August 2017 Moms

Introduction

Re: Introduction

• Hi Ladies, thought I would finally introduce myself. 
    34 and due with my 3rd August 8th. We're so excited to be having another boy and can't wait to share this experience with you. 
    TW: it's been a rough year with a CP and then MC in August so I've been hesitant to start jumping in. 

Now that I've done my NT scan and gotten the results back from my Maternity21 I'm feeling like now would be a good time to join :) 

• Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a while so time for an intro finally! We got our BFP mid-Dec after an early mc in April (I had a similar situation before my first as well). DD is 3 and we just found out yesterday we will be having a boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • dma0389dma0389 member
    edited March 2017
    Hi everyone! I had to change my SN a few weeks back because I had spaces between my names of the SN so it was difficult for folks to reply back. So I'm back again but with an easier SN and totally forgot to reintroduce myself. whooppps!

I'm Diane (family calls me Diana though) from Jax, FL. Was a Navy kid growing up and my dad's last station was Jax. Went away to college at FSU then got my big girl job in Los Angeles, CA. Moved around often and ended back in Jax. My hubby is from San Diego and moved to FL after our wedding back in October 2013. 

We have one DS who is 2, so this is my 2nd pregnancy. My EDD is August 20th. This time around I'm going to be more active on these boards. HELLO again everyone :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dma0389 I'm in Gainesville! (And a Gator...but we can still be friends!!)
  • @mrsmatt1212 :) hey we have common ground...we both dislike the Miami Hurricanes!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey, all! I've been lurking and posting in threads so better late than never to introduce myself right? Haha!  :)

I'm Megan from south central PA and my EDD is August 14-18. My husband and I have been together since the end of high school and this is our first pregnancy and baby. We're also team green by not finding out the sex of the baby. I'm currently working as a director of a public library but once mid-July hits, I'm leaving to become a SAHM. 

So excited to get to know you all!
  • Hi everyone :)

I'm back on TB; was part of the Nov'14 group, which was when I had my amazing daughter! We found out that baby #2 was on the way on Christmas Eve, and while it was less planned than our first, we are still very excited!

We live in Ontario, Canada. I'm a working mom, and my daughter has been coming to work with me since she was 6 weeks old. She now goes to daycare for half-days and comes back to work with me for the afternoons. It is the best of both worlds, and she learns so much in both environments.

I'm excited to be a part of this group!
  • @HappyToBeHere

My daughter is also a Nov 14 baby! So glad to see another momma from Nov 14. Congrats!
  • AB518AB518 member
    edited February 2017
    Hi!

DH and I finally felt like we were in a good place in life to start a family.  I'm in my early 30s, and my goal was to have a baby by the time that I was 35 to decrease risk.  I have known too many people who have struggled to get pregnant, so I wanted to give myself plenty of time to try to get pregnant because I didn't know if I was going to have issues conceiving.  I got my BFP after two months of trying which was much earlier than I expected.  I'm a FTM, and I will probably be one and done.  Pregnancy hasn't been treating me well at least so far.  I have been discovering pregnancy symptoms that I didn't even know existed until I got them.

EDD 8/2 based on last menstrual cycle and early ultrasound dating.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hello everyone, my name is shauna.
    My EDD is August 25th, this is my second pregnancy and will be my first birth. I was so worried I would have another miscarriage I waited till I was further along to really get into these chats. I'm 24 and live in anchorage  Alaska and couldn't be happier about this baby. Just thinking about it makes my day better. Nice to meet yall
  • Hello everyone I was posting on September 2017 because my original due date given to me was September 4th based on my first ultrasound, but that just changed today based on my second ultrasound, they said baby is actually measuring 14w1d so my new EDD is August 22nd. I have 3 older kiddos L my DD1 is 4 going on 5 in may, E my DD2 is 3, and my baby W DS is 17months. Happy to be here
                                                             Met DH 2008-engaged 8/10/2011-married 7/21/12 
                                              DD1 born on her due date 05/01/2012 7lbs12oz and 19 3/4 inches long
                                                     DD2 born 12/07/2013 @ 39w6d 8lbs15oz 20 3/4 inches long
                                                          #3 EDD 09/27/2015 ~ we are going for a HOME birth!

• Hi there!

My name is Caitlyn. I am super new to this. My baby's due date is August 1. I'm not sure what BFP means. But this is our first baby and i'm excited to be here! 
  • Hi guys!
    I'm due August 5th with my second ops. Hubs and I didn't think I would get pregnant again without trying lol. Trying to be positive. Just always bad timing for me :(.
  • August 5th too!
  • Hi there!

My name is Caitlyn. I am super new to this. My baby's due date is August 1. I'm not sure what BFP means. But this is our first baby and i'm excited to be here! 
    Welcome!  BFP means Big Fat Positive or you can substitute the "F" for another word if you'd like.  The "Read This First" thread has a link to acronyms to help you get acquainted.  Something to note is with the "." in your screen name, it will be very difficult to tag you as The Bump doesn't like punctuation in screen names.  To change it, you can go into your Knot profile :)

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• bumpybump said:
    Hi there!

Welcome!  BFP means Big Fat Positive or you can substitute the "F" for another word if you'd like.  The "Read This First" thread has a link to acronyms to help you get acquainted.  Something to note is with the "." in your screen name, it will be very difficult to tag you as The Bump doesn't like punctuation in screen names.  To change it, you can go into your Knot profile :)
    Yea, I use the F substitution ;)
  • edited March 2017
    Hi guys. This is probably going to turn into a wall of text, but here goes. I am 27, and currently a SAHM, my husband was in the Navy for 8 years before Perform to Serve came about, and his career counselor messed up some paperwork, saying he wasn't willing to crossrate and he was honorably discharged. He had planned on doing the full 20 years, but now we are so greatful that he is a civilian and get to take for granted that we can see eachother every day. He used to work on the Rhibs for spec ops, and now he is a diesel mechanic, and likes what he does. I was a Sept 15 mom, and was semi active on that board. My son came out after 46 hours by c section, due to failure to progress/dialate and heartrate deceleration. I am torn between trying again for a vaginal birth, or just having a laid back c section and trying to enjoy the experience. I had a birth plan (kinda), that was not it, and had a bit of ptsd and ppd from that. I am now totally over that and accept that a birth plan is more of a wish list for some.

I did not plan my son(6 years, so we just didn't even hope at that point), and I did not plan this one, though I feel so blessed to get so lucky. (My husband claims super sperm) We had some early testing come back positive for spina bifida and trisomy 18. We had the anatomy scan at 17 weeks, and both looked fine. Brain looks great and spine looks beautiful, however we will be going back on this week for an echocardiogram. The doc said that what he saw would not cause a problem, just an anomally, but wanted to look closer just to be sure. He also did some genetic testing on me, and we are hoping no amniocentisis. My husband is amazing, and he feels that we have nothing to worry about, and that is their job to cast a wide net in order to catch those sweet babies that do have something wrong. God I love that man.

I tend to be an introvert by nature, and so I did not want to introduce myself to you ladies, and then have the added heartbreak of having to say goodbye. However, now I am feeling more confident having seen that her brain and spine look great, and with my husbands support. I broke down yesterday, and I couldn't even handle my teething son, because I was just hurting so bad with worry. So thankful he was here to talk me off a ledge. I didn't realize how much I already love this baby girl. 

I don't know where I belong, board wise, but I am leaning toward August. My original due date was July 28th, then they moved it to the 26th, now they say the 29th.... all I know is that the first is the most accurate, so I am sticking with that. I was two weeks late with my little guy, so I feel this one will be an august baby too.

Edited because spelling is hard, and auto correct makes it harder.
  • MissCassyMissCassy member
    edited March 2017
    Hello :) I am due August 6th, and just discovered the Bump, and LOVE it! So excited to discuss baby and pregnancy stuff since I am not big on facebook. This is an oops, we thought that since we needed metformin to concieve our first (wasn't trying, just have insulin resistance), that we were safe LOL

My BFF, who also is a cousin's fiance is due Sept 2nd with her rainbow baby, so it is a pretty exciting time! I got my bfp on thanksgiving, just tested on a whim (just barely pregnant), and she got hers on Christmas. We found out the same week that we are pregnant with a girl and she is pregnant with a boy. 

Edited because my phone makes words hard
  • Um no... Isn't a catfish one of those people who pretend to be a Nigerian prince or princess and try to scam you out of money? What business would someone like that have here? I have had a long day guys, all I do all day is IVS and pick lines. I'm gonna take a nap now. What would make you think I am one though?
  • ^^what she said.  B)
  • Nxy said:
    Ms.Cassy said:
    Um no... Isn't a catfish one of those people who pretend to be a Nigerian prince or princess and try to scam you out of money? What business would someone like that have here? I have had a long day guys, all I do all day is IVS and pick lines. I'm gonna take a nap now. What would make you think I am one though?
    Pretending not to know what a catfish is, is almost an instant indication that you are one. Secondly, I went through some of your reply history for kicks and Second tri; how long did it take to concieve?; Ms.Cassy: "It took us a year with our first, but tried not to stress overy it. The moment you relax, it will happen for you, good luck to anyone trying!
    Yea I don't care who you are at all catfish or not TTC isn't about trying to relax it doesn't work like that. That's a slap in the face to all the women currently going through heartbreaking issues with infertility. Just relax. ... ffs. Just relax through your rounds and rounds of fertility treatments. Just relax and you'll totally start ovulating again, trust me I'm on the internet. Just relax and you SO's sperm count will go up nbd. Oh you're going through IVF JUST CHILL DUDE. 
    I don't like you. 
    NXY I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. I really truely didn't. I didn't understand that it was about treatments like iui and ivf. I thought it was about like, just tring to concieve naturally, and just wanted to offer encouragement. What I meant was I just gave up and started to look into adoption when it happened unexpectedly for us. I didn't mean to hurt anyone, honest. 

I am a nurse, and the only way I have heard catfish used in reference to things like that, or people on dating sites trying to get money out of guys. So I guess chalk it up to ignorance.
  • lewlivlewliv member
    edited March 2017
    At this point I don't care if you're real or not. I don't think we can trust any new members right now...
  • at this point i hope Ms.cassey is a catfish because their is some serious bullying​ happening. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @pbandjyummies who is bullying?? 
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• LivLew said:
    At this point I don't care if you're real or not. I don't think we can trust any new members right now...
    I don't feel like this fair, but could someone maybe dm me and explain why? I dont feel that it is fair, but I have had anxiety and depression issues in the past, so know that feeling well. But I would at least like an explanation. What does this mean for me? 
  • Ms.Cassy said:
    LivLew said:
    I don't feel like this fair, but could someone maybe dm me and explain why? I dont feel that it is fair, but I have had anxiety and depression issues in the past, so know that feeling well. But I would at least like an explanation. What does this mean for me? 
    YGPM
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• NxyNxy member
    It doesn't matter the exact circumstance the, "just relax" BS get's me so mad. I've got my reasons for it and even if I didn't I still think it's a slap in the face to everyone struggling with infertility.  Everyone has shit that bothers them, that bothers me. If I'm a bully, then I'm a bully. I'm sure Britvahok did a nice job explaining things to her and if Ms. decides to stick around great. I'm sure she'll change my opinion about her I'm pretty easy to sway if a person isn't full of crud. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ms.Cassy said:
    LivLew said:
    I don't feel like this fair, but could someone maybe dm me and explain why? I dont feel that it is fair, but I have had anxiety and depression issues in the past, so know that feeling well. But I would at leashhnlike an explanationx. What does this mean for me? 
    I'm very sorry if you just happened to find the Bump today but the board is having a hard time with a certain individual that hurt a lot of people and keeps creating new accounts after being banned. I guess once you start participating and we get to know you better we will be able to see that you're not her - if you really aren't 
  • @NXY, I understand, I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm a bubbly person and sometimes get ahead of myself. I think I will go edit it so it doesn't trigger anyone else.

@LivLew I understand the concept of mistrust well, and thank you guys for the explanation. It is easier to understand and accept knowing the reasoning. I've always been that type since I was a child. 
  • welcome Ms.Cassy :smile:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MissCassyMissCassy member
    edited March 2017
    welcome Ms.Cassy :smile:
    Thank you. And I read in another thread that I can't be tagged. How can I fix that? The bump app account page doesn't give me that option.

ETA nope, nevermind. Read farther up in intro thread and figured it out.
  • well if I'm the only one that sees it and ya'll think otherwise then disregard.

let's be cautious but not jump to conclusions, at any given point we all had our first post. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker