July 2016 Moms
Options

January Randoms

Re: January Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @honeybear40- I didn't even think of that part...I absolutely want to see the first time my LO has sweets- she just stole that from you...that is all part of the thrill of the 1st bday- the smash cake. Ugh...so sorry :-\
  • Options
    @HoneyBear40 Ugh. No way. I have to keep my babies away from family members because of their MSPI. Even if they just have a taste of dairy, it can cause horrible issues for them. And my aunt gave my cousins baby chocolate ice cream at 5 months
  • Options
    @HoneyBear40 so much no. Not only is it not ok to give solids without checking with you first, I would be so mad at people saying my daughter was a little pig. I hope you shoved the pudding in her face. 

@TiffRox81 seriously my new favorite show! I haven't seen this week's episode yet.
  • Options
    @HoneyBear40 Absolutely NOT to the pudding. And certainly not with out asking. I would be beyond pissed. My mom was sorta the first to give DS banana, but both DH and I were there so we got to see his reaction. What your MIL did was completely inappropriate. 
  • Options
    I LOVE This Is Us too! @TiffRox81
  • Options
    @HoneyBear40 I would be livid. You have every right to be mad. 
  • Options
    Love that theme, @kmurdock925. I've been kind of leaning toward picking a few colors and maybe a cute saying....something along those lines. Don't be surprised if you see something similar when it's time to post photos, haha!! 
  • Options
    @tiffrox81 - we can share ideas!  When the time gets closer we should probably have a thread for this...
  • Options
    I'm at my witts end.....saturday evening we went to Patient First (an urgent care alternative to the ER) since LO's pediatrician wasn't open. LO had 102.5 fever with cough and congestion and a rash. Doc there said he had a viral infection and Roseola (rash). They sent us home with nothing.
    He seemed fine and I dropped him off at daycare on Monday with cough and had given him Tylenol for the fever which seemed to have helped him. Got a phone call from daycare a few hours later that he had 101.00 fever and wasn't himself. I called his doctor to fill them in of the weekend. I then stayed home with him for 2 days and gave him the rest, snuggles he needed. I also noticed the usual 4-6oz of formula was now 2-3 oz. which was a red flag and thus producing less wet diapers. I asked them if I should also give pedalyte and they said that was fine which he has been drinking here and there when needed.
    Brought him back to daycare today although he was still coughing he seemed better. Daycare called me again that he was sleeping every other hour and again, not himself. My husband was on the way to get him as he usually does anyway. Phoned his doctor's office and they now want him to go back to the ER. He was just there in December for bronciolitis and was tested for Pertussis which was negative. The nurse at his pediatrician said that they may have to test him again for Pertussis so here we are. I'm about to leave work to my poor baby boy. I feel so helpless but we've done everything 
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Jodi1980 I'm so sorry. I hope he gets better super fast. Baby J just got over broncholitis so I know how tough it is. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry @Jodi1980. I hope this time the doctors are helpful and your LO gets better quickly! 
  • Options
    Please keep us updated @Jodi1980 Thinking about you guys!!
  • Options
    @Jodi1980 I'm so sorry! I hate when LOs are sick. I know a few months ago, DS was treated for bronchitis, pertussis, and walking pneumonia. We were sick in my house for almost 12 weeks straight. Just remember that this supposedly makes their immune systems stronger. Hugs and snuggles to your little guy and hugs to you, momma 
  • Options
    Oh no! @Jodi1980 I'm so sorry you're going through this again! I hope the doctors are able to accurately diagnose him & get you both some relief. Thinking of you guys!
  • Options
    I've also been on Pinterest pinning 1st birthday ideas. I'm also doing a red, white and blue party. There are All American cute red, white and blue clothes on Zulliy right now. DH is not supportive of me buying them! They are very cute though...
  • Options
    @Jodi1980 the nebulizer is a pain, but does work wonders. AJ was on one for 6 or 8 weeks. And we had abuterol and something else in it. 
  • Options
    Ugh! I feel ya we are using a nebulizer now too and an antiboitic and steroids:( I thougth theyd just say oh he has a cold.  Question for people that have used nebulizers do you use the infant mask one?  The one they gave us didnt come w the mask but the doc used one while we were there and then gave it to us..he was saying its more effective..any tips for getting them not to thrash their whole body and scream bloody murder I just hate doing it. We did a couple just blowing it in his face but Im sure its not as effective. @Jodi1980
  • Options
    Anyone still cosleeping now that their LO is rolling over? I'm going camping in my trailer this weekend and can't decide where DD2 should sleep. I can't have her in our cosleeper now that she's rolling. She mostly sleeps on her belly so I'm worried about how soft my mattress is. It's 20 degrees outside, although we do have heat, I'm worried she'll get too cold in the Pack'n'play. I'm leaning towards her being in bed with us. Any suggestions? 
  • Options
    Tips/tricks for baby constipation? M keeps crying and I can tell she's trying to poop :( 
  • Options
    Wholesome baby food website has a recipe for apples.  They advise saving the water used for cooking for apple juice.  We have this to Elijah for constipation and I think it helped!  The doctors office advised peas, pears or peaches for constipation.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks! 

When DD1 had constipation, I ate tons of prunes and dates and noticed it helped. Once when it was really bad I gave her some apple juice. 
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 ditto on the apple juice (diluted), prunes, pears, apricots, spinach.  We called the on call doc one night and they said 1/2 oz apple juice and 1/2 oz water...she immediately started farting and a poo came soon after.
  • Options
    @Jodi1980 poor guy :( Hope he starts feeling better soon!

@LDSJM123 P foods! Prunes, peas, pears, peaches.
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 Maybe this is just my child, but he poops EVERY time he's in his exersaucer thing. Usually explosively, lol. I think it's just a good position for him to get it out, so a lot of times I put him in it when he seems backed up! Weird suggestion, might be worth a try. 

@holly142 Yeah, not intentionally but we have ended up cosleeping even more often now that he rolls and since we've been trying to transition to the crib. The last two nights he's woken up at 3 or 4 and won't go back to sleep in the crib, so I've taken him out to the couch to sleep with me. I put him in his boppy and sleep next to him, just as an extra layer of protection if he tries to roll or if I move around in my sleep. I mean, I'd love it if he could make it through the night in his crib, but it's not happening right now so we do whatever works. I do let him sleep with a blanket in the crib though. Maybe shouldn't admit that but his room is really cold and the weight of it calms him. I keep a close eye with my monitor though.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 ... just went thru constipation with Nat. Prunes pureed worked wonders. It was a VERY VERY VERY messy wonder lol. Both the feeding and the result at the end lol.
  • Options
    @winnie1122 the exersaucer will definitely help. It puts LO in a squatting position (or they can get into the squatting position) which helps straighten out the colon and lower intestine so the poop can flow more freely. Great observation! I actually hadn't thought of it, but it will definitely help! 
  • Options
    Yep. All of our blowouts lately happen in the exersaucer.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! I have prunes mixed with apple and I'm going to mix it with oatmeal. Figure some extra fiber wouldn't hurt. I'll pick up some apple juice after work if she hasn't gone by tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Lol @arhodes6 I fed Nat prunes last week because of constipation and the following morning we were playing on her play mat in her nursery when she dropped the stinkiest fart hahah it smelled suspiciously like prunes so figured I would check her diaper ... poo everywhere hahaha. Then while wiping up the catastrophe, she pooped again ... while the diaper was off. It was early AM .... hubby got woken up to me yelling OMG SO MUCH POO!! Hahaha we still laughing about it