May 2017 Moms

Holiday Deals!

Re: Holiday Deals!

• @vrj0522 I got the same one. I'm happy with it!
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Amazon- save 30% off your first subscription of seventh generation diapers or wipes. I believe it's 30% and then an additional 20% which is a pretty good deal... Usually it lets you order more than one and sometimes it lets you use the deal on different sizes. You just have to mess around with it a little bit.

This is how I get all my diapers. I sign up for the subscription to get the deal, once I get my diapers I cancel the subscription. If you don't have prime, sign up for a free 30 day trial. You can set it up to automatically cancel without any charges. Easy. 

I like seventh generation. I think the diapers work pretty good. Some people don't like that they are brown but that's because they are free of dyes and bleach. The wipes are good, nice and thick. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Gah! The conundrum of buy it now at 20% off or hope someone gets it off my registry...
  • I want a tula but 20% just doesn't excite me.... we have some time.. I think we can find better!

• Hip2save posted about the upcoming diaper deal at Target next week and gave a good scenario on how to save and links to different coupons: https://hip2save.com/2017/01/03/target-free-20-target-gift-card-with-125-baby-department-purchase-starting-18/

• @vrj0522 I got the same one. I'm happy with it!
    I got the same one too, I was really wanting that one so it ended up being perfect lol.  

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• pshaortao said:
    Hip2save posted about the upcoming diaper deal at Target next week and gave a good scenario on how to save and links to different coupons: https://hip2save.com/2017/01/03/target-free-20-target-gift-card-with-125-baby-department-purchase-starting-18/
    AMAZING. Sometimes I just need someone to lay it all out with exactly what to get! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • I' overly excited for the diaper deal. H is still not going to "get" why I want to go ahead and buy so many diapers though. Then again, the weirdo keep buying me baby shower gifts?! 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • I haven't looked into this, but it was just posted yesterday, so probably still applies. Carter onesies at Kohl's for cheap with combined savings. 

• @starphish18 , thanks for passing along! It looks like the extra 15% off is no longer valid, BUT there are some pretty good deals to be had in the clearance section with the extra 20%. I'm definitely snagging some stuff for baby girl for the summer!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Kipperoo said:
    @starphish18 , thanks for passing along! It looks like the extra 15% off is no longer valid, BUT there are some pretty good deals to be had in the clearance section with the extra 20%. I'm definitely snagging some stuff for baby girl for the summer!
    Follow up...code WINTERFLAKE gives you another 15% off. :-) 
  • Don't forget the double dip diaper deal starts tomorrow! 
  • I only read this 5th page so if this was mentioned I am unsure. Costco is having 7 dollars off all huggies diapers and I cannot remember how much off their wipes this month. I also do not know if this is a good deal in comparison to the target one but I did end up buying a size one box for the little lady 
  • Also I was wondering if we could make this a recurring monthly post. So instead of continuing to post here in the holiday deals we start a january deal and follow it with feb etc. ? Anyone up for that or is that too much posts?
  • I think we should just leave it in this thread. I think they were trying to change the name from holiday deals
  • Cleaned out the size 6's at my store. I'm not terrible at potty training, he's just a big boy! Don't really want to buy ahead for the next one since sizes are a gamble and we will be moving a month or two after baby comes. 

May '17 labor memes
  • I've tried to change the name of the thread, but the edit gear isn't in my original post! Sorry.
  • I just got on a computer and I can't find any way to change the name of the thread. I'm not sure where the edit gear went. 
  • @WombThereItIs my son's only 16 months old and he is in 5s lol no judgement here. People constantly think he is a two year old hes so tall. we almost bought 6s this week since he is not lb wise ready for 6s but length and width ready. 
  • @WombThereItIs I bought some 5s yesterday. DD has zero interest in potty training at 2.5. :|
  • :) my son is 17 months and is in size 5's
  • I have the little tiny one over here! DD2 will be 3 in March and still has plenty of room in size 4s. But I'm totally working on the potty training this long weekend *fingers crossed*
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • We're in 6s now too. People thought she was 3 when she turned 2. She can hold her pee but she won't go in the potty so we're not pushing it. I can't make up my mind how many boxes of 6s to get! I'm thinking 4 and the rest for LO.  I should at least be able to exchange whatever if she potty train sooner or if she needs more before LOycomes/another deal happen.

As for the change to the title of the thread, I think you cant edit it after 30 days. I honestly don't care at this point.

• Carters is having 70 percent of clearance and an extra 20 in store which makes no sense because I highly doubt youll be paying just ten percent of the original price of anything... The website is claiming the sale going on now is only a twice a year thing
  • I prefer to leave it in one thread that way if a deal starts in January, but ends in February it's all in one place. Plus I've used this to go back and see past recommendations.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Speaking of children's butt sizes, DD is in 5T clothes but 2T underwear.  She has plenty of room in them too.  She has no butt.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Speaking of children's butt sizes, DD is in 5T clothes but 2T underwear.  She has plenty of room in them too.  She has no butt.
    haha same here. Kiddo is in 3Ts because of length but nothing stays up! I have to cinch the pants and it still doesn't matter. 
  • I'm in the same boat @bacorrea. DD has long legs like her mama so pants never fit right. I like that a lot of jeans have the little elastics on the I sde that you can tighten. 
  • To tag onto the Target deal {sorry, I know I'm always plugging Target but it happens to be what I have the most info about ;)} there are also quite a few cartwheel deals you can use as well. Honest Co. is 10% off, Pampers is 5% off and there are manufacturer coupons in there as well. I got 4 big boxes of diapers, a box of wipes, and a small pack of diapers for about $100 after cartwheel and redcard were applied, plus $40 back in GCs!
  • So, I asked on FB which Pampers most moms recommend and I got a few comments that I should really wait to buy diapers. I am a planner, I am excited, I wanna buy now. @livin541 I'll be able to return unopened boxes, right? If I needed to.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @nda_roxybabe it was really hard to return unopened diapers when we had DD. The manufacturers will change one small thing about the packaging or how many diapers are in a pack so that it makes them hard to return. Target only took back two of our twelve boxes I think. I found that Walmart didn't give us any issues really and took most of them back and gave us a gift card in return. 
  • @nda_roxybabe i personally don't like how the pampers fit my son. he came home in some other kids pampers just the other day and they were like a  bikini cut on him same size 5. They also have this chemical smell I cannot stand. I used pampers till I ran out of size twos from my shower (thats how many pampers I recieved at the shower!) and switched to huggies from costco- im sure I buy into the hype or whatever but costco's huggies are not the same as huggies at target or where ever else. If you google to try to price check you will not find that brand name sold anywhere else and I swear by them. He never pees through at night and they fit him wonderfully. I tried switching to kirkland and I wasn't a fan of them couldnt put a finger on a specific reason but the kirkland wipes just seemed too smooth they didn't grip poop like I needed. sorry to rant about my love for huggies stuff lol
  • @nda_roxybabe , I, too, am a hyper-planner. I know which diapers I liked with my son as an infant (Seventh Generation), but there is obviously no guarantee that they will work for my daughter.  That said, I know that when I finally switched my son to whatever I could get the best deal on Amazon, he's done fine with basically all diaper brands. I'm planning to have 1 case of newborn, and 2 cases of size 1 (2 different brands) and not buying more than that. I buy the wipes that I like now for my son (Seventh Generation), but I don't want to over inventory myself in stuff that I won't use and I know I will not have the energy or determination to haul boxes of diapers to Target with an infant to exchange them. Also, the deals come up every now and then, so I plan to capitalize on them once she's here and we know what's working!
  • @nda_roxybabe - we had no issue at either walmart or Target. Target exchanged for sizes or brand without a problem and Walmart just gave us store credit. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Thanks everyone! I figured I'd pick up 2 boxes of size 1 and 1-2 of size 2. If they dont end up working for baby and I can't return, I'll just donate. Honestly, part of me is just super excited to buy anything for baby. I'm holding off on a lot of clothes until they're born so I know if I can go flowery or bow ties and elbow patches.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @nda_roxybabe , definitely channel that excitement now when buying diapers still seems fun! :-)