May 2017 Moms

Randoms and Questions 3.13 - 3.17

Re: Randoms and Questions 3.13 - 3.17

• @nda_roxybabe hmmm...I wonder if I could try that...thanks for the tip!
  • Loading the player...
  • @mcvgal, boo...I'm sorry. I hope your stay is brief and uneventful.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @SKZW I'm glad your restrictions are lighter! That's a relief for you I'm sure. If they are thinking 7-8 weeks, at least you will be term at that point! That's great!  
  • @skzw love that you said "in a bad boys 2 voice" haha I LOVE that movie and can pretty much quote the entire thing! 

@starphish all of the feels during all of the shows I watch! I'm behind in "This is Us" beacuzse im afraid I'll lose it completely! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • @SKZW Glad your restrictions are slightly lifted! I can't remember if you posted your reasoning behind bedrest and earlier delivery or if I missed it? 

@mdlorenz That's a really good essential list for everyone to go over before labor! I'm sure I could google this but, what's the IM Pitocin? I feel like after two deliveries I've never heard of this, is this standard in hospital births or something that people are asking for? 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @Squirtgun: That is awesome! I love hearing things like that! And after all the examples of people not doing their jobs... how refreshing and sweet of her!
  • @hp_momma IM Pit is nearly universal and standard of care in both hospitals I'm at. Some people refuse it and would rather rely on oxytocin during the first breastfeed --- which is an option if you are not separated from baby immediately postpartum. I'm a pretty firm believer in whatever the WHO (World Health Organization) thinks is essential for safe
    birth, because they're thinking of both low- and high-resource settings and wouldn't recommend something in those lower-resource areas if it wasn't backed up by solid evidence. Most moms don't remember the shot and most providers don't really offer an alternative - it's just a given. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• @mcvgal - oh no! I'm sorry to hear that!

@SKZW - sounds like a good plan and I'm glad you'll be able to go to 37-38 weeks.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• mdlorenz said:
    @hp_momma IM Pit is nearly universal and standard of care in both hospitals I'm at. Some people refuse it and would rather rely on oxytocin during the first breastfeed --- which is an option if you are not separated from baby immediately postpartum. I'm a pretty firm believer in whatever the WHO (World Health Organization) thinks is essential for safe
    birth, because they're thinking of both low- and high-resource settings and wouldn't recommend something in those lower-resource areas if it wasn't backed up by solid evidence. Most moms don't remember the shot and most providers don't really offer an alternative - it's just a given. 
    I'm assuming since I'm more of a "go with the flow" and "whatever the doctor recommends" kind of patient I must have been given the shot! I'll have to ask my OB at my next appointment if it's standard here (which I'm assuming it is as a military hospital...) Thanks for the explanation! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @thistlenweeds Omg, please update us on this mystery Amazon purchasing! I'm so curious.
  • @starphish18 I'll ask him just to make sure it wasn't him but I'm very curious too. Lol. So weird.
  • @hp_momma some also give it via IV apparently. 

May '17 labor memes
  • @mcvgal I hope you're doing ok! 

Also I am terrible and I can't remember her username, but did the first twin mom get to leave the hospital? I know it has a JK in her username. The one that has a DD that hadn't ever stayed the night away? Right? Was there an update I miss? 

What about the other twin mom whose water was bulging? Is she staying in the hospital until babies come even though they got contractions stopped? 

I am am on mobile and I am terrible at remembering usernames! 
  • SKZWSKZW member

@SKZW congrats on new bed rest regimen!

@BabyMC517 lol I only know 'Bad boys 2' from 'Hot fuzz' and I quote the line from there now too! Lol
    TY & I LOVE Hot Fuzz! That is precisely where I got that line from, LOL!

"You ain't seen Bad Boys 2?!" ...
    "Hag. Fascist." ...
    and the best line:
    "It's alright, Andy! It's just bolognese!"
  • thistlenweedsthistlenweeds member
    edited March 2017
    @SKZW "You DO do what i do!" lol ("You're making us all look bad!")

(So further to my first post: i did manage to go back to sleep. At like 5:30. To wake up at 6:15. After waking at 1:30. I need a nap!)
  • @clebl24 FX it's nothing!! 
  • @mdlorenz That is perfect, thank you! 
    @vrj0522 I logged in this evening to make you all tell me what BH are like again, because I thought I had some earlier today and again just a bit ago. I'm not sure, I felt a lot of pressure in my pelvic area and then my stomach feels stretched tight and uncomfortable, like I am straining it. 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @SKZW "You DO do what i do!" lol ("You're making us all look bad!")

(So further to my first post: i did manage to go back to sleep. At like 5:30. To wake up at 6:15. After waking at 1:30. I need a nap!)
    @thistlenweeds LOL,
    "proper action and shit!"
    "With respect, sir, you can't just make people disappear!" "Umm, yes I can, I'm the chief inspector."

• @SKZW Makes sense! I was assuming it was something related to pre-e but I couldn't remember if you actually posted about it. Fingers crossed your numbers/levels stay low! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @vrj0522 I logged in this evening to make you all tell me what BH are like again, because I thought I had some earlier today and again just a bit ago. I'm not sure, I felt a lot of pressure in my pelvic area and then my stomach feels stretched tight and uncomfortable, like I am straining it. 
    Sounds like bh. Your stomach will tighten for a little while, on one area or all over, and then it will release. It usually feels as if baby was pushing or sitting against it but there are no baby parts to be found.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I love how active our group is! I had a really busy day at work and wasn't able to keep up today. 

@clebl24 my mom had to have her gall bladder taken out a few years ago. She would get "attacks" after eating certain types of food. Basically debilitating pain that would only subside if she laid flat for a while or threw up. FX crossed your pain turns out to be nothing. 

@bacorrea we built a bear for DD before she was born and I am planning on taking her back next month to build a bear for this LO. I love the clothes that you got for their bears! 
  • Jkp7749 said:
    @bacorrea that was me! I am home! Got sent home with procardia to take as needed and had an u/s today and all looks good! Dd did good too! I did update but it was a wild day for a lot of folks so it probably got buried :)
    Hooray! I'm glad you're home @Jkp7749
  • Random question. Does anyone use a website/app for private photo sharing? H and I would like to create shared albums where we can upload pics of the baby for our immediate family and close friends to check out at their convenience. I was hoping to just use Google Photos, but I don't like that anyone you've shared the album with can share the link to others. Not that they would, but accidents happen, and we want to keep our photos private. So, we're looking for a platform where our photos are private, people we invite to a shared album can look but not share themselves, and it's easy to just adds photos to the albums from our phone.
  • @starphish18 - I use photo sharing on iPhone to share pictures with my family, but it only works if everyone has an iPhone. 

I think I might be having Braxton Hicks contractions, but I'm not entirely certain...I never had them with my son. Since about 4 this morning, I've been having cramps (not regularly timed or terribly painful) and *TMI* diarrhea. I'm thinking I should call the doctor just in case, but don't want to be that ridiculous patient. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*