Infertility

February IVF

Re: February IVF

• @missydallas @stella_700 Too funny! Those lefties are causing all kinds of problems! Yeah when they are "searching" for your ovary when you are already bloated and painful is no fun! Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • @Enchilada - 14 is a great number! When are you supposed to get the next report? all the way until day 5?

AFM, just got a message that my meds have been ordered! I'm supposed to keep taking the BCPs until i get a confirmed delivery date and then my care team can tell me when to stop them. Hurry up, pharmacy, hurry up! :lol:
  • @caseyw8784 thanks!  Yeah, it's gonna be all the way to day 5, but I'm ok with that.  I need to focus on something else for a few days, like a nice Valentine's Day and hmm, my job lol :). Excited for you to get started!
  • Got the call, triggering tonight! ER is wed morning. They said my levels were kinda high and I am at risk for OHSS. They are lowering my dose of Pregnyl (trigger shot) They told me to drink Gatorade and get plenty of rest but didn't really tell me anything else. Anyone else have any experience with this?
  • so I know I'll have a lot of questions regarding tips and stuff for the stims once I start (it'll take forever to go back through all these pages of posts!) but one I'm curious about...I know many suffered constipation while on the stims...did your doctors tell you to take colace or dulcolax softeners?  one person i know suggested starting them a day or two BEFORE feeling backed up, to try to nip it in the bud to begin with...is that safe to do that?
  • @caseyw8784 I had it a bit but nothing major, good question to ask your RE! I just stock up on fiber bars and try to eat higher fiber foods. When you get pregnant :) that can be one of the first side effects so good to start getting some high fiber snacks and chugging water anyway :)
  • @caseyw8784 --Having read of this being a possible problem, this weekend I had a big salad twice as a meal with grilled chicken for the protein. I've still certainly noticed an unfortunate trend that direction. I think stocking up on fruit/salad and some fruit juice as well would be wise. Not sure that I'll need to take anything (everyone's body is different), thinking just being mindful of my water and food choices will do the trick.

• @gatorgirl2009 exciting! I am also at risk for OHSS. Lots of follicles and pretty high estrogen. My RE gave me an OHSS prevention handout. Basically lots of water and Gatorade and rest but they also have me adding lots of protein and salty foods to my diet. The salt seems kind of counter productive but the way she explained it made sense lol. I plan on having Gatorade and gardettos which is my typical hangover go to so now nobody at work will be suspicious, they'll just think I partied too hard the night before haha
     GL and I hope you get lots of eggs and feel okay afterwards! Keep us posted!
    Me: 29 DH: 44
    DX: PCOS
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    IVF #1, Feb 2017 - 22 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 14 Day-5 blasts to freeze
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • @caseyw8784 I received my meds the day after the authorization came thru but I have a specialized pharmacy nearby so that could have expedited things. How long did it take for your ins company to authorize your cycle? I'm waiting on that part now and im kind of panicking it won't be in time. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Marley629 said:
    @caseyw8784 I received my meds the day after the authorization came thru but I have a specialized pharmacy nearby so that could have expedited things. How long did it take for your ins company to authorize your cycle? I'm waiting on that part now and im kind of panicking it won't be in time. 
    I had been previously authorized over the summer/fall 2016, but we had other delays so that one expired, and then i needed to re-do the yearly exams/bloodwork to be resubmitted. The first time it took about 5-6 weeks (but apparently my insurance company is notoriously slow with authorizations!!) but this time it took less than 2 weeks. I don't know if since nothing had changed from before, they didn't have to look into it as deeply or not. 

