September 2017 Moms

Anyone thinking names yet?

Re: Anyone thinking names yet?

• Thanks ladies for your help! I think we'll go with Nora Corrine...I can't 'love' yalls comments today from mobile for some reason.... :neutral:
    This is exactly what I would have chosen! Congrats!!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Loading the player...
  • @jena333 lol, Merle... DH came up with some doozies, too. We decided our best option was for me to give him a big list of all the names I like and let him pick some favorites. ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • wyomama0427wyomama0427 member
    edited March 2017
    Maybe this is a UO but I absolutely love merle haggard. I mean I probably wouldn't name my kid Merle, as I know lots of people who named their dogs that.... but I'm with Eric Church, here, we pledge allegiance to the Hag! I saw him in concert at frontier days a few years ago. Also, on a related note, DH's sister and brother in law used Cash as our second nephew's middle name. ETA they would probably name a child Merle.
  • im torn between Sawyer and Henry "Hank" for a boy. 
    Our DS has a one syllable name so I like Hank, but DH likes Sawyer more. Also if we name him Sawyer there is a literary link to DSs name and I don't know if that would be weird. 
  • @jena333 it sounds like your husband really likes he waking dead haha..it reminds me of a real old man
  • I told DH I wanted to name our daughter Francesca Elizabeth, nn Franny after my beloved grandmother and his grandmother. He said he didn't like old fashioned names even though they were coming back into style :( And that all he thinks about when he hears that name is The Nanny (which we LOVE, btw!). 

I'm so depressed! I have literally had that name picked out since last March when we found out we were expecting our first. I've had a lot of time to think on this name. Haha. I am.. so... sad!!

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • mcdoug211mcdoug211 member
    edited March 2017
    @Sugargirl1019 I like that name a lot! I worked with a Francesca everyone Called her Frankie I always liked it!
  • @Sugargirl1019 boo! I love Francesca. I had to say goodbye to it and Penelope when I acquired a 13 letter last name.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Sugargirl1019 I love the name Francesca. My moms name is Frances and I call her Franny. Maybe you can revisit the name when she arrives and DH will come around. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Stupid question, but how do you pronounce Elias? Obviously I don't know any, murderous or otherwise.

I was trying to hold out until we know the sex (which will be less than a week at this point), but DH suddenly got all into name mode last night and drug me into his cute Internet research of what names go well with DD's, etc. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @hatrats Ee- lie-us

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 @hatrats I've been saying El-lee-us in my head because that's how they pronounce it in Sweden :D 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @MrsDaniel315 my sister just named her son Elias. Honestly, I first I wasn't keen on the name but since then I have grown to love it! It is a great name that isn't out there or too trendy. 
  • I had a boyfriend who's last name was Elias.  It's hispanic, never heard it as a first name before but it could be cute

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• My son's name is Elias, after Walt Disney's middle name. It's Greek in origin. 
  • @heatherwilson321 Just want to say that I love that you named you son after Walt. Another reason I love the name. Clearly I am Disney obsessed and didn't want to sound too crazy mentioning that above. 
  • yasandsonyasandson member
    edited March 2017
    Im not sure this is the thread to ask this, really sorry if it isnt... remember a while ago i had posted that i wanted to name my son ilyas (pronounced ill-yes) and wanted to add my dads family name amine (p. : a-meen) because of only girls in the fam so his name is "dying" lol ? 
    well hubby told me yesterday that it wouldnt be a good idea as amine makes him sound arab. and we (while not denying our roots) wanted to find a name that would not attract mean racist comments because of origins. my dh has a pretty easy family name that doesnt necessarily sound arab : Sana.
    So let me ask you this : do you agree ? do you think the kid will be better off having only ilyas sana as a name because ilyas amine sana screams arab ? lol. 
    again, really sorry if this isnt the place to ask

• Despite DH's recent spate of name suggestions, I think we've 99% decided this baby's name will be Solomon. Our other two top names were Samuel and William. I love the meaning and story behind the name Samuel, but it just doesn't feel right. We're going to keep William as our #2 option in case he arrives and just doesn't look like a Solomon to us. Now we just need to decide...Solomon Michael, after my dad, or Solomon Tyler, after DH. 

I loooooove Solomon. Before deciding on ilyas, i wanted to name my son Sulayman..which is arab version of Solomon. 
  • @SayaSa While I don't think the name would immediately make me think arab, it would make me think that the individual had a different nationality. But more importantly I wanted to say that I really sorry these concerns are crossing yours and your husbands mind!
    i know its sad... :neutral: ... honestly we dont know that we'll be living in Canada all our lives, but if we do, and because of all the bad press arabs are getting. and the terrorists attack that occured here recently ( and around the world) i just don't want my kid to deal with all the racism and bullying dh , my friends, and i have delt with growing up (while not denying our origins, its hard ! dh is algerian, im moroccan)
  • @sayasa Is being Arab a big deal in Canada? (I thought I saw you lived there, sorry if I'm wrong!) My personal opinion is that we need as much cultural diversity in names as possible to help get rid of negative stereotypes for certain cultures. I say go for it; use the full name! 
    i wouldnt say its a "big" deal because im sure there are way worse things but i'll just say, ive grown up here, and there isnt a week i dont deal with a racist person . 
    i apreciate your advice :smile: , feels good to read that !
  • @SayaSa I would go for it! I'm Canadian as well and while I do see racism here, I don't know that not giving a baby the name you want changes that. I think it's cool to have names that link to your heritage and more diversity is better!

But would the middle names be used all that often anyway? I have two very German middle names but nobody knows them because I only use my first name in everyday life. Obviously they're on my documentation so anyone who sees that will know, but will the average person your son encounters even know his middle name? 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We just started thinking of names. We had our girl name picked out forever, but just found out it is a BOY! At this point we are leaning towards Weston (Wes). I already have a Liza and William.
  • Advice: So I really like the name Cora, but have a niece named Nora. Would that mean Cora is not usable? 
    Cora is a LOVELY name....it would be my baby name if he was a girl. Use it!! I wouldn't worry that they sound similiar
  • @SayaSa sorry that is a concern of yours but to answer your question I think the other two names you are using sound somewhat Arab or Midsle  eastern so adding the one you want to add wouldn't make a difference.  I say use your dad's name in there it's a beautiful full name

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• @HollyGolightly09 & @MyNamesTaken : thank you !!!!
    i am def showing all your positive comments to dh as soon as he comes home tonight !
  • @SayaSa I looked up your first name choice Ilyas because I was curious of the origin, and it does have an Arabic Muslim origin meaning "My God is the Lord". Also Moroccan or Turkish. A beautiful name, but knowing this, I don't think an added middle name is your biggest concern. 

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 you're right. although what i meant is its the way the name sounds that matter to us. because when people make fun of my origins they dont go looking for what my name means, they just make fun of the way it sounds. 
    fun fact it has an hebrew and a muslim origin as Ilyas is a prophet in islam and in the ancient testament (Elijah)
  • Now that we know that it's a girl (!) I can finally join in on the name discussion! We've got two leading contenders so far:

Emma Rose

Harper Everly
  • We are torn between Juliette and Reese. Our older daughters name is Lacee. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @holly52 I love the name Reese.