June 2017 Moms

GD Support Thread

1789101113»

Re: GD Support Thread

• Sent! 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok, I have sent invites to everyone who PM'd me.  Let me know if you didn't get it. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • @LAMCH1980 I didn't get it

• @LAMCH1980 I didn't get it eithe
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Shoot dang. I have to do it on pc, so I need a few minutes and I'll try again. Did you check spam or trash folders? 
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • I just emailed them again.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • To get in the FB group for everyone, FDUNole had to friend request me then send it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • XathXath member
    Because I am so tired of eggs, and I thought you guys might enjoy this:

I ATE THREE EGGS EVERY SINGLE MORNING FOR A WEEK - HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
  • panzyo3panzyo3 member
    Went for my 34 week appointment yesterday and starting next week I have to go twice weekly for NSTs. I'm not on any meds and have normal blood sugars and I'm kind of ticked off about it.  Also had a growth US and baby girl is growing fine and fluid levels are perfect. Anyone else not on meds required to do NSTs? I'm kinda feeling like my doc is doing it just for the money...frustrated...
  • panzyo3 said:
    Went for my 34 week appointment yesterday and starting next week I have to go twice weekly for NSTs. I'm not on any meds and have normal blood sugars and I'm kind of ticked off about it.  Also had a growth US and baby girl is growing fine and fluid levels are perfect. Anyone else not on meds required to do NSTs? I'm kinda feeling like my doc is doing it just for the money...frustrated...
    Interesting. Anything that would put you in a more high risk level? AMA, previous birth experiences, etc.?
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • panzyo3 said:
    As mentioned previously, I have had GD in two other pregnancies that was only diet-controlled, no meds, with those pregnancies I never had a NST or extra monitoring simply for GD. 

This time around I'm on insulin and have once weekly testing. Twice weekly seems excessive, IMO, but every doc and practice is different. I totally get your frustration.
  • panzyo3 said:
    I'm diet controlled, but will have nst's. I think they are only weekly at first though. 
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • I get twice weekly nst's (one at mfm & one at my ob). Yes I think it's overkill but I am high risk. I don't mind getting to listen to his heartbeat & him wiggling around. 
  • panzyo3panzyo3 member
    This is my second pregnancy, my first was perfect, no complications. No other issues this pregnancy except that I had a low lying placenta, but that has since moved and he isn't concerned. She moves around all the time and my blood pressures are also stable too. I'll have to ask him at my appt on Monday. 
  • @panzyo3 I'm diet controlled and was told Monday that I'm treated like a normal pregnancy until 40 unless my sugars start going crazy. And at 40 weeks they just start talking induction instead of letting me go to 42 weeks because of the concerns over the placenta and GD. 

• I had my OB visit today... I will be joining @panzyo3 for 2 appointments a week for monitoring, 3 appointments a week total with my Endo doctor weekly as of May 15th when I hit 32 weeks.

Mondays I will have a biophysical profile (ultrasound), Wednesdays I will have endo, then Thursdays I will have an NST.  They tried to go ahead and schedule my c-section for 39 weeks, but decided against it because of last time, they will wait until closer to date to make a more "informed decision" on when the baby should come.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LAMCH1980 said:
    We can call it "GD can suck it. Let's be friends."  
    I love this so much!
  • @LAMCH1980 pm sent

@panzyo3 nothing has made sense this pregnancy. I am 35 weeks. Last week we had a scare that my fluid was low after 2 ultrasounds with a biophysical profile I was cleared. But my doctor isn't ordering the nst but she ordered another ultrasound for next week. Also depending on which Dr I see in the practice they have different views on whether or not I actually need the Glubride. I am happy I am not missing extra work with the nst, but at the same time it's not settling on my nerves. At least the tests are reassuring that baby is doing well.
  • @tmrussell, I don't see a pm. Can you double-check?
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • LAMCH1980 said:
    @tmrussell, I don't see a pm. Can you double-check?
    Just tried again :) you should have it now.
  • I have to share my REALLY ANNOYING Endo story from yesterday... 

Back story: My favorite doctor left this practice.  I have seen this other PA before (who they scheduled a lot of my upcoming appointments with), and didn't love her... but didn't hate her either so whatever, I just kept my appointments with her.  I saw her last week, and you'll probably remember I was annoyed with her because she said "remember these checks are you YOUR BABY not you" when I had missed a few blood sugar checks.  Also note:  I have had ZERO blood sugars out of range after eating this entire pregnancy.

Yesterday, I walk into my appointment and hand over my meter.  The doctor says "You have missed several blood sugar checks again, and I don't know the information you are reporting to me is accurate, so I am going to check your A1C." (Hold up... Is this woman telling me I am lying???)  We do the A1C.  It comes back at 5.1 (AMAZING, RIGHT?!)  She says "I guess that number is ok."  I say, "Ok?? That is the lowest it's ever been for me, that number is more than ok!"  And she shrugs her shoulders.  I'm just wondering WHY she is being like this.  Did she think I was lying and she was going to catch me in a lie with a high A1C?  After having a great number, I'd think she would be happy for her patient?!

I called my sister who is a doctor afterward and told her about it, and she agreed that that doctor was kind of being a bitch.  Anyways... just wanted to share because I was like WTF?!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow @EmeraldNC I would be so pissed. She was ridiculous to behave that way. 
  • @EmeraldNC, what the hell? Can you see someone else? Why would you even lie? You're already on insulin and it wouldn't save you any troubles to even be dishonest. I'm sorry. 
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • lmudralmudra member
    Bitch.  And isn't A1C a number that speaks to your diabetes status over the last 3 months or so?  That's why they don't use it to diagnose GD.  
  • @LAMH1002 I am kind of stuck with this woman because I am seen weekly, and because of work have to been seen after a certain time.  I hated this practice/doctors last time... and don't like them this time.  There was one dr I saw here that I loved this time, but she left. (Now I'm wondering if it's because of the work environment.)  My OB doctor only refers to this practice... I wonder if I make a big stink about hating it if they would refer me somewhere else?

@lmudra  Exactly.  But since I have had GD for over 3 months now, I guess she was trying to see what my actual numbers were.  Which, IN FACT, were right on target.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lmudralmudra member
    She's a bitch, plain and simple.  Good thing you showed her!
  • @LAMH1002 did you receive my PM? Or can someone please add me to the FB page... Its so dead around here :(
  • @tmrussell, I've sent two or three invites! Did you check your trash? Is there a facebook setting blocking things? 
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Can you pm @Stankonia2014? She's an admin too. Maybe she will be better at this than me! 
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • @Stankonia2014 I sent you a pm... Will I get an email or fb request. I checked all my inboxes and didn't receive anything. @LAMCH1980. Thank you for trying. 
  • You should get the request in the email that you sent to us. I know some people have to add you as an actual fb friend to get past security. 
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Invite sent to the email you provided, @tmrussell.
  • Thank you I am in! @LAMCH1980 I probably missed your email because it showed up under her name and I was searching for Facebook.
  • @lmudra That sounds just like me! I arrogantly thought GD would never happen to a kale-eating , XS-wearing girl like me. Then it did. It's been humbling and now I see people with complications in a whole new light. Sometimes things are out of our control and it's not a reflection of who we are. 
  • Betsy Bop said:
    @lmudra That sounds just like me! I arrogantly thought GD would never happen to a kale-eating , XS-wearing girl like me. Then it did. It's been humbling and now I see people with complications in a whole new light. Sometimes things are out of our control and it's not a reflection of who we are. 
    Humblebrag much?
  • I mean really.... 
    BabyFruit Ticker