I got the message from my RE mid/late afternoon that they had ordered the meds and that I would be contacted by the pharmacy to coordinate delivery, which hasn't happened yet, so i'm assuming they will touch base tomorrow and hopefully will get the meds on Wednesday. :)

Did any of you have to sign off on the meds when they were delivered? Trying to figure out if I need to coordinate it for when my husband is home or not...
  • @caseyw8784 - My meds came by UPS overnight and did not need a signature. I had my husband available to drive by the house if the meds arrived before we get home from work so we could get the Follistism in the fridge but luckily he got home shortly after they arrived.
    Me: 31 DH: 31 Married: 8/2007
    MFI - Due to blockage
    IVF#1 Feb/Mar 2017 - ER: 14 Eggs, 13 Mature, 7 Fertilized, 1 Blastocyst (PGS tested abnormal)
    IVF#2 May 2017 - ER: 16 Eggs, 14 Mature, 5 Fertilized, 1 Blastocyst (PGS tested abnormal)
    IVF#3 July/Aug 2017 - ER: 15 Eggs, 13 Mature, 12 Fertilized, 6 Blastocyst, 5 PSG normal (3 Girls, 2 Boys)
    FET# 1 September 29,2017 1st Beta - 236 2nd Beta - 806 3rd Beta - 2932
    Due Date - 6/17/18 Father's Day!
  • @caseyw8784 I ordered my meds from MD drugs and I had to sign when delivered! You can have them sent anywhere (work, family members, etc). Hope you can start soon!
  • famiylgrl86famiylgrl86 member
    edited February 2017
    Hi Everyone! Hoping to join your group! I'm supposed to go for my baseline ultrasound this Friday :smiley: 

@krenee124 Good luck this morning!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HopeSIN haha I love the Internet ban :) great number!! Update us when you find out more. 

We're in the TWW and my husband is driving me crazy asking how I feel. *TW* with my daughter (conceived naturally) I knew within days I was pregnant, very clear, very early signs. He doesn't get that the meds I'm on make everything screwy so STOP ASKING, ha! Just trying to keep busy over here.
  • Hey ladies! so much exciting news going on!  I've been MIA (got sent out on a work trip to Reno and 12 hour days have been the norm) BUT its kept me (relatively) focused on something besides waiting for our PGS results.  Which should be coming today or tomorrow.  (cue freak out bc nerves are real and OMG)

I just scrolled through the last weeks worth of updates, FX for everyone and for lots of good news for the 2nd half of the month!

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• @krenee124 GL this morning.  My ER was Friday morning and pretty much slept the entire rest of the day and a full 8.5 hours that night.  I did have some tummy issues thanks to the antibiotic they gave me coupled with some uncomfortable constipation which is normal for receiving anesthesia.  

The next day I felt fine with very little cramping.  I definitely could have gone to work.  That being said, they only retrieved 3 eggs so I might have felt differently if there were a lot more.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @lizycs - 18 eggs! that's an awesome number! FX that they all grow like crazy! :smile:

AFM, has anyone here used CVS Caremark for their meds? My nurse at my RE's office just told me that they usually take a couple days to "review" the order and then send for prior auth...and that "they're not the easiest pharmacy to work with." :neutral:  Was just curious about others experiences with them...
  • @caseyw8784I have to go through cvs caremark as well. My advise would just be to stay on top of them. They weren't the best with communicating when they were having issues w/ my prescription. (My doctor originally prescribed gonal f, but on the prior authorization form they had said yes to "or their preferred drug"). Apparently their preferred drug was follistim which was fine, but nobody contacted me to let me know that I had to have my doctor send in another prescription for follistim specifically.

They were quick to deliver though. Once everything was sorted out got my meds overnighted.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • krenee124krenee124 member
    edited February 2017
    @famiylgrl86 thank you! 
    @HopeSIN we are on the same timeline! ER was today - they retrieved 18. ICSI will be performed today and we should hear tomorrow morning how many fertilized! We are hoping for a day 5 transfer on the 19th! Best of luck to you!!! You had a ton off eggs - I have confidence this cycle is going to be a great one for you!
    @laurad75 thank you! I am feeling okay - crampy and tired but hoping to sleep all day and evening and be back to work tomorrow! 
  • @caseyw8784 I have to use cvs Caremark too.  I thought they were fine actually.  They overnighted things fast and even called my clinic to get a follstim pen prescribed when my clinic somehow forgot the pen part.  The cvs woman totally took care of it for me.  And they send you a nice sharps container with your meds.
  • @famiylgrl86 @Enchilada - oh nice! do they also include alcohol swabs or gauze pads too (like, the "extras")? I've already started a little supply box and picked up some of those just in case... :smile:
  • @caseyw8784 they included alcohol swabs but not gauze pads so def stock up on those!
  • Quick question for anyone who's already done their transfer: have you had any mild cramping? I'm 2dpt & today started having just a little bit of light cramping on & off for a few hours.
  • @JuliaGoolia719 congratulations!!! When will transfer be? Will they transfer both
  • Polythene - so exciting! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll get great news soon!!!

