July 2016 Moms

January Randoms

Re: January Randoms

• Neti pots baffle me. How do you not drown? 

• I use Vicks or I sit out in the sun. Not sure where you live, but the sun truly works wonders on congestion (in Florida, so it's kinda an easy go to option)
  • Loading the player...
  • @LDSJM123 Snapchat does not have a privacy option but you can block a user and give the reason why. There's been some people to add me and if I can't figure out who they are I block them and there is an option for "I don't know this person"
  • @FTM53 ha I WISH I could go outside. I'm in WI so no sunshine or warmth here until like June. Exaggeration, but still. It's the pits.
  • I second the netipot.  You don't drown because you're breathing through your mouth as the water goes through the nose.  Just don't blow yor nose too hard after using one.  I'm 31 and I just found out you're not supposed to blow your nose hard even if you're trying to get mucous out.....
  • @austinjl @schaze yes, if you blow your nose too hard, you will actually blow the mucus into your ears...then you have another problem to deal with. Explaining this reminds me that I had a great doctor say to use saline nose spray and ibprophen. 

Yes, some GTKY threads sound fun
  • I love the idea of GTKY threads! 
  • I love the GTKY idea! There could be a daily one, and it wouldn't bother me. 
  • I am down with the GTKY!! 
  • i like gtky threads too!
  • I like the gtky thread idea too. 

Did any of your little ones just stop rolling over? Baby J hasn't rolled over in about a month. I know she spends half her time sitting now so I don't know if that is the reason. 
  • schaze said:
    @FTM53 ha I WISH I could go outside. I'm in WI so no sunshine or warmth here until like June. Exaggeration, but still. It's the pits.
    I feel you. We are grey and icy up here. Taking my dog for a walk is the big adventure lol. Takes me longer to bundle everyone up than it does to walk at this point.
  • It definitely takes me longer to get both girls bundled up than it takes me to walk. However, we go crazy if we are inside all day. If it is below 30 degrees we are only outside for 5-10 minutes. If it's above 40 degrees we are outside for 15-45 minutes. If it is raining, like every day this week, I babywear so I have a free hand to hold an umbrella. DD1 has a little umbrella and rain boots too. 
  • I need a little woe is me moment. The twins have been on PurAmino, an amino acid formula, since they were about 2 months old. They failed Nutramigen prior to that, which is super rare, so they were diagnosed with severe MSPI. We were shocked to find out our insurance would cover the $45 a can formula. Fast forward to today. Got a letter that says our claim was approved in error and as of March 10th, we will have to pay out of pocket. I called insurance and they said they won't cover it, even if it's medically necessary, without an appeal. I've started the appeal process with the doctor's office, but I'm panicking. The doctor's office said they rarely get these appeals approved and we will go bankrupt going through $45 a day in formula. Arrrrgggh. Thanks for listening. 
  • shanparadise I'm so sorry.  That must be a sinking feeling :(  You've got to feed your kiddos...ugh.  Best of luck sorting it all out.
  • @shanparadise oh I'm so sorry.. Hopefully you and their doctor can get it appealed! Lots of good vibes your way <3
  • @babycakesday We're in Nebraska and I'm 99% sure they aren't required to cover it.
  • @shanparadise that sucks! I hope the appeal goes through quickly and they cover it!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• I am really sorry, gah, that really stinks. In theory, will they be done with it come July? any chance the ped's office could score some coupons? Sending all the good juju your way. @shanparadise
  • I'm so mad for you.  I know I couldn't afford formula for one, I can't even imagine it for 2! Ugh!!!!!  
  • @shanparadise we're in Nebraska too and this is another reason why this state sucks. Hugs! And I hope your doc can help you work something out. 
  • LDSJM123 love it!  I started a pin board when I was still preggers and locked down a nursery theme/was running out of newborn stuff to pin...Its fallen to the side but I think it is time to bring it back!  Ironically enough...my father in law called today to ask when I was thinking about having her party because he has to put in his vacation day requests at work by today! 

Let the planning begin...
  • I've been trying to clear out some older videos and photos of E from the Google Drive I share with my parents..Sitting over here tearing up because I miss my tiny baby! I have baby fever so badly but can't imagine having another one right now.
  • @DachshundMomma. YES!! My son does the same thing. I tell my husband that he's blowing my boobs up because he knows nursing deflates them  :D. DS also will press on my boob while nursing and watch it bounce back and giggle. 

@shanparadise...fuming for you right now! That's ridiculous! My cousin has a baby (now 2ish) who was allergic to EVERYTHING. She put herself on a really restricted diet and was able to still BF. Now she packs his food because he can't eat anything. She said they are supposed to grow out of it. Praying for you! 
  • arhodes6 said:
    @LDSJM123 I'm totally stealing the 4th of July stuff!! Q is our firecracker! My water broke on the 2nd and he waited until the 4th. We watched fireworks from our room on the 3rd while I was in labor and we watched them again on the 4th in bed with our newborn. It was so awesome :smile: I was worried about him being born on the 4th but it was actually amazing and I'm sure he will love his bday 
    My husband prayed M would come on the 4th, I was due the 19th. I think it's an awesome and super fun birthday date! 
  • We decided that for her first birthday we would take her to the beach for the first time.  She was born the 28th, her godfathers birthday is the 29th and my best friends birthday is the 31st. So we decided that a weekend trip would be a fun thing for her first.  But I have a whole board on ideas for her baptism brunch plus photos I want to get from that. 
  • Can I rant & rave, please? I try so hard to not be the over-protective Mama Bear that acts like no one can take care of their child but them ... and then last night happened. It's probably a minor thing in the big picture but I'm still ticked.
    It was DH's Grandpa's birthday yesterday so we all went out to their farm for pizza & cake. MIL has a tendency to try and be a showoff whenever there is a group to see her with S (that in itself drives me nuts!!) An aunt was holding S and MIL was eating a pudding filled cake. I hear from across the room "Oh look! She loves pudding!!" Probably gave myself whiplash I turned my head so fast. Told my MIL to knock it off and she replied "Well do you have anything for her because obviously she's hungry and loves the pudding..." Bit my tongue so bad - yes we had a bottle for her but the freaking swarm of vultures when we walked in the door wouldn't let us take the time to feed our child and she was too overstimulated to cry about being hungry at that point....but what do I know about my kid?? Then while she's eating a bottle & some squash I had to hear everyone comment on how much she was eating and what a little pig she is.
    I know I'm probably over-reacting but seriously?? Who the hell would think it's ok to feed someone else's baby pudding before they're 6 months old? Especially without asking first. And besides this - this weekend is the first time we're going to leave S overnight with said grandparent while we're out of town. Hopefully it's just her & FIL so there's no urge to be a freaking show off and feed my child things she really doesn't need yet. I worry so bad about her being an obese child just based on my past and how I was raised. (Had a bunch of testing when I was young because they thought I was growing too fast - turns out it was my caloric intake - my mom fed me too much and I feel like I've fought with that my whole life...)
  • Oh no I would flip my shit and find new sitters for the weekend or cancel.  F that @HoneyBear40
  • LDSJM123 said:
    MamaBish said:
    LDSJM123 said:
    Confession time. 

Y'all, I love planning and hosting parties. 

I have 2 secret Pinterest boards just for M's birthday. Both are designated their own theme, because I can't decide which to do. 
    I was just telling DH that a lot of July mamas have Pinterest boards for the 1st birthdays already and he said, "well yeah, sounds like a good idea!" So I guess that's what I will be doing today :)
    what themes are you working in?
    "She Leaves A Little Sparkle Wherever She Goes" a red, white, and blue theme. Sparklers as favors, straw bales with bandanas on top for extra outside seating. We've always loved the 4th and my husband is military, so it's fitting. 

"You are our greatest Adventure" a travel with touch of woodland theme. This one would be a bit more whimsy and rustic. Lots of maps, mason jars with baby's breath, suitcases, and pine trees (from my xmas decor).  

We only do a big party for the first birthday. After this, birthdays are just us, 1 friend (when old enough) and day full of fun stuff. 

I love it!! I was thinking about the woodland theme too but leanign more animal type stuff: fawns, foxes, squirrels, etc. I am also thinking maybe a flower theme.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015