September 2017 Moms

Anyone thinking names yet?

Re: Anyone thinking names yet?

• Loading the player...
  • Agree with @Kimby883. I grew up in Virginia and the humidity there is awful. Living in New Jersey now and while it gets hot, there's hardly any humidity. I'm dreading our yearly visit to VA for 4th of July. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @daniellelynette We've had a similar situation over here! I once mentioned the name Michaela as a MN, since my dad's MN is Michael, and I thought it would be a nice tribute. And DH was all like, "NO! No no no no no." But wouldn't give an explanation, and he's not a super emotional guy, so for him to react that strongly was odd. Eventually he told me he lost his virginity to a Michaela, and it was such a bad experience that even hearing the name is unpleasant for him. Which, of course made me feel bad, because I'd been bringing the name up a lot to try to get to the bottom of his reaction! Whoops!

• @daniellelynette DH apparently got around a bit before he met me. I've made a few suggestions for MNs that have gotten the response, "I dated a ..." It's a little annoying. I mean, I agree that it's a good idea not to use an ex's name, but I only really have one ex, so it's not hard to pick a boy's name. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @amandarene112 ugh yes DH is that way with a bunch of names. It's so annoying. 
    @bridge-and-wall Same here, I can count my "number" on one hand, and DH can't even narrow his down. He definitely got around too, both before we met and after. We met in 10th grade, I was 15, and then we got into a fight when I tried to tell him that his girlfriend (who was my best friend at the time) was lying about being pregnant. She was in my truck talking about it and I tried to warn him and he basically told me I didn't know what I was talking about and to get lost. Two years later he apologized and we got together almost instantly, but he reeeeally got around in those two years. I don't want to hear about most of it. I get jealous lol. I swear I'm gonna strangle him if he shoots down too many more of my names because of the women he's screwed lol.
  • Hey guys sorry I've been MIA lately I just was having a lot of issues with my progesterone and spotting and things. Being in here was rough on my anxiety but I'm 11 weeks almost I think I'm ready to come back! 
    I have always loved Lorelai for a girl and we were thinking Noelle for a middle name since we found out Christmas time. For a boy we are definitely going with Hudson and a family name for a middle name, Acey, pronounced A-C.  
    Now i just want to ask for a girl do y'all think we could nick name her Ellie? Our last name starts with an E so the initials are LE, would that be too much explaining? And for the boy we would call him Ace, which I don't think is odd I know many people who go by a middle name. With that said though does anyone see any odd initials, monograms, etc that we are missing?
  • mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
    edited February 2017
    So, the more I think about it, the more I love the name Ramona for a girl. DH and I were talking about it last night, and I'm 99% sure that's our girl name. But picking a MN is going to be rough. DH likes Ramona Scarlett, but I'm just not convinced. We also threw around Ramona Evelyn, Ramona Avery, Ramona Rene (my MN), Ramona Madeleine,  and maaaaybe Ramona Kate, though our last name is also 1 syllable, and I don't think a short MN flows well with it. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? 

• @amandarene112 I like Scarlet as a MN. 
  • TexafornianTexafornian member
    edited February 2017
    @amandarene112 I like the softer vowel mn's with Romona as it flows nicely...like Avery. Or a soft consonant like an L...Lane, Leanne etc. And I'd do at least two syllables if your last name is one. 
    My DD is a 2 syllable first, 4 syllable mn and 1 last. Flows well.

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • @amandarene112 Ramona Avery is a beautiful name! I agree with @Texafornian that is needs a softer consonant or vowel, and a longer first and MN because of such a short last name. My last name is also one syllable so most of the names we are throwing around are 2 and 3 syllables.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited February 2017
    @Breath_Easy92  I don't see any issues with your names at all! 

@amandarene112  I adore the name Scarlett, but I don't love it with Ramona. I
    feel like Ramona needs a softer middle name. Ramona Evelyn and Ramona Madeleine are my favorites that you listed. What happened to Ramona Felicity, weren't you thinking about that? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 we liked Felicity as a MN with another name, but I kinda like it with Ramona too. Putting it on the list. :smile:

• I like the name Mina for a girl. Dh doesn't like it. 
  • Advice: So I really like the name Cora, but have a niece named Nora. Would that mean Cora is not usable? 
  • @baileylove22 do they live close and/or close in age? I honestly wouldn't worry about it. I think cora is a very pretty name!
  • @wellhithen Thank you! :smile: Yeah, I think you're right. My niece is 3, but they live in WA state and we live in HI. 
  • @baileylove22  I wouldn't let that stop you from using it. My nephew is Jason, and if this baby is a boy he will likely be named Greyson. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @baileylove22 I'd use it! It's a pretty name and if they end up best buddies i think it would be cute 
  • @baileylove22 I'd use it too. It was one of my top contenders but both me and DH have CC as initials and I was adamant about not adding another CC...that and our DD is RC so she'd be odd man out so to speak lol. Cora is a great name!

