October 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Freebies and Deals PSA

purplestarzpurplestarz member
edited March 2017 in October 2017 Moms
I debated starting a new thread for this...but screw it. I love freebies, samples, deals, everything! There's always the codes for those baby leggings, nursing pillows, car seat covers, etc etc (STM's you know what I'm talking about right? I only like the car seat cover anyway), I figured we could use a place where we could share any baby/pregnancy freebies, too good to pass up deals, or once in a lifetime sales. Yes, it's super early for some things I realize, but I wasn't sure how long some of these deals would be going on and wanted to share what I've found so far. Sometimes these offers disappear quickly.

Walmart Baby Welcome Box
https://www.walmart.com/cp/baby-registry/1229485?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=CY3NkS*Y9qw&sourceid=16162260533311851555&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Scroll down to where it says "Welcome Box, delightful surprises for you and your baby, sign up now. Just fill in your info. Says 5 weeks for delivery. FYI, I couldn't get it to work on my phone so use a desktop if possible.

Amazon Registry (*ETA 2/27/17 looks like this is out of stock at the moment. But I've finished my registry requirements and signed up to receive an email when it's back in stock. ETA 3/2/17 BACK IN STOCK. Get it before it disappears again!)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1003000081

I haven't done this one yet, but plan to soon when I have the time. If you're a prime member you just need to create a registry, add at least one item from each of their categories, and once $10 is spent on one of your registry items you'll receive a baby welcome box (yes, slightly complicated). You can make a registry private. Which is what I'll do for right now since I'm paranoid about someone finding it (though that might be a crazy person thought). Honestly, for right now I just plan to add and buy something off the registry that's $10 and for my toddler so I'll get the box now.

Check with your Insurance
I also suggest everyone check with their insurance companies to see if they offer anything! I signed up for a baby welcome box from my insurance company's website and received it today. I received a pair of baby socks, a bib, a small bottle of lotion, two books for baby (ok, the toddler already stole those), a book for me on baby and toddler nutrition (lots of recipes), nursing pads, and some coupons. They also sent a form for me to take to my doctor to fill out and then they will give me additional free money added to my wellness card (to use on other medical expenses). I realize this is different for everyone and every plan. But I was pleasantly surprised. I had this same insurance with my first pregnancy and there was none of this. Also, check with them about how to receive your free breast pump of course when the time comes.

Anyway, that's all for now but I'm constantly scouring the couponing blogs and facebook pages for more freebies. If no one else finds value in this thread feel free to turn it into a GIF party.

Image result for couponing gif

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby Freebies and Deals PSA

• Options
    Ummm awesome info! And the gif cracked me up!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're the real MVP here.
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles
    Oct '15 - IVF 1 - 10R, 3M, 0F
    Sept '16 - IVF - 12R, 11M, 5F and 3 perfect day 5 blasts - MMC 7w5d
    Jan '17 - FET 1 - BFP, EDD 10/14

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    VLillyVVLillyV member
    edited February 2017
    Yay! I'm already super enlightened and it's only just begun! I will keep my eyes peeled!

Edit: Signed up for the Walmart Registry, worked well on Desktop computer!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Those baby boxes are THE BOMB! I gave one away on my website from a company that really started it over in the US here and it was very popular! I'm considering seeing if they want to run another giveaway once I finally announce. 

I did consider doing this thread the other day but wasn't sure how it would be taken, I get emailed from tons of companies about giveaways and freebies. 
    Nichole Tampa, FL
  • Options
    purplestarzpurplestarz member
    edited February 2017
    @mrs_fogue I really hope my insurance company has switched to Medela. I don't remember the brand I got last time, but it really sucked (or it didn't suck...and that was the problem. Pun intended).

@ShakeUpTampa share all the freebies!

@cythe
     Image result for youre too kind gif

• Options
    canonmom413canonmom413 member
    edited February 2017
    Edit: Sorry posted before reading. Oops 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    Buy Buy Baby has a really awesome sample bag when you register if I recall correctly. I believe we got a free Mam Pacifier, 8oz of Powder Formula for supplementing moms, breast milk storage bags, a bottle cleaner, and a booklet full of coupons. It may have changed, but they try really hard to one-up BRU so their bag is pretty great!
  • Options
    This thread is amazing, thanks for starting it! As a FTM I didn't know about most of this. I need to call my insurance soon, and will start a registry closer to announcement time.
  • Options
    @jessirh if you start Amazon you can keep it private, not sure on others as I had not looked in but if you want to get the welcome box after you spend $10 on your registry and not wait, that is an option! I bookmark things that way that I am shopping even if it's for other baby showers that are coming up lol 
    Nichole Tampa, FL
  • Options
    Free Enfamil formula samples, coupons, and I think bottle cooler but also get free belly stickers, you can choose from 3-4 types. They will send coupons often too if you are formula feeding that is a great thing. I donate mine out but like the other goodies. 
    https://www.enfamil.com/free-formula-samples-coupons
    Nichole Tampa, FL
  • Options
    @ShakeUpTampa Oh it can be kept private?? That's great! I've been saving baby stuff to my wish list until I could create a registry. Thanks!
  • Options
    Oh! Go IN to Motherhood Maternity stores and sign up for their stuff, you get free bottle, some samples, some coupons, and then of course on mailing list. Sometimes their packages include other things like paci's too. They gave me (2) sets for my sister who has twins on the way when I bought her preggie pops lol
    Nichole Tampa, FL
  • Options
    purplestars - THANK YOU!!!!!!  <3
  • Options
    @purplestars this thread is great!!

