May 2017 Moms

Randoms and Questions 3.13 - 3.17

Re: Randoms and Questions 3.13 - 3.17

• SKZW said:
    @BabyMC517: DST needs to be banished for good! The vast majority of people don't want it, and petitions have been signed pretty much every year for the last century over this.

I feel like this chat board already had this conversation... man, we've been pregnant forever.  ;)
    We did? Yeah, I don't remember haha I don't mind the fall back time change (gaining an hour of sleep is always good to me!), but this spring ahead crap can stop! I mean I like it in the summer when it is lighter for longer, but getting up at 6:30 and it is pitch black out is not fun! Not a morning person, can you tell?  :p going to be fun with a baby!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • I'm not a fan of the actual time change part of DST, but I appreciate the extra daylight since I have a toddler that loves to be outside.  

He actually slept the entire night for the last 2 nights (this is a big deal at our house) making the time change a little less difficult.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @starphish18 I agree that it might be a little early to get a convertible if you plan to use a carrier. I always made sure to leave the carrier with the kid and have a base in each car. Our daycare has car seat storage in case I drop off and DH picks up. 

I would also also recommend the car seat deals group. They will post great deals on seats when you are ready. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CarSeatDeals/

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @clebl24  gallbladder issues suck, I'm so sorry you're having pain. I'd definitely check in with your doctor sooner than later.
    Way before pregnancy I noticed I would get serious pain in the area you are talking about, mostly after eating dairy. I was able to control it by diet for a while but then the attacks (that's how it felt, like something was attacking me from that spot) got so much worse, triggered by stress too. They'd be so bad I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, I'd have to make myself throw up or lay in a hot bath. The pain actually rivaled the severity of labor pains, not fun. Finally after lots of testing I found a doctor who knew what was going on and removed it - my gallbladder was totally flat and sick. As soon as it was gone I felt amazingly better, no attacks since. 

Get yourself checked, @clebl24 and find some relief! sending good vibes your way
  • @clebl24 I've also had pain in the same area as you described. I had it almost every evening after dinner for about a week straight during 2nd tri and my midwife just said its most likely was growing pain. She suggested a couple of stretching tricks and they helped a bit. Nowaday, I get it occasionally here and there and baby hangs out more on my right side so it may very well just be him stretching and putting pressure under my right ribs. Its definitely not consistent.

Maybe this will help further answer more questions. Those with gallbladder problems, was the pain consistent or was there a pattern or was it just sporadic? 

• @LilMissCrafty Oh man, they should really pay attention. I had to do the 3 hr GTT as well, & its already not fun to sit there for 3 hours and get poked 3 times!

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• @kayemjay2 I agree with @clebl24 ! Go ahead & apply. There's nothing wrong with wanting to seek better/ new opportunities!

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• @kayemjay2 - I say go for it. @LilMissCrafty - Oh no! I'm sorry you have to go back, especially after you already drank that nasty drink. 

I think I'm in the minority here but I don't mind DST; however I do hate time changes so since DST lasts 8 months of the year already, I vote that they just take the hour away altogether. There is almost no point in going back to regular time for all of 4 months. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Random: My pregnancy brain has been out of control the last few days. Saturday night, I was changing our clocks for DST. I set all of the clocks in our house back and hour instead of forward and hour. DH said he didn't have the heart to tell me but we were actually 2 hours earlier than we were supposed to be when we got up Sunday morning. 

Then today I was trying to write down the Salin bank for my boss and wrote down SALEM bank. I don't know why that work entered my mind but she thought I was funny. 
  • @kayemjay2 , I agree with the other posters--you should not feel guilty about applying! Even if, best case scenario, you got a job right away, it's not like your current position is paying you for maternity leave. And, given that your current job is not permanent, they are likely expecting you to start looking soon anyway!

@clebl24 , likely because of my cholestasis, I've developed gallstones during this pregnancy. They don't hurt (maybe they cause a little tenderness from time to time), but nothing major. I met with a Gastroenterologist and she basically told me that pregnancy can cause increased gallstone production, but they don't generally do anything unless it is severely impacting me. If I were in your situation, I would talk to your doctor and see how they want to manage it. An ultrasound and some blood work would be the likely first step, based on my experience.   They found evidence of the gall stones in my blood work (for cholestasis) and confirmed the gall stones during my liver ultrasound (for cholestasis). If you do have gall stones, they may put you on Actigall, which I am on now (for cholestasis, but it also helps with gall stone reduction and control), which is no big deal--a pill that you take twice daily with no real known side effects. 

@LilMissCrafty , I would be SO unhappy. That test is unpleasant enough as is without having to drink that drink twice in one week. Sounds to me like there was a miscommunication and they didn't realize you were there for your 3 hour. I've had the 3 hour 3 times 

@SKZW , your bed rest situation sounds really frustrating. Try not to feel guilty for inconveniencing people, even though it's hard. It's just a few weeks although I know it seems like a lifetime. 

DST is ridic. And having a child made me hate it on a whole new, unthinkable level. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @clebl24 I had the same pain and told my OB. I got a full abdominal ultrasound and bloodwork done, and it came back completely normal. I have reflux on a daily basis, so my gastrointestinal doctor said it was likely a mix of increased heartburn and growing pains. My pain is daily and doesn't get better or worse with different diets of food. The ONLY thing that relieves my pain is laying completely flat. 
  • I'm antsy today. I feel pretty good other than my joints being a bit sore (think I slept funny), but my energy is good for once.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @nda_roxybabe Woot woot!!!! That is awesome news!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay, congrats for your H @nda_roxybabe!
  • @nda_roxybabe - Great news! Congrats to your H! 

I am on antibiotics for a sinus infection and they are making me so sick! I have a tummy ache and feel like puking for hours every time I take them. Just two more days of this... 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I swear I've been catching every pregnancy/birth episode of every show since I got knocked up (ok, I know I'm just noticing them now). All the feels.
  • @mdlorenz That grandparent and activity box sound awesome (I seriously want one).

@vrj0522 Oof, sorry you're not feeling so hot. :/
  • @starphish18 i was pregnant with DS when april and jaxson from greys anatomy were going through their pregnancy issues and it ripped my heart out! 
  • @Yiggle09 I just caught those episodes last week! Seriously, killing me here Grey's.
  • @nda_roxybabe , yay!! Congrats! I'm sure that's a huge relief! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mdlorenz - What an awesome Grandma! Thank you for all the ideas, I'll definitely be adding some of those to my list! 

• @mdlorenz very sweet grandma <3 I'll have to check it out and get my mom one for Mother's day, I'm sure she'll love it :)

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• So much for my horrible anecdote about gall bladder issues. I've been in the ER since 11ish today and the nurse just mentioned she's under the impression that I. Am getting admitted.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Does anyone have a good Birth Plan template/ sheet? I don't have much in the way of a birth plan (going with the flow!), but I have a few things I will want to note.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @WombThereItIs Perfect! I love it! 
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @WombThereItIs - That seriously had me laughing like a crazy person at my desk. Amazing.
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• I just shared it on my FB with the 1 edit to switch Benjamin Bratt to Ryan Gosling and to throw in some Emma Stone for H's sake.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @mdlorenz That'd be great. I just need basics really. I'll take what I have into my OB and go over any things I am unsure of with her.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • pshaortaopshaortao member
    edited March 2017
    @nda_roxybabe
    This is the one I had with my first pregnancy, they gave it to me to fill out and return anytime. 

• So I filled out maternity leave paperwork today and they made me put a start date in instead of working until d-day  :'( So I guess baby better come around then or I'll be quite grumpy!
  • @absbubbs They made me do the same, BUT said it's flexible. They just need a start date of sorts and I can continue to work until baby arrives and they'll adjust.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry