February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (1/30)

Re: Weekly Randoms (1/30)

• @leslie1331, check out the spinning babies website.   There are a couple things you can do positioning wise that are supposed to either help flip,  or to encourage them to stay head down.   They also have information out there on mapping to find out where baby actually is.   I think your appt is tomorrow ,  right?  You can find out then for sure. 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Partyof6? Thanks! I do go tomorrow, so I will confirm with her where she is exactly. I can't figure out the head or the butt like they can. But, I'll look up some moves just in case :) 
  • @kirstynikole that's awesome! was it cheap to make? I want to do this as well but haven't looked into it enough.
  • homemake said:
    @kirstynikole that's awesome! was it cheap to make? I want to do this as well but haven't looked into it enough.
    Yes and no. The wood was about $120, but it's solid! Any other King bed with the same quality wood would easily be 700+. We also had paint and tools for it so we didn't have any added Costs there. Honestly though, if you had to buy paint, I still think it'd be more cost effective than buying one at the store or offline. 
  • @kirstynikole that is awesome! Great job on the finishing!

@homemake ana-white.com or shanty-2-chic.com FTW :) They both have good quality (free) furniture building plans of things you would actually want in your house.... unlike a 1970s woodworking book. That's where we go the plans for our master bed, dining room table, 2 console tables, & wall shelves plans. 
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • lfrank12 said:
    My boss just asked me if I'm dialated. That's awkward, right?
    Yeah kinda awkward to just ask that, more so if it's a guy! Although I did discuss I was dialated with my boss this week lol (however she has recently had kids and has been checking in with me all pregnancy). It was more of a "hey I'm already dialated so we should probably get moving on who is replacing me when I'm on leave..." 
    She's a woman and actually supportive/excited for the baby, so that makes it better. She was so convinced I'd go early and is now shocked I'm still here. 
  • @Lafreeman21 I have a bunch of plans from Ana White pinned but we never had enough of the tools until recently. I'll have to go back and find some projects ! 
  • @NiceyMeany did you get a warning for that TOU violation in the cervix thread?? What was it for? Using the "D" word?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kswiger06 said:
    @NiceyMeany did you get a warning for that TOU violation in the cervix thread?? What was it for? Using the "D" word?
    D word? D*mn?
  • kswiger06 said:
    @NiceyMeany did you get a warning for that TOU violation in the cervix thread?? What was it for? Using the "D" word?
    D word? D*mn?
    Lol yes... I guess that what we say to the kids like "don't use the "B" word or "did you just say the "D" word" lol but that's all I thought I saw she said that could potentially have been an offense
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • leslie1331leslie1331 member
    edited February 2017
    kswiger06 said:
    D word? D*mn?
    Is this even considered a bad word?! I feel like I've dropped a whole lot worse! 
  • kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited February 2017
    @leslie1331 lol I don't know, it is if my kids say it... but her comment was removed and I didn't think it was all that bad so I was trying to recall what would have caused it. Maybe the OP reported it?

Edit. Grrr my phone had an update yesterday and auto incorrect has taken over
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Do I say something?

My mom promised to stay with me a week after baby was born to help with the transition for my oldest, and just to help in general. I asked her to do this because with my first she didn't stay at all and I was in a new city where we knew no one.. so it made me a bit lonely and overwhelmed. My H had a work project closing and had to go back to work asap, so that didn't help. This go around he's in school and in a similar situation with work, so he will only be home the week after(at most).
    Yesterday I called my mom to visit and she casually mentioned she's going to a concert three days after I have baby, so she'll need to leave early the morning of so she can go get her hair done etc. What? You've known about this yet continued to lie and say you'd stay with me? We've had a strained relationship my whole life and I told her this was a big deal to me, so I can't understand why she'd blow it off. Will I be able to manage without her? Yes of course I'm usually very self reliant, but I went out of my comfort zone and asked for her help. Why wouldn't she want to try and bond? She's pulled this kind of stuff before, but I thought she finally got it this time. Is it worth a conversation or does a tiger not change its stripes? At this point I've accepted she's not staying, but I feel like she should know that what she did isn't cool. 
  • @kirstynikole I know there's backstory here, and I don't know what having a NB is like yet, but on the surface what you described, her being gone for one day during the first week home, doesn't seem that bad to me. Your H will still be home at that point, so her help might be needed more later on anyway. 
  • Nah we got this @homemake. We're just gonna have prompt right on time babies. 
    Fingers crossed!!!
  • I'll be just 38 weeks on Sunday but we have joked that I'd go into labor this whole time on super bowl Sunday. We are in New Hampshire so obviously big pats fans! My fiancé says I'm not allowed to go on Sunday, but I wouldn't complain
  • Starfish113Starfish113 member
    edited February 2017
    LOL @Xstatic3333 I ❤ you!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Just got a bridal shower invite that says they just bought a home and are "not registered anywhere and are requesting cash."  :|