February 2017 Moms

Febuladies Who Go Bump in the Night, January

Re: Febuladies Who Go Bump in the Night, January

• @MLRocha definitely sounds like it could be an anal gland issue.  Usually dogs express their glands gradually each time they poop, but sometimes if there isn't enough pressure from said poo they can become impacted or express poorly. Most dogs don't need the assistance to express them, but after a GI upset or change in foods/diet, they can cause issues. Watch it to make sure it doesn't get too bad that it becomes impacted and infected(that's usually worst case scenario), and if it was you'd notice a bulging area around the side of the anus.

Sorry if I got too into this convo, lol former vet tech knowledge coming out.

• I don't like waking up to pee anymore because I end up awake for hours. I've been awake most of the time since 3:15 (it's 5:52 now) and tonight I've got some terrible pains going on with my hips, back, and stomach. It's like RLP on steroids and I can't even attempt to roll over or move to a new position.  :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This thread will need to be resurrected as the Zombie Apocalypse thread once we all have babies. 
    Last night was our first night home and LO does not seem interested in sleeping in his crib. He'll be fine for a few minutes, then get restless, and then cry. He's perfectly content sleeping in our arms though.

Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kswiger06 said:
    I don't like waking up to pee anymore because I end up awake for hours. I've been awake most of the time since 3:15 (it's 5:52 now) and tonight I've got some terrible pains going on with my hips, back, and stomach. It's like RLP on steroids and I can't even attempt to roll over or move to a new position.  :(
    I too am awake thanks to having to pee. Now I'm also starting to get a little hungry and baby is hiccuping. It's 4:58am here and everyone else is snoring.. I'm sorry that you're having bad pain @kswiger06 !! I know a pillow between the legs has been suggested for the hips and back, but I found that was making mine worse. I hope you find some comfort and are able to get in a little more sleep soon, since we all know a major lack of sleep is in the way! I'm going to attempt to get back to sleep too.

I'm also feeling a slight tickle in my throat and am hoping it's nothing but slight allergies. Go away germs, I don't need a sick household the week before baby's arrival! 
  • Anyone else being woken up by nightmares/bad thoughts? 
    Maybe this is a FTM thing, or maybe it's because I already have GAD, but I keep having recurring nightmares/bad daydreams of people dropping the baby while holding her. Or her rolling off the bed. Or just really disturbing things. It's starting to make me feel crazy..
    Like to the point where I talk to H about it in the morning and say something like "okay, all visitors must be sitting when they hold her.." or "no one else can drive if she's in the car". It's basically just a long list of "rules" and I know some of them are so irrational/embarrassing. 
  • Well hello @kirstynikole lol. Hopefully you can get back to sleep too. I'm hungry also so it might become distracting, I've only got about an hour before I need to get up, to get my kids ready for school. I attempted a pillow between my legs but it didn't seem to help, and got tangled up and annoying lol. My throat and nose have been really dry lately, I think due to the furnace but it seems like I'm the only one it's affecting so it might just be pregnancy related idk... I hope you're not coming down with anything, and can get some more rest tonight!! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • srscott3 said:
    Anyone else being woken up by nightmares/bad thoughts? 
    Maybe this is a FTM thing, or maybe it's because I already have GAD, but I keep having recurring nightmares/bad daydreams of people dropping the baby while holding her. Or her rolling off the bed. Or just really disturbing things. It's starting to make me feel crazy..
    Like to the point where I talk to H about it in the morning and say something like "okay, all visitors must be sitting when they hold her.." or "no one else can drive if she's in the car". It's basically just a long list of "rules" and I know some of them are so irrational/embarrassing. 
    As a FTM too, I can definitely see where this could happen. Fortunately, I'm not there yet. Right now we're just trying to get the hang of sleeping. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

• @srscott3 I have a lot of those anxieties too, but a lot of it has to do with my own competence. The rest is an irrational fear that the hospital loses her, but I know how extremely unlikely and absurd that is--the recurring nightmares are very convincing though. 
  • @MrsLittleMac I have the fear of her being lost too. And the fear of kidnapping is so strong. That phase where everyone kept posting videos on Facebook of attempted kidnappings in grocery stores haunt me all the time :/ 

also, I'm sorry, my last post and this one should maybe have TWs but I don't know what to label it as..
  • Yes! I've already warned H that I'm probably going to be a possessive ball of nerves for at least the first few weeks. Can't even think about daycare, etc in the future. A daycare down the street from where we lived a couple years ago left a disabled boy in a van on a hot day while everyone went to watch a movie. He was okay in the end but stuff like that scares the everloving ish out of me. One day at a time, right? 
  • @srscott3 before and right after DS was born I had a lot of vivid nightmares like that as well.. I'm pretty sure it's completely normal for FTM and even STM+. I still will have awful nightmares every once in awhile about DS and a few (though not nearly as many as before) about DS2 as a newborn. 

