September 2017 Moms
Options

Anyone thinking names yet?

Re: Anyone thinking names yet?

• Options
    tiki8286 said:
    My son (who's 5) is Sebastian and I think my hubby and I are the ONLY ones who have ever mentioned The Little Mermaid ha! His first bday was themed Nautical blue white striped with a red crab.  No kids have yet to say Oh Sebastian, like the crab! And I think now parents are so used to more unique names that when they hear his name they're like oh a solid boy name.  
    That's exactly what I told my husband... "no one is going to call him a crab!" But it's all he thinks of. (insert eye roll) I swear it's a man thing... my dad wouldn't let my mom name me Ivy because he said he kids would call me Poison Ivy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @amandarene112 Good list!
    I like William and Henry... and LOVE Oliver and Solomon! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just found out we are having a boy! While I'm excited that this little bub will be our second son, I was so in love with our girl name: Serafina Hamilton, and calling her Sera. Both are family names, one from each side. 

As baby is a boy, we'll keep Hamilton as the middle name. May use Serafino as the first name, calling him Sam (apparently that's the nickname they use in Italy for Serafino!). 

Love reading all the names you ladies are considering! What a fun time of life. 

***TW***
    RAD born 6/2015 |  mc at 7 weeks 9/2016 | rainbow baby RHD born 9/2017
  • Options
    mrsmarygsmrsmarygs member
    edited March 2017
    @lap018 I love the name Felicity! It was the first girl name DH and I both liked, and we threw around a lot of middle names: Grace, Hope, Mae, June... We ended up with Felicity Rowena (MN after my grandmother who passed away when my mom was 17).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have tried to push off thinking of names until we know the sex, but who can help it? I think I'll just be really sad if I don't get to use any of our boy names since this is our last one. My top 4 in order (taken from last baby list) are Jack (dad, grandad, and sisters (jackie) name), Sean, Finn, and Kye. Middle name Christopher (DH's name). I have no girl names I love this time around and I don't want to think of any yet, because either way, if I have something I love, I'll be disappointed to not be able to use it, haha.

I do love reading everybody else's in the meantime though!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    If our baby had been a girl she would have been Habanera Louise. Called Nera (N'air-ah). We'd had the name for forever. 
    But - panorama came back and we're having a boy! His name will be Tallis.
    We'd been set for a little on Tallis Powell (MN for DH's bio father) but we decided (maybe) we're probably only having one (plus my stepson) and this will be my dad's only bio grandchild (I'm an only) and DH's dad has 7 already and will almost definitely have more (he's one of nine with 3 step-kids under 18, a 21 year old son and a newly married daughter)... Well, I'm pushing for John for my father.  Or maybe just two middle names. My dad was a single parent and we're super close.

When I was little I'd decided on Tobias John for a boy or Lydia Jean/Jane for a girl. 

I also love for girls:
    Lucy
    Fallon
    Karigan
    Kathryn
    Helena

And for boys:
    Charles
    Sebastian
    Oliver
    Asher
    Simon (but we named our cat Simon so it was never a baby name option lol)

• Options
    For the longest time I wanted to name a girl Clara after my beloved grandmother. Wasn't sure about a MN yet but my step-daughter mentioned Clara Paige and I kind of like it. Although recently I have fallen in love with the name Ryan for a girl. (Not sure DH will agree with that one since it's a "boy" name.)

Struggling with boy names. Right now on my list I have:
    Bennett
    Elliott
    Caleb
    Nolan
    Colin
    Andrew

This baby naming will be interesting as DH and I have very different tastes. 

• Options
    @childcaremama  love Luke Thomas!
    My first child, my mom wanted us to name it Luke or Leia bc we're big Star wars fans. I was like sorry, we're just not that dedicated...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We have agreed on a girl name - yay! Emilia Grace [Emmy or Milly for short]

However the boy name I would love your honest opinions! SO follows a family tradition of JJJ names - he is John Joshua J, his dad John Jeffrey J, and his grandpa John Jacob Jingleheimer.... just kidding but it keeps going, you get the pattern. They all go by their middle name. 

I am having a tough time getting on board with this tradition. I would love to keep to tradition I just haven't connected with any J names.. the ones I like either already belong to someone in the family, or are people I have dated :neutral: which is not ideal. I love Henry, Theodore, Benjamin, Grant... and always thought I would use my grandfathers name as the middle name, Richard. As there have been no boys in a couple of generations. 

What would you do push the issue or suck it up and pick one that you feel is just okay? No offense to any J name lovers out there! 
  • Options
    @towntowns I couldn't name my child something I didn't love. DH and I agreed that while we would love to honor certain people with names, we wouldn't do so if it meant using names we didn't actually like. 

What has DH said? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @amandarene112 YAY! I mean it's good that he's better now! DH did that but it took him a whole pregnancy. He hated every name he heard with DS and had no ideas, I picked DS' name. But this pregnancy he is all about names. He suggested Seth and Jeremiah as his top boy names but has since suggested about a million names. We've got our names narrowed to Landon George and Lainey Grey
  • Options
    @daniellelynette Unfortunately, I was very happy with the name list we had! With the exception of Samuel, which I'm very happy he has come around to, and maaaaaaybe Peter or Charlie, none of the new names is as good me as the names we already had, and I can't really imagine using them. Ugh. A girl we could have names, no problem! Shoot, we could name five girls and never have a disagreement. Boy names are just hard.

• Options
    @amandarene112 I can relate, we had agreed and I was so set on Everett and then he totally shot me down. Boy names are so hard! Girl names are worse for us though. Naming a baby is so hard. 
  • Options
    @amandarene112 I can relate, we had agreed and I was so set on Everett and then he totally shot me down. Boy names are so hard! Girl names are worse for us though. Naming a baby is so hard. 
    Oh, he hasn't shot down a single name. He just wants to add more. As in, a 20 name list. No, dude. Just no. Too many names will make me crazy.

• Options
    @amandarene112 We picked the name August, but Peter and Charlie were our next two choices!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @amandarene112   I had a similar issue with DH.. he liked everything, especially for girls. I ended up making a big list of everything he liked, that I might consider, and got him to rate them 1-10. Anything that was below an 8 got ditched. I realized the issue was that while I am only going to mention a name if I LOVE it and would 100% be happy naming my child that, he was saying he "liked" any name he didn't specifically dislike. Oy vey. 

I do <3 Ezra, though! It's my all time favorite boy name, but DH doesn't love it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We like Rory for both girl and boy. Also Sawyer for boy and Nora and Eloise for girl. We already have an almost 2 year old named Theo so we want something a little different to match :)
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 Thank you! I don't know what to do and am feeling so guilty. I definitely want to love the name. 

He definitely wants to keep tradition. I think he will pretty upset if I get adamant about it. Eeee I don't know! 
  • Options
    Consensus on charlotte nn Charlie for a girl? Too popular right now? I'll probably be asking these kinds of questions a lot since DH shot down Felicity  :(
  • Options
    lap018 said:
    Consensus on charlotte nn Charlie for a girl? Too popular right now? I'll probably be asking these kinds of questions a lot since DH shot down Felicity  :(
    Boo! I don't love Charlie on a girl... no real reason, it just bugs me. Come to think of it, I don't love it on a boy, either. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lap018 said:
    I do love Charlotte with Charlie as nn. It is definitely a popular name right now, but if it's what you love you should do it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love Charlotte and Felicity. Charlotte is on my list too, but I don't really care about popularity 
  • Options
    @lap018 Boo! We had finally settled on the name Ramona Felicity, only to find out this baby is a girl. But I was really hoping someone would use Felicity, because I live it so much! I love Charlotte. Charlie on a girl is just ok to me, I much prefer the nn Lottie. 

• Options
    @lap018 I like Charlotte with Lottie as a nn. I might be biased since my great grandmother's name was Lottie.... but I think that nn is less common. Just an idea

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @lap018 I like Charlotte with Lottie as a nn. I might be biased since my great grandmother's name was Lottie.... but I think that nn is less common. Just an idea
    I was going to suggest this. In the country I live they nn Charlotte as lotta. I think it's cute.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    I need some suggestions!  Any ideas for girl names to honor Martha? It would be a middle name (most likely for first name Navy.)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 The only thing that come stop mind is Marta, or Martha itself. What about using an M name, and the initial is the honor? 

• Options
    cmar1006cmar1006 member
    edited March 2017
    @HollyGolightly09 that's a tough one! The only things I can think of would end in "y" like Marty. I like Marta, but that's very similar to Martha. 

Could you combine Martha with another family name or another name you like?

ETA I just found this on nameberry:

You could look for names with similar meanings. Martha means "Lady"- not just "female" but more like, "lady or the house" or "mistress". This definition could also be extended to "noblewoman":

Ada
    Adelaide
    Adeline
    Alice
    Arwen
    Audra
    Audrey
    Donna
    Isolde
    Ethel 
    Patricia

Or you could use the beginning of her name: