June 2017 Moms

GD Support Thread

Re: GD Support Thread

• I'm 31 weeks and I think I'm hitting that spike you are all talking about. What worked before doesn't now. I find I'm avoiding eating when faced with only carbs as an option and that's not good either. I'm working at a competition this weekend and all they have on the hospitality table is fruit, bagels and sugary yogurt. :( Then they brought out pasta for lunch. I'm so hungry. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • You need to make sure you eat something @LAMCH1980 are you there through dinner? I'm sure having a piece of fruit as a snack isn't a terrible option. If you don't eat you may find that you bottom out, which isn't a safe thing to have happen. I'm sure your doctor will understand some high readings given the situation. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I found a fiber one bar and some vegetables. I've been here 19 hours already this weekend so I've been picking here and there, but I wasn't as prepared as I should have been. With a full hospitality room, I didn't think I'd need to pack much. Moral of the story, always pack a back-up. How are you guys doing? 
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • And...do you have a favorite tracking ap for GD? 
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • LAMCH1980 said:
    And...do you have a favorite tracking ap for GD? 
    I have been using One Drop. I like it although I wish there was some way to transfer the data to like email or something that I could print for the doctor instead of having to write it all down. It's super easy to use, has room for notes and you can track foods / carbs and activity.
  • I never even thought about using an app! Great idea!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have an app called Blood Glucose Tracker that will convert your data to a document form to send to your provider @tmrussell
  • I have an app called Blood Glucose Tracker that will convert your data to a document form to send to your provider @tmrussell
    Does it track food intake too or just your readings? 
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Heliumgirl717Heliumgirl717 member
    edited April 2017
    LAMCH1980 said:
    I have an app called Blood Glucose Tracker that will convert your data to a document form to send to your provider @tmrussell
    Does it track food intake too or just your readings? 
    It doesn't do food, which I find to be a downside. I end up logging my food in MyFitnessPal because of their extensive database 
  • My monitor connects with the one touch app... I wish it would track my food but at least I have all my numbers in one place
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I found out I failed my 1 hour today with a 152. I am pissed because I took the test 2 weeks ago and was told a "no call" meant I passed. I went in for my 30 week check up and the doctor said the nurse should have called me....NOPE. He was not happy either. so now I have my 3 hour test this Friday, the last day before Spring Break, horrible day to be out for a teacher. My results will come in while I am on vacation...awesome way to be stress free. Sigh, just annoyed right now.  

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Hey ladies!!  I start weekly biophysical profiles tomorrow at 30 weeks.  Endo is handling my diabetic care so.i don't have to also have a high risk doctor.  I've had to raise my insulin at bedtime and dinner.

I've found that those Aunt Jamima breakfast frozen dinners have been amazing with my lunch numbers.  They have bacon, scrambled eggs and a few potatos or the sausage one is great too.  It's been my go to lately.
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• I'm super frustrated. They raised my insulin again, whatever, no big deal. However, I'm a pretty routine person and I tend to eat the same things over and over because I know I get good numbers with those foods, so this morning I ate the same thing I eat almost daily and my post prandial was 126! My post prandials better not start getting out of whack. 
  • I'm super frustrated. They raised my insulin again, whatever, no big deal. However, I'm a pretty routine person and I tend to eat the same things over and over because I know I get good numbers with those foods, so this morning I ate the same thing I eat almost daily and my post prandial was 126! My post prandials better not start getting out of whack. 
    How far along are you? I was wondering if this might be the start of your wacky week for numbers.  Fx that your numbers don't start getting crazy!
  • @Heliumgirl717, duh, that would be about right, I'll be 31 tomorrow.
  • @Stankonia2014 I hope everything levels out for you!

I have a hard time searching on here with the mobile app... Any recommendations for low carb protein bars? The Dr wants me to start eating one before bed as my fasting numbers are wacky. I have two quest bars but they have 22 total carbs but only like 3 net carbs... So I wonder if he meant as little net carbs as possible? The bars I have, have less than 1 gram of sugar. Going to try one tonight and see if it helps. 
  • tmrussell said:
    @Stankonia2014 I hope everything levels out for you!

