October 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 as long as you're on FMLA your benefits will continue like normal as long as you pay your normal portion (whether they are taking it out of your STD checks or you pay separately, each company is different so clarify if they're going to deduct for you or not. If they STD checks are coming from an insurance company versus your employer there's a good chance they're not taking deductions). If you take a longer leave than what you get under FMLA then you might be presented with options for COBRA coverage instead (FMLA protects your job and benefits...once you're not on FMLA or another state designated leave they're no longer obligated to continue benefits, though they might if they have a heart lol).

STD typically only pays out for the time you are considered disabled, and not necessarily the entire time you're on leave. So 6 weeks vaginal 8 weeks csection unless there are other medical complications. So that might help answer your question about how long you'll receive the 70% pay. But definitely clarify with your HR dept.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't really know what my maternity leave will look like. I've been having some stress thoughts about it.

We are also too small of a company to qualify for paid maternity leave. I could get FMLA but would rather not. We receive 2 weeks paid vacation time which I will use fully as maternity leave (no one keeps tabs on days missed) but I want to take anywhere between 4 to 6 weeks. My boss is a kind person and a family man. He is very forgiving with time and told me we'd play it by ear. 

I'm the first pregnant worker here in at least 5 years and the first full time worker having a lo here. I am part of core team that keep this place running smoothly... so that alone brings me a lot of stress.

Here's my bfest:
    I have a "superior" here, she's also the one who blurted out my maternity news without permission. She happily volunteered to take up a lot of my job duties when I needed to go but calls me today saying she plans on now taking a sudden leave of absence in May for the entire month because she's emotional.

That freaks me the heck out! How can I rely on someone unreliable! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @carries2018 I'm having the same issues!! Only when I'm pregnant does my acne act up! Come on. 
  • Options
    I woke up at the ass crack of dawn, fought through a migraine and got up to the hospital to take birth photos for my SIL during her csection. Her OB was aware of this, said it was fine by her, but it's up to the anesthesiologist. I figured since SIL works at this hospital, chances were high it would be fine. Not only did he say no, but the nurses pretty much confined me to the waiting room even though they are aware, from SIL's words, that I'm here to take pictures so she can see everything she's missing. BIL also told them this is fine for me to be back in the room taking pics and waiting for SIL to get back.

I think I'm mainly annoyed no one cares what she wanted me up here for and now she's disappointed she's not getting what she's been wanting. Also that the hospital she had a csection with her son is was no where this strict, I waited in her room literally the entire time

I gave BIL my camera and he did ok, but a lot are blurry and he, obviously, was preoccupied so he didn't get a lot of the ones she was wanting. 
  • Options
    Oh no @sjohns08 I am so sorry. I know how much you were looking forward to that

• Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 I was excited since I do want to try my hand at birth photography. But I'm more upset that SIL and I went through and gathered ideas and she was really looking forward to these nice pics since she didn't have any with her first, except the couple I managed to get when he was in the nursery. So now I feel bad she's disappointed 
  • Options
    @sjohns08 that sucks for her and for you.  But I remember my hospital that I had DD at was very strict on who could be in the room at the time of delivery.  It's up to the hospitals, so each is different. 
  • Options
    @jessafishy logic is difficult when you're sitting high in your ivory Congress tower, you're beholden to your donors, and you don't have a uterus.

I want to chat more with you ladies. I'm bored today. What's another thread we can start?
    I'm with you! I feel like I missed so much this weekend, I'm ready to type today!
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @purplestars-2 lol yeah, he definitely sounds like a character!  :D We have a dog that will take water from the bowl after eating dinner, and place it into the food bowls, to lick them extra clean. He goes to all 3 food bowls and it is such a weird process that he does after every meal. Dogs are weirdos.
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @carries2018 and @yenrec i have huge zits all over my back and my breasts (not on my face for now) . I feel like a teenager again and hate it! 

I cant really comment on maternity leaves since we have it better than you do ( although gov takes 1/3 of each of your pay, you pay taxes(15%) on everything you put your eyes on and still give them money at the end of the year.... And id trade that anytime lol.) 
    Since im a stay at home wife for now, hubby is my only insurance policy. 
    It sounds like such a complicated thing to understand though reading your comments. I know it would stress me out. 

My bfest : my landlord telling me last week hed be coming to fix a few things (electrical) in our place today. On the first day of the year that the temperature exceeds 50degrees lol (its 76 today yayyyy)... I have to wait around cant enjoy the temperature because stupid me told him he couls come whenever since im at home and basicly dont do ish all day. Didnt expect the weather to be so nice!!! 
  • Options
    @EMakowski Glad you are feeling better!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    On the topic of breast pumps...

I used EdgePark and ordered mine online. You give them your insurance information and your doctor's info (so they can verify you are actually pregnant) and they let you know which ones are covered. 30 days before your due date you can order and they ship it to you. I've used them twice and it was awesome service.
    THAT is nice! I couldn't get my pump until after I actually gave birth last time, which was a pain. I didn't want to leave the house after I finally got home but had to if I wanted to pick it up. Definitely going to keep that in mind.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @natleilynn I mean, I would still call insurance (again, probably more than once so you make sure you don't get conflicting info) to ask them about what their coverage is, but I had a very very good experience with them!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    @natleilynn I have zero idea how people could wait that long. While it is stressful initially to figure out the details, it calms me down to make a plan. Not to mention that the actual delivery will cost me $3000+. I would probably explode if I had procrastinated on all those details til 8 months and had to make last-minute plans as to where the money is coming from. Nope!

• Options
    +1 on the "I hate Ameda" train.

I had a hospital grade Medela for the first month, which was covered by insurance thankfully. And it worked wonderfully. I had to exclusively pump because little one was unable to nurse well enough at the time, they wouldn't cover a second month because he was home from the hospital and I had to use the Ameda one that insurance gave me at that point, and it was terrible. Had I started out with that one, he would have been a formula baby, there is no way we would have made it through. 

Also I am bitter because I don't get any paid time off other than through Aflac and now I need to go double check that I get 6 weeks at 60% and not 4... That will make me sad. 

• Options
    dajocl said:
    +1 on the "I hate Ameda" train.

I had a hospital grade Medela for the first month, which was covered by insurance thankfully. And it worked wonderfully. I had to exclusively pump because little one was unable to nurse well enough at the time, they wouldn't cover a second month because he was home from the hospital and I had to use the Ameda one that insurance gave me at that point, and it was terrible. Had I started out with that one, he would have been a formula baby, there is no way we would have made it through. 

Also I am bitter because I don't get any paid time off other than through Aflac and now I need to go double check that I get 6 weeks at 60% and not 4... That will make me sad. 
    I'm glad I'm getting some validation on the Ameda front and that it wasn't just user error on my part. If that's what they make me use again, I think I'm going to end up being done once I get back from maternity leave. It wasn't worth the time or effort I put into it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @natleilynn Most certainly not user error. I would pump for longer and still get less, ridiculous. Thought about just sucking it up and paying for a Medela this time around. I haven't decided though. I figure I could get the Ameda and then Craigslist it or something and at least have a couple dollars towards a decent one.