down for naps & bedtime. Now to write a list of who is available on what days to call! I still have so much to get done before I'm full term (5 weeks away!?!) and it's stressing me out :neutral:
  • Options
    Um my DH needs to get on a sleep study before he quits his job this month and loses health insurance. I'm not sure how long it will take to add him to mine. He better get some CPAP action because I refuse to be 100% responsible for nighttime feedings. He needs to put in some nights with the baby 1:1 so I can sleep and he won't be able to do that if he's still snoring like a chainsaw!! 

Besides that, we have doulas coming to interview with us next week, most of the registry done and are signed up for the birthing class. Nursery is still a room full of boxes. Waiting until after our showers to see what we need
  • Options
    I was not anxious about getting things done a few weeks ago but as we get closer to less than 10 weeks left (I'm 29 weeks on Sunday) I am getting more and more anxious about what needs to be done/discussed!!! But a lot of things have to wait until after our shower the first weekend in May. Mostly just seeing what we still need and organizing everything. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am starting to stress out about getting things final at work and my to do list. I found out today I will be lucky to last til 39 weeks they may want to induce around 38 weeks due to GD... Um that's like 5 weeks away!! I definitely need to order my breast pump soon.
  • Options
    @Knottie42089123 Make sure you have life insurance in place before you ask any doctor about a sleep study.
    Fyi, it took my husband about 4 months to get his sleep study and cpap.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish how come? Life insurance is on our to-do list but we haven't gotten to it yet 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish how come? Life insurance is on our to-do list but we haven't gotten to it yet 
    Some places won't insure you at all with a sleep apnea diagnosis (don't even mention snoring!!), and if they do it will be super-expensive. My DH is also obese, though.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    Some places won't insure you at all with a sleep apnea diagnosis (don't even mention snoring!!), and if they do it will be super-expensive. My DH is also obese, though.
    Yikes! Good to know. 
  • Options
    neludelu said:
    EmeraldNC said:
    neludelu said:
    Ugh this post gives me anxiety. So far we have only sanded the furniture we will be using in her room. We need to paint, buy a crib and then get all the little things we need. 
    This.  WHY DO I KEEP COMING BACK TO READ?! 
    I am doing the same thing. I have nothing but I keep coming back to see how much everyone else  has done. Clearly not learning my lesson BECAUSE I AM STILL NOT DOING ANYTHING!

add me to the anxiety club!! Although her nursery is pretty much finished, we just have a few more things to add... like you know-a rocker. (MIL is purchasing so we are waiting on her  :|) we didn't get but 1 starter pack of bottles at the baby shower, so I need to go buy those... pack my hospital bag and her diaper bag.. and wash some of her clothes. 

@LMMama I just told my husband yesterday I was done being pregnant lol. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Did anyone post about what paperwork is needed after baby comes? I know my state disability, and I thought something with health insurance,  but I'm not sure what exactly. 
    Pregnancy Ticker