I have a hard time searching on here with the mobile app... Any recommendations for low carb protein bars? The Dr wants me to start eating one before bed as my fasting numbers are wacky. I have two quest bars but they have 22 total carbs but only like 3 net carbs... So I wonder if he meant as little net carbs as possible? The bars I have, have less than 1 gram of sugar. Going to try one tonight and see if it helps. 
    They recommended FiberOne protein bar to me.  16carbs (7gs sugar which is good).  I keep them in the fridge and have them for "dessert". Also, Yoplait Greek 100 is 10g carbs and 15g protein.
  • I went in for my growth ultrasound and biophysical profile today.  Estimates said today at 30 weeks exactly baby is 4lbs, 10oz in the 98 percentile.  I've never had a baby measure this far ahead this early.  (Baby #3 for me).  I keep telling myself "it's just an estimate" but my doctor came in guns a blazing saying I needed to get my numbers down (my A1C is 5.5) and if baby is 9lbs I'll be okay but if s/he is 10lbs they are going to have to sit down for a conversation.  Ugghhhh, it is just so frusterating.  

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• I'm so late to the game. Just got the call that I failed my 3 hr. I failed the 1hr with a 135. So I was pretty confident that I would pass the 3 hr. I guess my fasting and 1 hr results were within normal range but the 2 hr and 3 hr were high. So I will start the diet and monitoring officially on Thursday, but i'm obviously trying to get used to the diet starting now. I feel the crazy guilt for everything I have eaten this whole pregnancy. I know its silly but I cried like a baby. Not for having to make the changes but its just all new to me. 3rd pregnancy and 1st one I have tested high. I will get re-evaluated after 2 weeks on the diet and that will decide how many extra appointments I will be getting. Most likely start going every week though with an ultrasound at 36 weeks. My dr also said that once I hit 40 weeks they talk induction. They "won't" let me go to 41 weeks even if its diet controlled. If its not they do induction at 39 weeks. Does that seem right? ahhh I feel so lost now, so nervous and I wish I could get into the nutritionist sooner!

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • @Stankonia2014, my numbers went crazy starting at 31 weeks. Fasting, after normal meals, you name it. It's annoying. @AvidVertigo, I'm measuring big too. Last time they assured me I was having a 10lb baby. He was 8lbs 13 oz. I wish the technology was a little more accurate. I guess they're just doing the best they can to advise you based on the best guess they can get. 
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • @awoodruff27 I totally understand how you are feeling. I haven't asked those questions about delivery yet... Just taking it day by day. My doctor did tell me that if it's diet controlled they view it as a normal pregnancy with more monitoring for baby's growth.

Don't feel guilty about what you have eaten everything I have read says it's all about hormones and our bodies keeping up. 

As far as your diet avoid obvious sugars and try to limit your carb intake per meal to a couple servings like 2 pieces of bread or a side of carbs. You will do great it just takes time to adjust.

I found out today that I am borderline needing medication for my fasting number. It's super annoying because I feel like I don't have control over that number. I am hoping the protein bars help. 
  • Not sure if anyone still has to take their test, but I had mine today (due 6/28).  I was careful about what I ate and drank before, but no one told me that I couldn't have water while I waited for the blood test.  I drank about 24oz between the drink and the blood draw.  Then the technician called me back and noticed my gigantic water bottle.  She said, "Um, you haven't been drinking that, have you?!"  I feel pretty dumb, but at the same time, annoyed that no one mentioned it.  The tech couldn't tell me what it would mean and basically just said we'll have to get the results and see what the dr. says.  
  • cmread said:
    Not sure if anyone still has to take their test, but I had mine today (due 6/28).  I was careful about what I ate and drank before, but no one told me that I couldn't have water while I waited for the blood test.  I drank about 24oz between the drink and the blood draw.  Then the technician called me back and noticed my gigantic water bottle.  She said, "Um, you haven't been drinking that, have you?!"  I feel pretty dumb, but at the same time, annoyed that no one mentioned it.  The tech couldn't tell me what it would mean and basically just said we'll have to get the results and see what the dr. says.  
    What is interesting so for my first one hour test the doctor told me I could only have sips of water that was it after I drink the stuff. For the 3-hour test I was allowed to have as much water as I wanted and I drink a ton... I hope they say your fine! 
  • @cmread I can't believe they didn't tell you. I wonder if your doctor will make you redo it.