Something I never had before baby was bad anxiety while driving, now I'm constantly finding myself looking to make sure no one crashes into us. I still don't like anyone driving DS around, but I have let a few family members Take him places close by. I think it's all part of the momma bear instincts and wanting to protect them. I'm definitely trying to relax a bit about it and accept that others will be cautious as well. All in due time
  • kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited January 2017
    He's ok to eat hot dogs, but I still cut our DDs. She won't eat hers on a bun and wants them cut up, so I still slice it long ways first so they aren't round... you smoked a cigarette at 10? Lol I wonder what he's done that I don't know about lol @PerraSucia
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I work with a lady that makes her 16 year old call her before and after eating if she's home alone. I guess she thinks she will choke?! Not sure when this will end, maybe when she gets married? 
  • Before DD was born, I had a dream that the nurses at the hospital dropped her on her head! It was horrible! Thankfully, the nurses were beyond amazing and DD received excellent care. I haven't had a deep enough sleep lately to have dreams, but I'm sure I'll have more scary dreams about DD in the future.
  • I work with a lady that makes her 16 year old call her before and after eating if she's home alone. I guess she thinks she will choke?! Not sure when this will end, maybe when she gets married? 
    That's exactly why hot dogs scare me, but I don't want to be like this when my kids are 16. I'll be working on this fear immediately!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ever since I started having kids, I'll do this weird thing where even after an event, outing, activity etc. turns out completely fine, I will obsess over what could have gone wrong and it's always the worst case scenario, like really dangerous scary shit. Obviously an anxiety issue, but that's just to say I think (to a point) as a mom whether FTM or experienced Mom, it can be normal to have those kind of horrible 'what if' thoughts. Or maybe not and I'm just nuts. That's also a strong possibility. 
  • @lemieuxk I am so sorry! My DD was the same way and it was super frustrating! For the first few weeks she needed to be held to sleep and then would only stay asleep in the newborn napper of her PnP. I spent many nights couch "sleeping" (didn't really get much sleep since she would wake up) because the PnP is in the living room and can't fit in our bedroom. Just this week she started sleeping in her bassinet and I've been able to finally sleep in my bed.
  • @lemieuxk sorry! My first son was that way; he would not sleep unless being held or physically touching me in some way. The second I tried to sneak away or move him to the PnP or crib he would wake up, usually screaming. Of course my husband slept through it all. After weeks of no sleep I gave in and we became cosleepers. I hope you find a better solution and get some zzz's!
  • Nothing like waking up to your dog puking on the carpet at 3 am  :|
  • kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited February 2017
    @jlellis603 maybe pup is picking up on something  ;)

DS woke up three times last night with an upset tummy. No puke or the other, but he was curled up and was holding his tummy crying and screaming saying ohhhhh. I felt awful and just held him and rocked him. Really hope it was a fluke or just too much milk before bed? My husband suffered from an ulcer at a veryyy young age and I pray he hasn't inherited my H's stomach issues.  :/
  • @kirstynikole, I really hope your DS is okay, poor little guy! 
  • @Jab3 thank you! I think he is, just probably a combo of allergy drainage and too much milk before bed. I know nasal drainage can screw up my stomach, so I'm thinking that's what really got him last night.

• I bet you're right @kirstynikole and I'm glad he'll probably be just fine.

I'm up right now sick to my stomach with what I'm praying is from something I ate earlier and not that virus that H has had past few days and that my kids seem like they might be carriers of/coming down with the past few days. All my kids have been talking about is how all their little friends are being sent home one by one for getting sick at school. My mom has had something going on too and we just visited with her not too long ago. I'm sitting here still trying to convince myself it's just something I ate though and trying to distract myself by being on here!
  • Ugh, so much stomach stuff going around @Jab3! Hopefully you're just fighting it off. Rest hard today-easier said than done with two kids, I realize!

Up for an hour around 4 is my new norm. I suppose that's about to become 2, 4, 6, 8...so I should enjoy it while I can! 
  • lfrank12lfrank12 member
    edited February 2017
    Feel better @Jab3! It really seems like February is the worst month for all these different viruses going around  :/

ETA: this is my third night in a row of being awake for 1-2 hours throughout the night. I go to bed freezing and by 2 am I'm sweating and have to turn our fan air even though the heat is running. I can't even imagine if I was pregnant in July
  • I've been up for about an hour now. This is officially the third year in a row I've been sick on my birthday. I'm starting to feel slightly better but I still have a nasty cough that's killing my throat/chest. I just want to sleep!
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • I was trying to go back to sleep again and my dog just decided to puke IN our bed. So there goes that idea. Now to start on the laundry...  :|