August 2017 Moms
Options

Baby names!

Re: Baby names!

• Options
    middy411middy411 member
    edited January 2017
    budzynb said:

BUT I AM SO TORN. All the "Top baby names of 2016" lists came out and Oliver was #9 and Aria was #8!!! We thought these were pretty different and really don't want Oliver to be the 3rd one in his class in school. So do we stick with names we had picked out 4 years ago before they were popular or do we change them? :(

To be quite truthful, everyone seems to think their crazy "out-there" names are soooo original. Except that everybody is doing the same crazy out there names... so really they're quite popular. Want something different? Stick
    to "boring" "normal" names. I always wanted to name my daughter Alexis (since I was in middle school) but I couldn't get my husband on board. I had to have an Alex- name for my girl so we changed it just a tiny bit to Alexia. I love her name and have only met a handful of adults with the same name (and no children). However, name originality really isn't a huge deal to me. I just happen to not be fond of all the crazy "original" names EVERYBODY is doing right now. I say name your child what you love. Because the second you think you picked something original, you will hear of 10 other people planning to name their babies the same thing. It shouldn't matter as long as you think your children's names are beautiful. I think the names you picked are great!
  • Options
    @Kudlica27 @dmbfan46835 My husband is a huge Cubs fan as well and says this is our World Series baby, so he keeps calling it Rizzo. I am a Cardinals fan, so that won't fly! My parents pointed out this weekend that Rizzo is also a character from the movie Grease, so I've been able to tolerate it a little more ;) We haven't seriously discussed real names yet though...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @vannilly you can always name the baby Dexter (as in fowler) for the both of you! I think Rizzo is cute!!
  • Options
    It didn't even occur to me that there could be a lot of Cubs names in the next year. So funny! I do live in Chicago and I bet you when I go to deliver, a lot of names will be team member names. This baby is a World Series baby, albeit not intentionally. We're not really Cubs/baseball fans anyway. 
    If DH tries to name our son after a Chicago Bear, then I may really have issues- I hate football and he loves it!
    Maybe I can convince him to name our son Jimmy, after Jimmy (Buckets) Butler. Go Bulls! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have had names picked out for awhile :) 

Boy- Isaiah Lewis (Lewis is my dad's name and brother's middle name)
    Girl- Joanna Grace 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Me: 24 DH: 25
    BFP: 5/31/14 EDD: 2/14/15 MC: 7/6/14
    BFP: 12/11/16 EDD: 8/20/17 

• Options
    My husband, for no reason whatsoever, is obsessed with the name Cal if it's a boy.  I feel like it sounds like "cow" unless you pronounce it slowly.  I like the names Abel Everett and Eleanor Everly. Apparently, I really like names that start with the letter E.
  • Options
    lmyrmo said:
    only a few ideas so far.  We are wanting to go with a G or N name since the other kids are H, I, J, K, L, M. But it isn't so easy to come up with.  I've been thinking Noah, Nathan, Natalie, Nova, Nora, or Glory.
    Glory is everything!!! 
  • Options
    My best friends name is Hailey Rose! Good choice :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have a big family and many have the name since you guys are mentioning - nieces Savannah age 11 and Aria 5, their sister's middle name is Rose - 12 years old, cousin Oliver (in his 20s). It's hard for us since we have 8 siblings, 12 n&n, and about 40 aunts and uncles. I've also had tons of students and don't like to use their names.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    DH is convinced it's a boy so we are in discussion for the boy name. I love the name Jack, Liam or Duke and so far he only like Duke. DS is Dean so Dean and Duke sound cute to me so I'm for it. 
    For a girl, I've had that name picked out since high school Aurora Lynn ... of course Aurora is now in the top 100 and before it wasn't even in the top 1000 haha. But lately I'm in love with the name Fiona as well so who knows. Thankfully we have 7 months to decide
  • Options
    We love Nadia or Natalia Rose(after his grandmother who raised him) for a girl, and Elijah (no middle name yet) for a boy. Already have a Jacob Alexander

