May 2017 Moms

Randoms and Questions 3.13 - 3.17

Re: Randoms and Questions 3.13 - 3.17

• @kns1988 yikes! That must be stressful. Do you know how long you'll be in limbo for before you have a better idea of what's going on?

I went to Costco today to buy all the food I need for my after-baby freezer meals. I feel like the housework around here is going to be severely neglected for the next few days while I deal with all of this!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • kns1988kns1988 member
    edited March 2017
    @CherryBananas, I think it'll be at least a year before they would transition us out if that's the route they're going to take. There's still an equal chance that they'll actually treat it like a partnership and not make any changes to the IT department, so fingers crossed for that. I left on very good terms, so maybe they'd keep me around either way! I'm glad I was taught the importance of not burning bridges. But the limbo could last quite a while.  

DH and I will definitely be saving up a 6 month emergency fund once all of our house stuff is finalized. I'll feel a lot more comfortable once we have that.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Loading the player...
  • Here's a question for moms of 2+...how long after birth were you restricted from picking up your older kids? My DS is very much a daddy's boy these days, but I'm anticipating that will change after this one is born, and I hadn't really thought about having to restrict myself from holding him for medical reason...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Kipperoo said:
    Here's a question for moms of 2+...how long after birth were you restricted from picking up your older kids? My DS is very much a daddy's boy these days, but I'm anticipating that will change after this one is born, and I hadn't really thought about having to restrict myself from holding him for medical reason...
    I want to say it was until my 6wk follow-up? Basically until I was cleared to return to exercise. I can imagine a c-section would have different restrictions. I definitely am going to ask my provider again for a reminder! 
    I did a lot of "let mommy sit down and then I'll hold you" types of things. It definitely takes some getting used to. But I would still "assist" in getting in the car seat and what not, I would just try to make DD1 do it mostly herself so I wasn't lifting her whole weight. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @mcvgal That sucks, Im sorry :(
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @mcvgal I'm sure they're more conservative with a preemie, but have you called Infant Risk?  Most anesthesia meds are fairly compatible with breastfeeding.
    Feb 2012:  DS1 born 40w2d, 7 lb 11 oz, 20"
    May 2014:  DS2 born 40w3d, 10 lb, 23"

Due May 2017 with DD1!
  • @Skeetied, yes it's because she's a preemie. In addition to the anesthesia, they also gave me some medication to prevent pancreatitis that sometimes occurs after the procedure. My LC said that is the one medication that was most questionable.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• @mcvgal hoping you feel better and glad they got the stones out. I remember the pancreatitis concern after mine as well ; thanks for being a woman here is an increased risk for ya! Are they going to remove gallbladder soon as well? Hoping your throats not sore
  • @mcvgal Hope you're feeling better! Sorry you have to pump and dump. 
  • @jayandaplus - I definitely have baby fever and wish the next 7 weeks would go by faster but then I remember how much I hate the newborn stage and I am okay with waiting a little bit longer. 

@Kipperoo - I didn't have a lifting restriction but I also didn't have a c-section.

@mcvgal - I hope that you are feeling a lot better!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @Kipperoo my lifting restriction is 15 lbs and I believe it is for 6 weeks

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• @CherryBananas I was thinking of making some freezer meals as well. Care to share some of your favorites? Or any tips/tricks? 
  • @rosemarylaff a freezer meal thread has been started as well :) I'm excited to get some ideas, too! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • @mcvgal. You may want to consider keeping milk for medicinal purposes or a milk bath. Just make sure it is clearly labeled not for consumption.  I always hated the idea of pumping and dumping.  

https://www.simplyrealmoms.com/posts/33-uses-for-breast-milk/
  • @mcvgal so sorry you had to pump and dump. Glad the procedure went well though! 
  • @LilMissCrafty I know, right?! I couldn't believe that it is real and costs that much! 

I hope your 3 hr GTT goes well! Glad they remembered to draw your blood first!! 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • @babyMC517 I've been seeing that all over. Can someone please explain this to me. Is there a reason for these... or did a designer legitimately feel these would sell....

April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• @LilMissCrafty Glad you're having a better experience!!
    @vrj0522 I hope I love the newborn stage as much as I think I will. Though, this whole pregnancy hasn't been what I expected, so... but I'm holding onto my ignorance for now!
  • jayandaplusjayandaplus member
    edited March 2017
    Oh, question: I know we've talked about underwear postpartum briefly (pun intended, haha), but I was hoping to get some recommendations of brands women liked.

Many of you mentioned getting the depends-like briefs versus just pad and underwear. Plus, I figured they'll get gross and stained and I'll want to toss them instead of doing more laundry. But all the brands I come across have some flaw, so I'm hoping some of you have some suggestions based on experience. Thanks!

ETA: Also, any padsicle recipes?
  • @jayandaplus What kind of flaw do you mean? I used Depends Silhouette Active Fit. 

@LilMissCrafty Glad this one is going much smoother than last time! Fingers crossed for you!

@BabyMC517 Just no! Do they sell these things just for publicity?! In that case it is working. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @mcvgal hope you're feeling better! I'm sorry about the pump and dump. 

@LilMissCrafty good luck today! I'm glad the tech was ready and waiting when you got there :smiley:
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @jayandaplus, I just went to Wal-Mart and got a size up from my normal panty size.  Something inexpensive.  I actually started wearing them again recently with nightgowns.  
  • @clebl24 thanks for the recipe and @jayandaplus thanks for asking. I got all my supplies and am planning on making the padsicles today. Perfect timing. 
  • @Kipperoo I wasn't given a lifting restriction at all after birth, but I didn't have a c section either. 

@mcvgal ugh, having to pump and dump is the worst!  I'm glad you at least have enough of a supply set up so that Lucia is still able to have your milk at this time! 
  • clebl24 said:
    @jayandaplus, I just went to Wal-Mart and got a size up from my normal panty size.  Something inexpensive.  I actually started wearing them again recently with nightgowns.  
    This. I just use whatever I've been using in third trimester, knowing that I'll probably just toss it afterwards. 
    I've always been ok with the hospital pads for the first 3-4 days and then just the overnight/extra long regular pads for the next week and slowly taper off to smaller pads. 
    I also don't make my own padsicles. I use the ice packs religiously in the hospital and then when I get home I just use the tucks pads, foam spray, and dermoplast routine! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @mcvgal hope you're doing well! Pumping and dumping is such a bummer I'm sorry. 

@hp_momma my first was a CS, would you mind going into detail what the tucks pad,foam spray, and dermoplast routine is?! What is the foam spray you speak of? :) thanks in advance. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Yeaaa, do I need to pick up underwear? I don't own any "full coverage"
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @nda_roxybabe I definitely recommend "full coverage" panties  ;)

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• This is a pregnancy thing, right? I get so antsy sometimes. Like it's just hard to sit at my desk working. I feel like I need to stand, walk, move. Any tips to help with this? I've got a big desk project today and I'm so uncomfortable/ fidgety.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @hp_momma my first was a CS, would you mind going into detail what the tucks pad,foam spray, and dermoplast routine is?! What is the foam spray you speak of? :) thanks in advance. 
    The foam spray was something the hospital gave me. I've been to two different hospitals in two different states and both gave me the same stuff! I want to say it's called EpiFoam or something along those lines with "Epi" in it. 
    The hospital also gave me a peri bottle and a can of Dermoplast but I always pick up a second can because stitches itch! The Tucks Pads I also pick up. 

So basically my routine after is to clean self with peri bottle followed by a direct spray of the Dermoplast and then a new pad layered with Tucks pads (like 2) and then foam spray on top! 

Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Alright, adding some granny panties to the list. I think I knew I needed to, I was just pretending I didn't.

Yea, I think I may go ahead and order an exercise ball to sit/ bounce on.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @clebl24 thanks for that useful link.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD