May 2017 Moms

Holiday Deals!

Re: Holiday Deals!

• @nda_roxybabe I'm not sure how small cruisers run. I switched to cruisers once he was mobile and a poo leaking factory (hooray 10 month walking!) before then swaddlers or baby dry did the trick just fine. 

May '17 labor memes
  • @WombThereItIs Yea, I want cruises in size 3 I was thinking.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Loading the player...
  • DD1 was 7lbs12oz and DD2 was 8lbs, they both wore newborns for a good 6 weeks! They have no butts apparently. It's so hard to guess what size diapers will work, that's why this Target sale will probably be my only stock-up until baby is here! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @chickyclg what a great idea! Thank you! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • 25% off baby/toddler clothes at Kohls until midnight online

code-LASTCHANCE

• Glory be - I thought I was keeping up with this one, and I got 73 posts behind! Forgive me if this has already been said (don't have time to catch up right this minute!) but H&M has a lot on CLEARANCE right now, and they have some really good basics for littles!
  • PghMom412 said:
    Just left target. 12 boxes of diapers, a boba wrap, and an ergo carrier plus infant insert for under $275. Feeling mighty pleased with those deals! Now to find somewhere to store it all. 
    Holy cow! Get it! Was the Ergo on sale too?!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @nda_roxybabe Ergo was clearanced and the boba was 1/2 off! 
  • starphish18starphish18 member
    edited January 2017
    @pshaortao Do you mind me asking what size you bought them in? I think I might take advantage of this deal, but I have no clue what size to purchase. I assume we'd want to use these more in warmer weather, but I don't know if I should assume we'd use them right away in the summer.

Edited to clarify: This would be for bodysuits.

Edited again hah: Kohl's also has sales on some nursery furniture right now, including the pieces I was going to get from Amazon. With combined savings and Kohl's cash you get back, I'm going to buy then from Kohl's cause it's a bit cheaper. Just FYI for anyone who still needs furniture.
  • @pshaortao - thanks for sharing! I have  $20 in Kohls cash that I need to use this week and this sale is perfect!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Also, for anyone planning on getting a baby memory book, this is a perfect sale for getting one at a really good deal.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• pshaortaopshaortao member
    edited January 2017
    Good idea on the baby book! And other things too =)

@starphish I'm pretty much going off on what size DD was although I know this one could end up being different. She started around 70% for height and weight then climbed up to 90+. She was in 6mos by age 4 months, 9mos around age 6 months and when she turned one she was starting to transition from 12 to 18 months. The haul I got was a 5pk of 3mos for this summer and a 5pk of 18mos for next summer. I'm going to do another purchase with 2 sets of long sleeved onesies and maybe a 2pk of pants in 9 or/12 mos.

Worst case... its usually super easy to exchange even if its months later. You can always stick with the smaller sized stuff and wait until another one of this sale. I think they do it 2x a year?

Sorry if I sound so rambling, mobile bumping and eating lunch at the same time isn't easy ;)

• @starphish18 My kids lived in short sleeve bodysuits all summer long! Bodysuits are the same thing as onesies :wink:
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Good deal on Halo sleep sacks on Amazon today. We used these until 18 mos or so. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00008KWO1/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk?th=1&psc=1

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @Jen_Shoes my Target only stocks like 1 or 2 boxes in each size on the floor. If you ask they can retrieve more from the back. I almost always buy a bunch at a time so I only have to do it every few months and it's well worth waiting 5 minutes for someone to check stock. 

May '17 labor memes

• Next Week's baby ad from Target.

• emilyalsoemilyalso member
    edited January 2017
    This is the best thread I could come up with to post this... I saw these for $3. at Target and thought they would be SO CUTE in a little girl's room! (SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST!)
  • I went to target today to try on some maternity jeans and shorts to get an idea of size to rose o line at other stores, which is frustrating and a whole other discussion. Anyway, 20% off using cartwheel on maternity clothes until the 28th. So I ended up getting a pair or jeans, shorts, sweater that was on sale, and a couple of dresses (not maternity but will still work!). 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Zulilly has the ergo 3position carrier in tan only today for 60$  
    (I think that's a good deal? I have never used the ergo, but I know a lot of people love it!) 
    https://www.zulily.com/p/natural-linen-three-position-carrier-224982-42448760.html
  • Squirtgun said:
    Zulilly has the ergo 3position carrier in tan only today for 60$  
    (I think that's a good deal? I have never used the ergo, but I know a lot of people love it!) 
    https://www.zulily.com/p/natural-linen-three-position-carrier-224982-42448760.html
    Oh, haha! Great minds :D 
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Question - since y'all seem so up on deals and I'm clearly not, does Britax stuff go on sale ever? I think we're going with the Bsafe 35 elite for our car seat and I am kind of OK buying it myself since it's a 100% must-have. I'd rather see shower gifts be things I wouldnt necessarily buy myself if push came to shove. (I hope that doesn't sound as greedy as I feel like it does...) In any case I'd love to get a deal if one exists ever!
  • Question - since y'all seem so up on deals and I'm clearly not, does Britax stuff go on sale ever? I think we're going with the Bsafe 35 elite for our car seat and I am kind of OK buying it myself since it's a 100% must-have. I'd rather see shower gifts be things I wouldnt necessarily buy myself if push came to shove. (I hope that doesn't sound as greedy as I feel like it does...) In any case I'd love to get a deal if one exists ever!
    I know britax shows up at Burlington for a good price sometimes, but I'm not really sure about going on sale at regular retailers. 
  • It does go on sale at Target sometimes, but more rarely than the other brands. You can always use your registry completion discount on it though! That's 15% off, plus another 5% if you have the Target debit card!
    I got both of my girls Britax convertible seats on Amazon for a good deal! 

Also check out carseatblog.com they have a page that they track car seat deals and update it often as Amazons pricing changes quickly. Here's this months page! https://carseatblog.com/35482/
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • The page I posted above ^^^^ I just realized tracks stroller and othe baby gear deals too! https://carseatblog.com/35482/
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @ShadeofGreen816 - This might be more trouble than it's worth, but I'd say worth looking into. If you can find a used seat at a consignment sale/store/on craigslist for cheap, then you could use that at the BRU trade in event to get a discount on a new seat. You'd just have to check the price of the one you want to make sure that you didn't overpay for a used one. 

(My parents (bless them) bought a used carseat when I was pregnant last time and it was about to expire! I ended up using it at the trade in event and saved around $35 more than what they paid for it.)
  • I do not follow this thread closely so forgive if this has been said before, but for large ticket purchases I use https://camelcamelcamel.com/ to review amazon price history and set up alerts if it goes below a certain price point. If you use google chrome and are an avid amazon shopper they have browser add-on as well. Also Ebates (and the browser add-on) is often a win of a few extra dollars for me during any online shopping. Currently 3% back on baby items (excluding smaller stuff). 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • I was just browsing clothes and noticed that Old Navy has some decent deals. Lots of their baby stuff is on sale or clearance (lots of 3-pack bodysuits for 9.99 or less, for instance). Automatic 25% off most purchases until 1/19, extra 15% off with the purchase of five items until 1/19 (code: FIVE), free shipping over $25 (code: FREESHIP), and $10 "supercash" back for every $25 spent. It looks like stuff has been picked over, though, cause lots of sizes are unavailable. I added the following example to my cart to get a pricing estimate.

Example purchase:
    2 3-pack bodysuits for 9.99
    2 3-pack bodysuits for 7.99
    1 onesie for 2.49 on clearance
    All codes above applied, total $31.04 ($2.38 per piece) plus $10 cashback

• edited January 2017

In her stroller review @bacorrea mentioned that she loved her vera uptown diaper bag, I looked it up and it appears there are a couple colors that are on a pretty good sale. Actually most things on the website are on sale and there's a couple other diaper bags with good reviews too.

https://www.verabradley.com/product/preppy-poly-uptown-baby-bag/sky-blue/1004219_204236.uts

https://www.verabradley.com/product/uptown-baby-bag/exotic-floral-grid-with-black-trim/1004218_204526.uts?Nr=AND(Content+Type:product)&Ntt=baby+bag