August 2017 Moms
Options

Introduction

Re: Introduction

• Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Shaylee and I got my BFP just yesterday!! (Dec.16) My EDD according to my last period is August 24th. This is my 3rd pregnancy. I had a miscarriage my 1st but my 2nd pregnancy resulted in a beautiful baby boy! He is currently 13 months old♡ I'm a little nervous about miscarrying again but am trying to stay positive through these tender first weeks! 
  • Options
    Hi, I'm chaya! I went to the Dr for some testing for something different and they caked be on Friday that I was positive for hcg! Im only 4 weeks now...
    This will be my second,I have a 12 month old DS and I an super excited to have another! 
    My last pregnancy was very hard as I had severe HG, So much so that I couldn't leave my bed and I threw up from turning my head or opening my mouth the first three months! It gradually got better over the pregnancy, but not totally, and I was throwing up until I went into labor(and actually even while I was in labor)! 
    I am hoping really badly that my first pregnancy was a fluke and this time around it will be easier, as now I have my hyperactive one year old and more demanding jobs! 
    Last time around, it all went south the day I turned 6 weeks... I'm only 4 weeks now so I hope to get it all in these next two weeks...
    I know all this sounds really gloomy, but the truth is I an really excited, because I now know just how worth it this process is! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chayamosko Praying you have a healthy, nausea-free pregnancy this time. Stories like yours break my heart as I have a phobia of nausea/vomit and it almost kept me from trying to have kids. I'm very lucky that my nausea was limited and mild with my DD and hoping it will be non-existent this time around! 7 weeks tomorrow, so far so good!
  • Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Sarah and I just got my BFP this morning. H and I already have a 10 month old (I was decently active in the feb2016 bmb). We decided to start trying for #2 since the first one took about 5 years to conceive, and ended up with our bfp way sooner than anticipated! Based off my ovulation day, my due date should be somewhere around Aug 24th (H's birthday). I'm super excited and can't wait to enter this journey along side y'all! I hope everyone has a H&H 9 months!
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @flowerintherain I think there are a few of us here from Feb16 :) Excited to walk this journey again with you ladies! I'm thinking it will be very exciting to have littles 18 months apart (though ours wasn't exactly "planned" either) haha.
  • Options
    hi all! i'm Em from CA -- this is the first pregnancy for my husband & i, and we are getting more excited with each day (tbh, after the initial shock of the bfp.... mostly on my part!).

EDD is Aug 17, and my first dr appt is right after christmas -- we can't wait!!
    I have never participated in or been a part of a community board/forum/group in my history of using the internet -- so this is a first for me as well! happy to be here, and learn/grow/share with you all :)

happy holidays xx

• Options
    chayamoskochayamosko member
    edited December 2016
    middy411 said:
    @chayamosko Praying you have a healthy, nausea-free pregnancy this time. Stories like yours break my heart as I have a phobia of nausea/vomit and it almost kept me from trying to have kids. I'm very lucky that my nausea was limited and mild with my DD and hoping it will be non-existent this time around! 7 weeks tomorrow, so far so good!
    Thanks for the prayers! Hope you have an easy one too! 
  • Options
    @Ken&Anna I also had a pmp last year. I was going to be due in August of 2016. Horrible horrible experience. I had HG which was a nightmare while caring for 2 kids but at least on the plus side it will make regular morning sickness feel like a breeze! It took ages for my levels to get down to zero and then stay there the required amount of time but I think it's finally behind me.

I got a bfp about 2 weeks ago- I am due the 7th I think but based on my older 2 kids I'm guessing this will be late July as well. I have a May 12 and April 14 children as well and am a sahm. I am still in fb groups for those kiddos and while my May group is lame April is not! 
    Hi! That sounds terrible! I hope this time around is easier and goes well! I had HG with my last pregnancy too, and it was the hardest experience of my life! I'm praying so hard that this time around will be easier! I'm only 4 weeks now so I have no indication of how it will be yet...
  • Options
    @middy411 Nice! I'm glad other Feb 16 mama's are here too! I think pregnancy hormones are starting to get to me because I'm starting to feel really guilty about the age gap being so close and having to take attention away from DS :(  
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @flowerintherain I just think about how excited DD is going to be to have a playmate. She loves all little kids, babies, animals lol so I feel sort of like it's a gift to her instead of taking something away from her. I'm hoping she shares a special bond with this baby since they'll basically go through similar life changes at the same times. But I definitely plan to make her feel extra special during the time I have with just her (though she's probably already a bit spoiled with my affections lol). When new baby comes they will each get their special time with mom/dad plus they'll have their own special relationship.
  • Options
    Hi, Everyone!

I am 34 and mother to two boys ages 6 and 4. We weren't TTC, but sometimes surprises are the best things yea?

I was hesitant to test, as usually, one time of the year my period seems to run long for some reason, but as soon as I took one the line popped up before it even reached the control mark. 

I have had two miscarriages before and complications with both pregnancies, so I am hoping for the best.

Look forward to getting to know everyone.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Natural MC - 4/18/10 (9 weeks)
    DS was born six weeks early on December 2010!
    Natural MC - 11/21/11 (7 weeks)
    DS born full term on October 2012!
  • Options
    Hi Everyone!  I'm from Philadelphia.  This is my 3rd baby.  We have two very active boys, a 5 yr old and a 2.5 yr old. Even though it's early, this pregnancy is already different than my last two.  My due date is around August 17th.  I go to the Dr's on the 27th for my first ultrasound.

Excuse my ignorance, I don't know majority of what the abbreviations stand for.
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerSaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    Hi all! My name is Brooke and I live in Michigan. I got my BFP yesterday and according to my LMP my due date is August 25th. I am a STM, I have an almost 5 month old amazing baby boy who was born August 6th...so you can imagine my surprise when I found out I was pregnant so soon. I was super active in my August 16 board and hope to be just as active in this one. 
  • Options
    Hi. First pregnancy here and I have to say I have no idea what all these acronyms mean! I have my first doctors appointment tomorrow. I'm due on August 6th
  • Options
    @Mama_Sass, we are neighbors! I'm over in NJ, about a half hour from Philly. Welcome to the board!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Hello Ladies! I am Tonya and this is my second child. My first baby is 11 months old now and I honestly didn't expect to conceive so quickly since I have some auto immune issues! I also live in Georgia where I was born and raised!
  • Options
    Hi, I am Cassandra. My current due date based on LMP  is 8/7/17, but that is probably inaccurate since I have PCOS and irregular cycles at times. I am 32 and have a almost 7 year old son that was born at 30 weeks gestation due to severe pre-eclampsia. I am also a NICU nurse so I feel like I am going to be an anxious mess this pregnancy. I am also very excited though! First OB appointment is tomorrow, so we shall see how big this baby is And get a better estimate on when he or she may come.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! I was knottie during my wedding planning time, but it's been (more then a) few years since I've been on the boards. Since I have no idea what my old log info could be, I had to create a new sn for the bump.

I'm a born and bred Jersey girl, happily married for almost 9 years. We have a dog and cat :)

I got my squinter of a BFP on 12/11 around suspected 8dpo. It was a so faint that I swore it was an evap... until I took three more tests that all showed up with a line. I started tracking line progression each morning and by four days later it was dark enough that I felt comfortable to take a digital that popped up with 'pregnant 1-2'. We weren't TTC (planning on trying in maybe winter 2017), so this is a bit of shock, and we're cautious people, so both of us are keeping our emotions closely in check during these early days. Especially considering I had a chemical pregnancy in Jan of this year. Right now my EDD is August 27, 2017!

The pregnancy is a secret, just my husband and sister know about it, so I'm pretty happy that the board is active because I have a lots to learn.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Christine from the Boston area. I was active on the Jan '15 facebook group as that was easier for me to keep up with at the time. My Jan 15 baby was born in the car so I will have plenty of advice for what to do in that scenario as the time gets closer!  I also have a May '12 so this will be #3.

I had a hard time conceiving #2 so this was a surprise after only 4 months of TTC and I'm hoping it sticks! I was following the Medical Medium's diet to kill Epstein Barr related illnesses (autoimmune) and seems to have worked for me. I'm not sure I will be able to keep it up during pregnancy though because a) there is a lot of raw juicing involved and b) my appetite is already totally messed up. 

I found out on 12/10 and have been watching the lines grow darker. I got a peak on the fertility monitor on 11/29 so depending on if you consider that the O date or the following day I am either due 8/22 or 8/23. I'm looking forward to bonding with you ladies!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    donehue said:
    Hi, I'm Christine from the Boston area. I was active on the Jan '15 facebook group as that was easier for me to keep up with at the time. My Jan 15 baby was born in the car so I will have plenty of advice for what to do in that scenario as the time gets closer!  I also have a May '12 so this will be #3.
    Oh now I'm intrigued! Cannot wait to read about this!! Holy crap!
  • Options
    @Mango517 welcome! I'm a jersey girl too! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Mama_Sass, we are neighbors! I'm over in NJ, about a half hour from Philly. Welcome to the board!
    Hello Neighbor!  Thank you
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerSaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    I swear this is the third time I have tried this and I hope it works. BFP was Nov 22 ( just in time for me to be able to tell my Mom on Thanksgiving!) and due date is August 1. I barely made it in here with you ladies!
  • Options
    Hi all!! Excited to be here with you! 

First time mom here!! I got my BFP on 12/14 and told my husband that night. I wrapped up a copy of Jimmy Fallon's book, "You're Baby's first word will be Dada" and said it was an early Christmas gift! He was so excited! We had been trying since July. 

I havent been been to any appts yet but talked to my dr on the phone. Based on my LMP, my EDD is August 24th. So, I could end up in the Sept moms group. Very excited and trying to keep it in. We decided not to announce to anyone until at least the new year and hopefully involve our niece and nephew in the announcement in some way.

Congrats to all here!!
  • Options
    EDD August 3rd! Delivered at 31 weeks with my son. Praying to delivery a full term baby this time! 
  • Options
  • Options
    Hello Mommies, just found out we were expecting last week and had bloodwork results come back today that say so far so good. I'm only 5 weeks. I am married and have a DS who is named Nolan. We had a loss earlier this year and I was in the Nov16 group for a little while and before that I was in the Nov13 group with my son. I had ICP with my first pregnancy so I'm hoping everything goes smoothly this time. Loved having a support group like this during my pregnancy. Excited for this adventure. 
  • Options
    @donehue holy crap! This story just made my day! You really are a rockstar! I'm sure it was scary and crazy and a million other things at the time, but sure makes for a good story now! 
  • Options
    Hi all,
    FTM here from Chicago. My DH and I weren't actively trying, but here we are. EDD is 8/6 but we have our first ultrasound this Friday so, that might change. I'm super excited for our first visit, hopefully we get a good heartbeat since I will be almost 8wks. If all goes well we're telling immediate family that weekend.
    I'm super nervous since I started a new job 5days after finding out, so that's nerve wracking.  We don't plan on telling anyone other than immediate family until around 12-14wks so I'm just hoping my job is ok with it. They are awesome people and company but it's only 25 ppl. Now if only our dog would stop acting weird and antsy around me....

TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @maebee87 Congrats!  When I saw your screen name, I knew it looked familiar. Glad to see you here!

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Hello.

My name is Lilian. I'm currently 24 and DH is 33. BFP this afternoon. I believe I ovulated on December 4th, so that would make EDD August 26th. DH and I have been actively pre-TTC all year, but this was our first cycle trying. I feel extremely fortunate and hope I'm not using up all my karmic goodness up front. I hope it's a sticky bun. I'm out of town visiting my grandmother-in-law right now alone to take care of her, so I'm really missing DH now. I want to be with him to celebrate this moment.
  • Options
    My name is Jenny and I am from GA. I have a 3 year old named Ansleigh and a 10 month old named Avery Grace,so this will be our third and final. Edd due date is September 1st, 2017 and based on my previous pregnancies my babies both came at 38 weeks, so I am thinking I need to be more active here. Shout out to all the Feb 16 mamas here.
  • Options
    Hello all!

i got my BFP on 12/15/16 4 days before af was due to arrive. My EDD is 8/28 which is right between mine and DH's birthdays. We have a 3 year old DS and earlier this year we decided we wanted to expand our little family. I had my Mirena removed October 13 and here we are! 
    Ive had 2 early losses before our son, so I'm cautiously optimistic, but things seem to be going right along. My 1st appt is 1/6 and my OBGYN will do an ultrasound then. 
    I've mostly been a lurker on these boards over the years, so I'm excited to be more active on here this time around. Congrats everyone!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hi all! I really didn't think it was going to happen this cycle, but I just got my first super faint BFP yesterday, and slightly darker today! Yay! I had my IUD removed last spring and was feeling discouraged by cycle after cycle of no pregnancy. Two cycles ago I started using OPKs, which helped, because I found out I ovulate later than average. I am 28 and my husband is 27. Based on LMP, I haven't actually missed my period yet and am just under 4 weeks and would be due Aug 31, so barely in August. I'm really hoping it works out! This will be our first non-fur-child.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Hi ladies!

I was going to wait to intro, but I've been lurking and I figured why not. I'm Stephanie, both DH and myself are 30. **TW** I got my BFP at 11dpo on 12/16 after a MC in May at 17 wks and a CP in early November. **end TW** This will be the first living child for us- EDD 8/28. Cautiously optimistic after my first beta on Monday of 185; just went for my second this morning. FX for rising numbers!