I have my 3 hour test tomorrow. I am not looking forward to 3 hours without water.

• @awoodruff27, I'm sorry you have to be a part of this club. I think your feelings are normal. I want to tell you that in the class I attended, they gave us a booklet and inside it they bolded "You did not give yourself diabetes from eating too much sugar early in pregnancy!" I think a lot of people share your concern. I know I did, but when I read that I felt better. 
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • @awoodruff27, I'm sorry you're here. My doc won't let me go past 39 weeks either, even when it was diet controlled.
  • @awoodruff27, I'm sorry you're here. My doc won't let me go past 39 weeks either, even when it was diet controlled.
    It's so bizarre how different doctors are.  Mine said as long as I'm healthy, she'll support me going up to 1.5 weeks beyond due date (and I'm trying for a VBAC!) 

Truthfully, your doc can't make any of you do anything.  I'm definitely a people pleaser myself so it would be a struggle for me to argue, but on the other hand, your body is your body.  Be thoughtful and be an advocate for yourself!
  • mezalune said:
    @awoodruff27, I'm sorry you're here. My doc won't let me go past 39 weeks either, even when it was diet controlled.
    It's so bizarre how different doctors are.  Mine said as long as I'm healthy, she'll support me going up to 1.5 weeks beyond due date (and I'm trying for a VBAC!) 

Truthfully, your doc can't make any of you do anything.  I'm definitely a people pleaser myself so it would be a struggle for me to argue, but on the other hand, your body is your body.  Be thoughtful and be an advocate for yourself!
    I had diet controlled gd with dd and my ob said there is no worries of inducing until 42 weeks. She was born 5 days over due at 6 lbs 3 oz. 
    very strange how different Drs are. 
  • kahlan82kahlan82 member
    edited April 2017
    ....the wait begins, just started my 3 hour test.

• That is crazy how different our doctors are. I'm only29 weeks so a little behind some of you. I have a long way to go until I have to worry about it. Hopefully induction won't even have to be on the table. I went into labor on my own at 39+1 and 39+6 before.

Feeling so much better this morning. Now i'm just ready to start monitoring so I can make sure i'm as healthy as can be for baby girl and me.

• mezalune said:
    @awoodruff27, I'm sorry you're here. My doc won't let me go past 39 weeks either, even when it was diet controlled.

I definitely agree with this. Unfortunately, I was induced for different reasons at 38 and 39 weeks with my other two, so it was kind of a moot point. 
  • Another one here for the OBs telling me I wouldn't go a day over 39 weeks with GD.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm meeting with the MFM person today for my GD and the office smells SO strongly of old lady. It is way too much for a pregnant lady to have to deal with. 

As far as induction goes.... if I don't need insulin I'll go to almost 40 weeks. If I need it then it'll be sometime between 37 and 40. Its crazy how different it can be. 
  • @Imudra has the fiber one bars been helping at night? I don't think the snack is helping me. Yesterday my waking number was 93, today it was 104 ugh!!!
  • Not for me, they keep increasing my insulin.  22 units and I was 115 this morning but 103 yesterday morning.  So frustrating!
  • @lmudra, I'm in the same boat. My doc said we might not ever find the right dose, but as long as my average isn't getting higher then he's cool with it.  

I'm on 24 units now and my fastings are 103/104, they were 114/115, so I'm calling it a win.
  • They never got my fasting numbers under control last time... and so far haven't this time. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm on target with my after meal numbers so I'm feeling good about those at least.  Hopefully the fasting numbers aren't a huge deal.
  • I still have a few days until my class. But I was wondering what your favorite on the go snacks are? I'm really paranoid about what I eat right now because I didn't have my monitor yet so I have no idea what my numbers are. I'm out and about a lot with two kids so I'm trying to figure out some easy snack ideas I can throw in my bag. Thanks ladies y'all are awesome this thread is a lifesaver. 

• @lmudra  I am the same way... numbers after meals are always great, my fasting is nuts.

This morning my fasting was 134.  But I wonder if stress can make it spike?  Because I am under an incredible amount of stress right now.

BabyFruit Ticker