Lizycs - we're on the same time line and we also will straight go to a frozen transfer (and no fresh one) next one cause the doctor was very worried about OHSS. I feel a bit impatient since 6 more weeks seems like an eternity right now, but it might just help our bodies to get back to normal after all those hormones.

Krenee - 18 eggs is great! Do you already know how many fertilised? I'm sure the next 5 days will feel like the longest ones in our lives, waiting and hoping for good news :)

how do you ladies feel feel after the egg retrieval now? Mine was yesterday and I took another day off to relax. I'm still having some pain though.

Me 31 / DH 37
    TTC ~ 2 years
    IUI #1: Jan 16 BFP!
    May 16: Stillbirth angel
    IUI #2 - IUI#5: Sept - Dec 16 -> all BFN 
    Dec16: laparoscopy & hysteroscopy 
    IUI #6: Jan 2017, BFN 
    Feb'17: first round of IVF
    March 17: 1st FET
  • @aera11 I had my transfer on sun and I had a few sharp pains yesterday but nothing now... I actually feel great but now I'm creating signs in my head. This will be a long week :)

@juliagoolia719 I LOVE that!! What a great Valentine's Day! Congrats ❤❤

ugh I wish I hadn't told anyone what we're doing. I have close friends who have been so supportive but one literally asked me what the success rates are today. I wish I lived in a bubble for this :)
  • @JuliaGoolia719 yay!!! That's awesome news!!! 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Aera11Aera11 member
    edited February 2017
    @PolythenePam we're transfer buddies :) when's your beta? Will you poas before?  I was feeling good til today, crampy & nausea...trying not to SS either

edited bc I can't type laying down 
  • @JuliaGoolia719 that's awesome.  Congrats!
  • @Aera11 I had light cramping everyday. I'm currently 9dp3dt and it mostly subsided the last day or two but today I feel right sided cramping so who knows! 

@JuliaGoolia719 I'll say it here too, that is a great valentines gift! Congrats!! 
  • @Aera11 yay!! My beta is next Wed (the 22), when is yours? If I POAS it'll be Tuesday morning but I'll try to hold out.. if I start to have signs I'll for sure test but otherwise I'll try to wait :) 
  • Mine is the 23rd! I'm so on the fence...part of me wants to be prepared for whatever the results are & part of me thinks it'll be easier to get a phone call rather than a see it. @PolythenePam I'm rooting for you!! (And everyone :). )
  • @Aera11 you too!! Fingers crossed!! ❤
  • SBumpSBump member
    edited February 2017
    @laurad75, glad your recovery went well. I also only got 3 eggs from 5-6 follicles, but I still had a pretty tough recovery. The nurses said besides how many follicles the ovaries made, recovery can also depend on the uterus's response to hormone levels changing and how much things had to be move around inside to retrieve the eggs. 
  • @Lizyc & @Krenee - did you already get the call to see how many fertilised?

My clinic just called - out of 25 retrieved, 16 were mature but only 11 fertilised (through ICSI - I somehow thought the ICSI fertilisation rate would be higher?!). And now I'm completely freaking out and soooo so worried that I'll end up with  no 5d blastocysts whatsoever (we will do frozen, not fresh transfer).
    Do any of you wise ladies have advise on how to stay calm during these days? Thanks a lot in advance!
    Me 31 / DH 37
    TTC ~ 2 years
    IUI #1: Jan 16 BFP!
    May 16: Stillbirth angel
    IUI #2 - IUI#5: Sept - Dec 16 -> all BFN 
    Dec16: laparoscopy & hysteroscopy 
    IUI #6: Jan 2017, BFN 
    Feb'17: first round of IVF
    March 17: 1st FET