July 2017 Moms

Announcing!

12345679»

Re: Announcing!

• Has anyone not told family/announced yet? We just told our kids at 13w and my dh told a coworker.  We haven't even told our parents or friends. It's just so hectic with this open heart surgery for our dd and we want to make sure the baby is healthy. Our family is not going to be happy due to health history and I don't want to compound the stress we already have. 
    We've only really told immediate family.  I like to wait until 13-14 weeks to tell random people in my life and I doubt we will say anything on social media until 20 weeks.  Totally up to you when you tell people!

Thinking if you and your DD- I'm so sorry you have to go through that.  Hoping for a speedy recovery!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @OperaSingerMommy @supermom83
    thank you for your words of kindness and positive thoughts.  
    I am at least waiting for my first trimester screening results to come in, maybe this week. NT scan results were great and we are just waiting on the bloodwork results . 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrsdrmat mums the word over here. We haven't told any family or friends yet.  Well, my neighbor guessed when I accidentally texted her instead of my husband asking about baby names.  I'm waiting on the anatomy scan to tell family and work.

I'm sorry to hear about the surgery.  When does she go in?  Hoping for a successful outcome and quick recovery.
  • @caribbeanmama thank you. We are scheduled for the 19th but this is our third date since dd has been too sick to travel and since she will be on a bypass she has to be virus free in the middle of winter with siblings for at least a month.  We have to go to Seattle for her surgery. 
  • My 34-weeks pregnant coworker friend came into my office to talk to me earlier this week.  She knows that DH and I were TTC, but I haven't told her I'm actually pregnant yet.  We had an 1.5 hour talk about pregnancy related stuff.  I felt bad basically lying to her face pretending that I wasn't pregnant yet, so the next day, I 'fessed up and told her I'm preggers. 

Also one of the perks of my job is that the office will mail my packages for me without charge.  Since I am shipping things from Hawaii, this is a really nice perk.  I had to return some A Pea in a Pod purchases.  The return address is "Destination Maternity."  So I'm pretty sure I just indirectly announced to the mail room employees.  Oh well.
  • Bumping for picture comparison. See our friend's post on Jan. 1, (pg 8). 
  • oheliza44 said:
    Bumping for picture comparison. See our friend's post on Jan. 1, (pg 8). 
    Yep. Same cute little boy! But she quickly changed her profile picture now. 
  • LoveLee85 said:
    oheliza44 said:
    Bumping for picture comparison. See our friend's post on Jan. 1, (pg 8). 
    Yep. Same cute little boy! But she quickly changed her profile picture now. 
    Yeah, saw that too
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• I noticed the original picture on the account too. Same little boy. Painfully obvious. 
  • irishrose54irishrose54 member
    edited March 2017
    I just updated on all the drama ( read all the weekend stuff I missed), but I def missed what was said in the first place that led her to be banned in the first place. Whatever it was, it must have been bad. Strange behavior. I feel like whenever I am away from TB for even a day I miss so much! 

ETA - I clearly have fomo

Pregnancy Ticker