August 2017 Moms

Announcing

12346»

Re: Announcing

• @sarahbethbr ok, so this is my absolute favorite announcement yet! I love how it reflects your personalities!!!!! So dang cute!
  • Loading the player...
  • How did you share the news with your kids?  Looking for creative ways to tell my 8 year old and 4.5 year old.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How did you share the news with your kids?  Looking for creative ways to tell my 8 year old and 4.5 year old.
    My 6 year old saw the ultrasound and asked what it was ... so I showed him his sonogram photos and we led him to figuring out the new ones were taken today, so there is a baby in my belly. He jumped up and down and almost cried. It was awesome. 
  • AB518AB518 member
    edited February 2017
    A lot of people had really cute ideas for announcing their pregnancies.  I was boring.  I told my parents and siblings over FaceTime the day that I found out that I was pregnant.  I then told several people at work when I was 5 weeks because I needed to protect myself from certain occupational exposures.  (I work at a hospital.)  I soon realized that people are terrible at keeping secrets, so almost all of my family, friends, and coworkers knew that I was pregnant by the time that I was 8 weeks.  I don't regret not having a cute pregnancy announcement or waiting to tell people, but I do like seeing the cute announcements that other people have had. Having my coworkers know that I'm pregnant made getting through my first trimester a little easier.  And I'm also terrible at keeping secrets, so everyone knew that I was having a boy within a week of when I found out.  I just can't keep good news to myself!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't do anything exciting.  Just told people in person or over the phone.  My sister who suspected got told, "she was right."
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @SarahBethBR I love it so much that I want to do something similar!
  • @mamaof2hopefully That's really sweet.  Thanks for sharing!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • and_peggyand_peggy member
    edited February 2017
    We finally announced!
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Vickers224Vickers224 member
    edited February 2017
    @aehogan90 congrats! we just did too! How far along are you?
  • @Vickers224 I am 14 weeks now 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • edited February 2017

I forgot to share the announcement we made for Valentine's Day...
    Eliza 
    Married to a pharmacist
    Mother of two boys, three girls, and one more little boy on the way!
    Two time miscarriage survivor.
    So happy to be expecting our sixth child in August 2017!

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We just got our genetic screening results back and we are having another healthy baby BOY. We will use these pictures to announce tonight. We had a friend take gender reveal pictures for us last week, but since we didn't know what we were having we actually took pictures for both
  • I love allllllllllll of these! This is baby #2 for us, and was quasi-unexpected. On Christmas Eve, I still hadn't gotten my period, so DH and I snagged a pregnancy test and wanted to take it quickly before church just to verify that my body was simply stressed from the pneumonia I had just gotten over. I left the digital stick with DH as we waited and I went to grab a glass of water. Results came in while I was away from him, and he's actually the one who told me we were 2-3 weeks along :).

We've just been telling people in person as we see them! I don't put much on Facebook, so I'm sure there will be lots of surprised people I see within the next 5 months :).
  • @kristenk727 what a cutie! And we totally have that damn Costco bear too! Thank you in laws for filling my house with giant shit! Lol
  • We finally announced the day of our anatomy scan. Being in Korea is been easy to keep it quiet for anyone other than close family and friends. 
  • We finally decided to announce on social media today... We posted these pictures with the caption, Keat has some pretty BIG news =)