Infertility

February IVF

18910111214»

Re: February IVF

• @krenee124 I'm so so sorry :(

I will be doing FET next cycle. Basically, I go in for monitoring once I begin my period. Then they'll start me on estrace (estrogen pills). I'll continue monitoring until lining is ready. Then I stop estrogen and start progesterone (PIO for me). That's for about a week, along with Medrol (I think it helps body to not attack the embryo once transferred). Then they'll transfer (around cycle day 20 depending on body's response to meds).

Hope this helps! 

Me: 31
    DH: 34
    Ttc since 11/15
    Unexplained infertility 

IUI #1: 11/16. Clomid and ovidrel BFN
    IUI #2: 12/16. Clomid and ovidrel BFN
    IUI #3: 1/17. Letrazole and ovidrel BFN

IVF: 2/25 10 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 7 embryos frozen, 7 embryos normal PGS/PGD results
    FET #1: 3/22 CP
    Hysteroscopy: 5/8 polyp removal 
    FET#2: 5/31 ??

• @krenee124 so many hugs!! I'll be watching for that amazing update soon! ❤
  • Loading the player...
  • @krenee124 I'm so sorry, sending hugs your way.

@Marley629 how are you feeling after the retrieval? Keep us posted with how many eggs you got!

I got the fertilization report today and 8/10 fertilized. I'm happy with that. Since they found a polyp during my cycle, they are hoping to freeze all and do a FET after removal of the polyp. If the embryos don't look like they will make it to day 5 or won't survive the freeze then they will do a transfer. Just waiting on pins and needles (literally lol) to get the call on Friday.

Also, I just realized that you're supposed to do the PIO shots by drawing up with 18 gauge and injecting with 22 gauge, I did it backwards last night *face palm* Oh well you live and learn 
    TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you ladies! Best of luck to everyone! I will still be following. I find hope it others' success stories so keep them coming <3
  • @kaseycoco I'm pretty sore  today. My left ovary decided to play hide and seek so they had to dig a bit but they retrieved 5 yesterday.  3 out of 5 were mature and all 3 fertilized with ICSI. I don't get another update until Wednesday which is torture!  Unless all 3 make it to day 5 and come back viable after CCS testing, we will be doing another retrieval round in April at the RE'a recommendation so I'm planning for that. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• @marley629 ugh sorry you're sore. It's not a nice feeling. The wait is so hard! FX for a good report after the testing!

I got the call today that my embryos are looking good so far and now I have to wait until Sunday to see if they will do a transfer or freeze all that make it to day 5. Either way I'm feeling excited towards the next steps. 
    TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • hey ladies! for those of you who've done transfers before, do you know if it's normal to feel like your period is coming prior to the transfer? I'm doing my ET tomorrow morning & have been on crinone 8% gel since Wednesday. Haven't had any side effects from it that I've noticed until feeling like AF is coming today. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @famiylgrl86 a bit, I think I irritated my cervix with that same progesterone as it caused cramping and later spotting. Best of luck!!
  • @PolythenePam Thanks!! I probably did the same thing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Gatorgirl2009 how are you doing waiting!! Did you take a hpt?
  • FX for you @Gatorgirl2009

@kaseycoco FX for your embabies 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• @Gatorgirl2009 absolutely praying for you!!!!! 
  • @krenee124 hugs to you!! I am so sorry to hear! We are in the process of doing a FET cycle now with only one embryo/one chance. My physician does not do the oral hormones, everything is by injection. I am taking a low-dose steroid daily, baby aspirin, and every 4 days I am injecting del-estrogen. We are essentially amping up the uterus for implantation, from what I understand. We started after my last period and will amp up for about 3 weeks total. Tentative transfer date: 3/14. 
    Thinking of you!! <3 
    Stage IV endometriosis - 2 laparoscopic procedures 2016
    Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    Failed IVF round in 2016 - 6 mature eggs, 0 normal embryos on PGS testing
    2nd round IVF started Jan 2017 ER - 11 mature eggs, 11 fertilized, ONE normal embryo
  • famiylgrl86famiylgrl86 member
    edited March 2017
    @Gatorgirl2009 OMG that's amazing!!I know it's early, but congrats! :smiley:

I had my transfer yesterday afternoon. 1 embryo. I don't know if all places do this, but they gave me a picture of the one they put inside me so that was really cool. Now fingers crossed all sticks!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @famiylgrl86 Thank you!! I'm cautiously excited!!! Congrats on being officially in TWW! They had our embryo pictures up on the screen so I made sure to get a picture of them, they are just so cute!