BabyName Ticker
    image imageimageimage

• Options
    For a boy: Declan Isaiah 
    For a girl: Harper Avery (not after Grey's Anatomy lol)
    Lol, happen to love Harper Avery for a girl, but it just brings to mind the old man in Grey's that the award is named after! 
  • Options
    NYTino24 said:
    I have a big family and many have the name since you guys are mentioning - nieces Savannah age 11 and Aria 5, their sister's middle name is Rose - 12 years old, cousin Oliver (in his 20s). It's hard for us since we have 8 siblings, 12 n&n, and about 40 aunts and uncles. I've also had tons of students and don't like to use their names.
    Yes! I have the same problem. I have 13 cousins on one side and 22 on the other. The all have kids (some four or five) my DH has a little smaller family, but not enough to help. We are also close with extended family (second cousins) so that doesn't help either. It's sooo hard! 
     I'm also a teacher. Some names scream brat to me. My husband picked a name last time and I had to veto it because I had a whiny girl in my class with that name. we have two girl names we like from last time, but if we have a boy- we got nothin! 
  • Options
    @ca17ra I have a Callahan, and we occasionally shorten it to Cal. I love his name, but I did giggle at your comment because when DD1 was learning to talk, we would say, "Can you say Cal?" And she would moo. Ha! It is a good, strong name though, and we usually call him Callahan. 
    Homeschool mama
    Married 7.28.07
    DS 9.16.10
    DD 8.3.12
    DD 3.1.15
    #4 EDD 8.7.17
  • Options
    My mom keeps suggesting Edwina. Mom. No. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @breanna428 - DD middle name is Brilynn (pronounced bre-lynn)
  • Options
    @AlexandraW2015 See if you find any good advice here :smile:
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    what are people's thoughts on continuation of family name, as in, being a junior, the third, or the fourth?

my husband is the third and if we have boy is going to be the fourth.... I feel "eh" about his name but it's just a battle I'm not gonna win lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pbandjyummies it sounds like it's not worth fighting that battle. Will your DH let you pick the middle name and maybe your baby can go by his middle name?? I've heard of families doing that to eliminate the confusion at family events with several people with the same name.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    AdvoCyndi30AdvoCyndi30 member
    edited January 2017
    I like the name Daxton. I would call him Dax. DH isn't sold. I got nothing for a girl! 

I have a Grayson Jacob and a Tenley Ruth. Middle names are family names. I would use John as a middle name for Daxton. John is my dad's name. 
  • Options
    I have 2 boys a Cooper William and a Jaxon Lawrie.  My husband picked both boys names out and then middle are family names.  This time around we have always had Lily Ann as a girl but totally lost in boy names. Hoping we figure something out it 6 months :)
  • Options
    thistle8677thistle8677 member
    edited February 2017
    (deleted)
    Decided to hang onto my ideas longer!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My DS IS August Eric.

We are pretty sure if it's a girl she will be Laine Elizabeth (both family names). For a boy I like Beckett Paul (significant names to us). 

We'll see! We had a completely different name picked out for August and changed it about 3 months before he was born :)
  • Options
    DS is Rhys Cooper.  His name is the Welsh spelling of Reece- popular in the UK, not so much in the US.

If we have a girl this time, Freya is my top choice.  DH likes it, but prefers Zoe.  I think it's cute, but that's just it.  Cute.  No idea on boys names, we picked DS name a couple days before birth haha.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

• Options
    @ca17ra Me too! I had two names with E picked out for a girl
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    We are thinking Steven Paul for a boy. It's not my fav but it's really important to my DH. For a girl, we loved Natalie for a little while until thinking people would probably call her Nat and that rhymes with DH's name which I didn't like. Now, our #1 for a girl is Rose Alexandra.
  • Options
    I have loved Riley for a girl forever but it's getting soooo popular I'm not sure.  I definitely like boy names for girls but there is already a Charlie, Dillon and Alex in the family so I can't do girl versions of those either. We also know the middle name has to start with a D (honor of someone). figuring out what sounds good, and doesn't lead to terrible nicknames is tough.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    Being a teacher, I have too many names that I like, but don't want to use or I'm naming my baby "after" that kid. Or I really didn't like the kid so the name is ruined for me. So "original" names are what I've been looking at. Or names that haven't been popular in decades. This site https://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager gives you a graph of when a name was in style!
  • Options
    I think we finally decided on Boaz Everett for a boy or Mercey Everytt for a girl  <3 Finding names we agree on takes FOREVER. My DH is into more traditional names like Daniel and Sarah and I like new fun hipster names lol, quite the struggle! 
  • Options
    I already commented here but now we know we are having a boy and suddenly the name is so much more difficult!  I love Max, H not so much.  
    We both like Louie but I'm not a huge fan of Louis or Lowell (my grandpas name).  The only other name we agree on is Emerson and I'm feeling that might be more of a girl name now?
    Our kids names are Signe  and Milo and I knew what their names would be before I even got pregnant so I've never stressed about names like this. before!
  • Options
    For a boy we are going with Jayton Eugene (middle name is a family name)
    for a girl we are going with BrileeRae Elizabeth 

we have had these names picked out since we started trying 6 years ago! 
    Me: 27 DH: 29

Diagnosed with PCOS: January 2009

1st D&C: Janaury 2009
    Dating: March 18, 2009
    Married: June 12, 2010
    TTC: January 1, 2011
    2nd D&C: June 5, 2011
    3rd D&C: August 3, 2011
    Dec 2016: BFP (due 8/5/2017)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If it's a girl: Myla. 
    I'm thinking if I spelled it Mila people would pronounce it as Mee-la since the celebrity Mila Kunis goes by that. 
  • Options
    DH probably won't even entertain names until the final month or two.  I'm definitely using a "C" first or middle name to honor my grandmother who passed away in April.  I do have a girl name I really like, but I'm sure DH will veto it.  I doubt we'll have a girl anyway.

DH and I usually have a lot of trouble agreeing on a name.  The first time, we finally started discussing names at 36w and we came up with a list of 3 boy names and 3 girl names.  We didn't decide on a name until after I delivered and we had actually ranked it second on our boy list.  The second time, we agreed upon a girl name pretty quickly (using the letter "A" after my grandfather who passed away right after I found out I was pregnant), but were still discussing boy names after my water broke.  We ended up having another boy who didn't have a name for about 24 hours.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We've decided on Conlan. 

In laws are pissed because we aren't continuing with the tradition of naming the boys Theodore. Not sorry. 
  • Options
    @Vamason89, I love Theo but DH doesn't like. I think we're settled with Leo Benjamin and Ella Claire. 
  • Options
    So far all I like name wise is...

Jacob Daniel for a boy and Hannah James for a girl. Both middle names are family names.
  • Options
    I've been craving clementines so much, I said as a joke to DH we should name our girl Clementine....but now I think its kind of growing on me.
    It must be my grandmother sending me messages from above.  She named my dad in a similar fashion - Peter Paul, the manufacturer of Almond Joy and Mounds bars. lol
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

• Options
    LivLew said:
    @Vamason89, I love Theo but DH doesn't like. I think we're settled with Leo Benjamin and Ella Claire. 
    I love your names!!

My FIL is Ted. My husband is Teddy. That leaves TJ (ew) or Theo. I have a crazy cousin named Theo soooo nope. 

My FIL asked why the kid will have so many names. That'd be fine if our daughter didn't also have two middle names. I wish my in laws cared a pinch about her instead of being upset about Conlan. 
  • Options
    I am a huge fan of two middle names, @Vamason89!
    We will definitely be using two regardless of sex.