**TW**
    Losses:
  • @baileylove22 I'd check with your brother or sister. I think it's cute and not a problem, but I think there are some women who would be mad about it. My SIL gets upset about stuff like that. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Ok. I am joining this thread late, but I wanted to share something and see if any of you ladies have gone through anything similar. DH and I both like the name Grant for a boy. I've always liked that name and have talked about it since my last pregnancy. My parents HATE that name though. Now I know its my kid and it doesn't matter what they think, but I just feel like it will be odd knowing they hate it. Anyone? Similar?

• @DPandMB yeah kind of, I loooved Everett for a boy but my sister hated it. I had the same thought, like it's my baby, you'll get over it... you'll learn to love it because it's my baby! It feels weird but I say if you and DH both love it, don't let anything stop you.
  • @DPandMB I don't think my mom likes our names very well she just keeps mentioning how long the girls name it (Lorelai Noelle) and how she'll never be able to spell it and how the boy name (Hudson Acey) is so "unusual" lol honestly I think that once the baby is here they'll make the name fit them though and then it seems like everyone tends to have the name grow on them. If you and your husband love the name i say go for it and if it makes you feel better ask them their opinion on middle names :)
  • @DPandMB My family really dislikes one of our top girl names. I just told them they needed to start getting used to it, lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our girl name is, for sure, Averie Catherine Leeann (in honor of our three moms) and our boy name is Graham Henry Lee, so far. Our runner-up boy's name is Avery Robert Henley, which also honors our dads and my grandpa. I think it will be easier to decide which boy name if we find out we are actually having a boy. My husband is rooting for a girl though, so we will see!!
  • @DPandMB My family absolutely hated the names we picked for our first two children, Kysen and Malina. Now that they are here, they can't imagine them with any other names. So, if you and your husband like it, I say go for it! It only matters what you guys think/ want, because in the end, it's your child! :)
  • @DPandMB Parents can wish that you picked their favorite name all they want, but eventually they realize that they got to name their kids. You get to name yours. This happened with my aunt and her grandkids. Also, Grant is a good name. I have a good friend that's using it for her son, due this month. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Thanks for all the hair pets ladies. I keep telling my mom I love it and she needs to get over it. I just can't help but worry about it being weird. We've got time to figure it all out though. And who knows, maybe we'll end up with another girl ;-) 

• That's why we won't be discussing names with family this time around.   It's just another set of people to veto names as if it's not hard enough to agree on one with DH.  My mother won't hold back her opinions so she can just wait until it's born !

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• DH and I have always agreed on the names Nathan and Max for boys. Max is a family name (husband's grandfather), but was also the name of my SIL's naughty cat. We might combine them or we might choose one and use a variation of my maiden name for the MN. Or something else TBD... 

We have been talking about girl names more--I'm starting to get a feeling. I've fallen for the name Ruby after reading it in a book and DH really likes it also. I love Felicity, Miranda, and Claire, and he suggested Stella. We agree Ruby Stella or Ruby Claire could both be lovely names. We also like the name Desiree. 

DH wants theme naming and I do NOT. So Ruby could lead to a future Pearl or Sapphire in his ideal world...do I want to risk going down that path?
  • @DPandMB I don't think my mom likes our names very well she just keeps mentioning how long the girls name it (Lorelai Noelle) and how she'll never be able to spell it and how the boy name (Hudson Acey) is so "unusual" lol honestly I think that once the baby is here they'll make the name fit them though and then it seems like everyone tends to have the name grow on them. If you and your husband love the name i say go for it and if it makes you feel better ask them their opinion on middle names :)
    @Breath_Easy92, if my family could learn how to spell my 12-letter, very unique married name then I think your mom can learn how to spell Lorelai :tongue: I think people like to judge any possible name because it's not what *they* would have picked out, so it's always best to take advice with a grain of salt and just do whatever you feel is right. :smile:
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm obsessed with Ryker, Lachlan, and Killian for boys name. My SO hates them though. He's stuck on Carson, which I'm just not a fan of. 
    We're agreeing on girls names at least. So far we have Remington, Riley (spelling might change), and Mila. 
    So we're set if we have a girl, but it seems like we're doomed if we have a boy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MadisonInspires
    I would be careful with Ryker. Ryker reminds me of Rikers Island...a prison in New York City. I like Lachlan and Killian though. DH is Irish decent, so I've been looking at some Celtic names myself.
  • @lahearn18
    Yeah, that doesn't scare me too much. I personally think that's kind of neat, but I may be odd. :) I had never heard of the prison until I looked at the name actually and saw comments on it. Either way, I'm sure he would make it his own. 
    And I love Killian, the only problem is I am obsessed with the show Once Upon a Time, and that's where I first heard the name. Now my guy can't get past the fact that the character has the same name and thinks that's the only reason why I like it. So, I don't think it'll be a winner. But I'll keep my hopes up for now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MadisonInspires I really like Remington for a boy or girl :) Remmy is a cute nick name (if your a nick name type of person) 

@mightymcqueen. THANK YOU! Especially  considering my name is really pronounced how it's spelled because she sounded it out lol 
  • @MadisonInspires my DD's name is Remi...we just went with the shortened version instead of Remington and I call her Rem Rem, Rem, Remster lol...and of course...Remi. :) I'm struggling to find a name for a boy OR a girl that I love as much and that goes well with it...

**TW**
    Losses: