February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (1/23)

Re: Weekly Randoms (1/23)

• Curious about everyone's thoughts about starting new insomnia and ask a STM threads? The current ones are from November and December respectively and are getting big enough that my mobile app is choking on them and crashing. Don't want to step on anyone's toes or if this was discussed during the week I was incommunicado, so thought I'd raise it to the group.
  • Loading the player...
  • Curious about everyone's thoughts about starting new insomnia and ask a STM threads? The current ones are from November and December respectively and are getting big enough that my mobile app is choking on them and crashing. Don't want to step on anyone's toes or if this was discussed during the week I was incommunicado, so thought I'd raise it to the group.
    Whoops I completely forgot... I'll make a new one for stm! 
  • @homemake awesome; I have a feeling the February one is going to be a doozy. Do you want to just make the one you just started a Janu-ruary kinda thing for ease? Or start a very special birth month one in (ohmygod only) 7 days?
  • Sorry @poetryandoceans, I forgot too! New thread posted!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Also, I'm doing a last nighttime feed and a small part of me is hoping LO takes a massive dump any second, so I can kick my husband and get him to change the kid. Lucky jerk has slept from 11 with relatively little interruptions. Must be nice....

edit: the kid is bone dry. Clearly the two of them are in cahoots...
    Aw man, I remember many a nights being up for the umpteenth time nursing the kid with hubby sleeping on my side, baby falling asleep on my lap and me awake forever.  Everyone in the house sleeping but me.  Wanted to smack my husband so bad :-p  Mind you, he was/is awesome with the assist when I need it but since I was the one nursing never made sense to wake him up, plus he just has an uncanny ability to fall asleep in a snap where as I take forever.  But still, wanted to smack him so bad.
  • Hope all goes smoothly with the inspection and closing @LilyAS42! Such a stressful process.
  • Thanks, me too!  Just a lot hitting us at the same time but that seems to be how it goes sometimes :-)  One day at a time, right?

• @Lafreeman21 Lol, I watched all the HP movies in December, same reason. But I stopped movie 7.5 right before Snape dies. Because no pregnant lady can deal with the emotions that scene involves. 

My husband had been reading The Philosopher's Stone to the bump since August, and it actually seemed like LO recognized his dad's voice when he came out. Highly recommend doing that, especially in these last few weeks. 

• LilyASF42 said:
    Also, I'm doing a last nighttime feed and a small part of me is hoping LO takes a massive dump any second, so I can kick my husband and get him to change the kid. Lucky jerk has slept from 11 with relatively little interruptions. Must be nice....

edit: the kid is bone dry. Clearly the two of them are in cahoots...
    Aw man, I remember many a nights being up for the umpteenth time nursing the kid with hubby sleeping on my side, baby falling asleep on my lap and me awake forever.  Everyone in the house sleeping but me.  Wanted to smack my husband so bad :-p  Mind you, he was/is awesome with the assist when I need it but since I was the one nursing never made sense to wake him up, plus he just has an uncanny ability to fall asleep in a snap where as I take forever.  But still, wanted to smack him so bad.
    Ugh, all of these things. Yes, he's awesome, and helps when he needs to. And then immediately drops into a deep and restful sleep (at least, that's what I assume by how bloody loud he was snoring last night). And I feel so guilty waking him up. At least one of us should be functional during the day, right? 
  • Guys I'm having a mini freak out. It's 11:17, and I've only felt baby move maybe 10 times total since waking up at 8am. A brief blip of that was a few hiccups when getting up and then a few slight movements within the last hour. I drank chocolate milk and laid on my side- nothing. Chocolate usually always gets him. 

I feel like like a crazy person overly worrying, but having your doctor discuss possible unexplainable fetal demise due to cholestasis is terrifying.

Currently waiting for H to get home so we can go by L&D for monitoring. I can't wait around for the nurses to call me back and possibly have those hours of waiting be bad. 

I know as soon as I get there he'll probably move like crazy but I just can't take this worry. 
  • @kirstynikole You're doing the right thing. How much longer do you have to wait for your husband? Can you catch a cab and have him meet you there? It sounds like acting will make you feel better than waiting, and provided the cab ride wouldn't cost you $50, I think it'd be a reasonable investment for your peace of mind. Keep us updated. 
  • Movement can sometimes slow a bit towards the end just because the quarters are getting pretty cramped, so try not to worry too much.  Hoping you get some good reassurance at L&D!
  • @kirstynikole when I had little to no movements, I freaked out and called, but my OB told me to turn off all the lights and noises (like the tv) because they can lull baby to sleep. Lying down in silence seemed to help for me because she woke right up as soon as the tv was off. Sending positive thoughts your way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kirstynikole Oh man, that is scary! Praying it goes ok with monitoring and keep us posted. 

Have they given you movement parameters to look out for? How far too low is 10?
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @kirstynikole sending good thoughts your way! I'm glad you called, it's always better to know than to worry! I had the same thing a few weeks ago and when in for a few NSTs and everything turned out just fine plus I got an update on where/how baby was going so that's a plus too. Keep us posted and try not to stress too much!
  • @kirstynikole What a scare! Glad the kiddo got moving!
  • @kirstynikole same thing happened to me last night. I felt decreased and sluggish movement all day yesterday. It's a horrible feeling not knowing if you're overreacting or if there's a legitimate reason for concern. I like what @LivingLaVidaGinger suggested to try with lights and all sound off if possible. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. Either way it's always scary. Glad LO is cooperating now, even if it does make you look like you lied ;) you know your body and baby best and if something feels wrong, it never hurts to have it checked out.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • It's official.  There is no longer any comfortable way for me to sit at my office desk any more :-p

Also, it's National Pie Day and I have no pie!!!!!

• Ive not been posting much the past few days, been more of a dirty lurker as its been a tough few days. Ive not been feeling great & have probably been taking too much out of myself and literally have had to just give in and let everyone else take over and just go to bed. Ive not really been eating much and have horrible constipation so its not been a barrell of laughs. My milk hasnt come in & because ive felt so rubbish i havnt been trying to get cora to latch or pump for stimulation.
    Cora also had a bit of a sticky eye which turned out to test positive for group b strep. Shes on eye drops which have cleared it up but we also had to take her to the hospital yesterday for blood tests just to be on the safe side, which have thankfully come back clear. But its been so worrying and makes me so cross that it isnt something that is tested for here in pregnancy & also that i wasnt given antibiotics despite the prolonged time between my waters breaking & actual delivery (42 hours).
    Emotionally its been tough between worrying about cora with the gbs, not being able to feed her & feeling a bit of pressure from my husband who as a gp is very pro breast feeding & just general not feeling well.
    However, i still have so much to be thankful for as Cora is doing well, is oblivious to the gbs & is feeding & sleeping well & her eye is almost fully better thanks to the drops. Shes an absolute wee doll  & we are truly blessed with her & so in love. My husband has been so great doing everything that i havnt been able to from feeding & nappy changes to washing & grocery shopping. My parents were here sat & sun which was a godsend as they took over & let us just sleep & my mil was here for a few hours today helping out too.
    hopefully were both on the mend and be able to get into a way of going soon.
  • kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited January 2017
    @Janefelicity I'm so sorry you're having a rough time right now.. if it helps any, just remind yourself it will get better, and you'll find your routine and way of things within the next few weeks. Every baby and experience is different, so don't be too hard on yourself. You love your baby and are doing what you can while still healing and figuring it all out. Breathe and know, we're all here for support as well as your family. 

I know it's tough, but you're doing the best you can and you are doing great!

Sending over love and hugs ❤❤ 

• @Janefelicity Sorry you are having such a rough patch. Take care of yourself and know that it will get easier. Recovery from childbirth is hard but it sounds like you have good support in your husband and family. Use their help as much as you need to in order to get some rest.  Sending positive thoughts your way that You and Cora are both feeling better soon!!
  • @janefelicity I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy! I hope you begin to feel better soon. You're doing the best you can and it will get easier as you begin to heal. Hopefully your milk comes in but if not, don't worry as long as she's getting fed! 
  • GretchypooGretchypoo member
    edited January 2017
    @Janefelicity +1 to what everyone else said and l'm sending you and Cora lots of hugs. Your body has been through so much and you have done so much to take care of this baby! You're a great mom. Be gentle with yourself. 

And, if you start to feel hopeless, talk to your H and care providers. FX this passes quickly and your milk comes in!
  • @Janefelicity PPs have covered the bases, but sending big hugs. You're doing a great job!
  • @Janefelicity I hope you feel better soon! Just remember you are doing a fantastic job for Cora!
  • Hugs to Jane and Cora  <3<3