Any other jersey girls? I signed up for this a few days after BFP (optimistic, i know lol) and my baby box arrived today! It's totally free and has lots of free goodies. I'll take some pics once i can actually go through what's inside.  I don't think this is available in other states yet. https://babyboxuniversity.com/
  • Options

@shakeupTampa going of her comment.  I highly recommend that everyone sign up for the Enfamil even if you are planning to only BF.  It was a financial relief to swap coupons with ladies in my last BMB.  So even if you won't use them, there will be ladies here that certainly can. 

• Options
    Pampers has a rewards program. (Not really free samples, but you earn points and get free stuff.)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Similac also has free stuff and coupons
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @nmingram that reminds me, I don't like their new system.  I keep forgetting to submit the receipts.
  • Options
    Sorry for multiple posts!

Here are a few websites I found. The PENNY1 will give you $30-$50 off your order depending on the site.

https://www.carseatcanopy.com/
    Use promo PENNY1

https://www.nursingpillow.com/
    Use Promo PENNY1

https://www.sevenslings.com
    Use Promo PENNY1

Huggies has a rewards program too.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    mrs_fogue said:
    @nmingram that reminds me, I don't like their new system.  I keep forgetting to submit the receipts.

Are you referring to the Huggies program? I think they do receipts. As far as I'm aware Pampers still just does the codes which you can scan from your phone (their scanner SUCKS though. 99% of the time I have to type it in). I completely dropped the Huggies rewards when the changed it even though I always buy Huggies Wipes and Pampers diapers.

Also, if you sign up for Pampers it's worthwhile to also follow Hip2Save (or a similar couponing blog). They frequently post codes for bonus points. I've gotten several pretty good quality Melissa and Doug toys over the past couple years!

• Options
    As a FTM I want to say thank you! This saved me a lot of research! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I loved Pampers because you get so many free codes online! Took me two years because I cloth diaper typically but kid got the little tikes shopping cart from those damn points lol
    Nichole Tampa, FL
  • Options
    @purplestars yes, the Huggies program, I should have put that in there.  My first was a huggies girl...well still is in the pull-ups.  I've been hording the points for a GC but have enough for some of the toys. 
  • Options
    You can sign up for a free trial of Honest Company diapers, just remember to call and cancel the subscription  before the monthly box ships.  If you email babyganics, they'll send you coupons for their products.

Steals.com is a great site as well.  They have different "steals" ever 12 hours.  Some days are hit or miss, but when the baby gear is on there you can get items for upwards of 70%-75% off. I got my nursing cover for $10, a nose comfy for $7 (think nosefrida, but uses tissues as filters and is easier to clean), and much more.

@purplestars Thank you for this post! I didn't know Amazon does a baby welcome box.  Time to make a secret baby registry :smile:
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @purplestars I am new to this and was researching. Thank you so much for putting extra info about it! All of us FTM's appreciate!! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @nmingram  Have you ordered from any of those sites?  The pillow I want from NursingPillow is FREE with that code!!!  I just want to know if it is legit.  haha!

• Options
    @ashleyluxe with my first I ordered the "free" nursing pillow.. I say "free" because it was $17 shipped lol.  It's smaller then a boppy and softer. I liked it, but my daughter hated it. So it wasn't a big deal.
  • Options
    AMAZON PRIME members, if you have a registry (or don't, open one and keep hidden) but right now on my end when I log in, it shows EXCLUSIVES and offers me a free ebook from a selection of pregnancy books as well as 25% off Tiny Prints. 
    Nichole Tampa, FL
  • Options
    Also if you sign up for Pampers Rewards, they will send you a gift every three months as long as you enter at least one code per month. It's free melissa and Doug toys or some codes to shutterfly. I think you can even redeem the gift to get more rewards points. 
  • Options
    ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    edited February 2017
    Totally forgot about this until something sparked my memory. Amazon Warehouse Deals  the baby section alone has some great stuff, some are just damaged packaging and some are customer returns (but still have return policy on most) baby carriers, diapers, toys, clothes, bedding, etc. There is more than just baby stuff but figured that is where most would want to start lol. 

EDIT: Just saw a mamaroo for under $160, potty chairs, co sleep things and some mattresses. 
    Nichole Tampa, FL
  • Options
    @nmingram  Have you ordered from any of those sites?  The pillow I want from NursingPillow is FREE with that code!!!  I just want to know if it is legit.  haha!
    I haven't tried it yet..
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    MyelhsaMyelhsa member
    edited February 2017

I ordered one for my first baby.  I didn't find it useful as it was much thinner and smaller and didn't provide good support. I wound up investing in the Boppy which we love so much more. The only time I used my "free" nursing pillow from that site was when we returned home from the hospital, I used it as a pillow to sit on (doughnut) because my vagina hurt so much.
  • Options
    Yea sadly the price for what you get on those items are not worth it overall. You will get that "coupon" to get it for shipping multiple times, from Motherhood stores, online etc. The one I love and if I can find is the baby legs deal!!! They show as $12 but I got them DIRT CHEAP and bought a few pairs. Were great with onsies for making diaper changes simple and when crawling starts. If I find a code or deal I'll be sure to post it. If you can ever catch a clearance on JuDanzy, we love their products, my son modeled for them in 2014 and they do the cutest leggings, hair bows, tie and hat sets for boys, they even started doing some outfits! 
    Nichole Tampa, FL